Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Boost leakage

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2007, 03:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boost leakage

Finally, I managed to fix a major boost leak on my car. Before I was only hitting 13psi max and I kept hitting the fuel cut off. Couldn't figure out what was going on, so I talked to a few guys within our forum here. They gave a few good leads and ideas, so I decided to spend a little money before I would give up and sell the car. I spent close to $1,500 on new parts and another G for other mods. I bought a stock intercooler $100, stock header $100, Buschur intake $250, Buschur upper intercooler pipes $275, Buschur mini battery $225, HKS bov $225, 4ply couplers $75, T-bolt clamps $85, exhaust and turbo gaskets $75 and a few other things. After I assembled everything, I did a leakage test. I charged 25psi into the lower intercooler and heard leaks all over the place. With 25psi, my boost meter showed 5psi. FYI-T-bolt clamps need to be seriously tourqed down. After my 2nd test, 25psi charge and 23psi registered on my meter. Took the car for a test drive and I hit full boost with no problems.