Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Getting sick of some drivers

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2007, 09:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jasil
I too have been on both sides of the camp and real car guys import/domestic preferance will have civilized and respectful conversations. I frequent svtperformance.com daily and there are some real car guys on that site that can respect import performance.

There are equally dumb import enthusiasts too. One guy is argueing about the superiority of the RB26 over the LS series motors which is just about the stupidest thing I've ever heard. The LS series motors are probably the best thing going right now.
Precisely, except I'm a GM guy and have been a long-time member of LS1.com and LS2.com.
Old Sep 7, 2007, 09:47 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Instead of starting any fight or trying to explain anything, I just want to present"LeftSideProwess" our warmest welcome to the EVO world.
Hope you to have fun in your car and in the forum.
Cheers!
Old Sep 7, 2007, 09:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Every type of car has it's fanboys. I know Evo guys on here who think that just because I couldn't afford one and got a Lancer that I shouldn't even be able to sit at my computer and post on a forum because it has Evolution in the URL when it was Lancerforums to begin with. You can still get to this site by putting that in.
Old Sep 7, 2007, 10:01 PM
Evolving Member

my geo will take all of the above cars hands down! and good f***ing nite.
just playin

i have respect for all cars. they all have there pros and cons just like us evo guys
Old Sep 7, 2007, 10:02 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
how are you saying the evo is not that fast stock. Its faster than any other 4 cyclinder stock car out there, that and the STI. But ya ignorant people will always exist, thats why comercials feed on that principal. People think they are babe magnets if they drink the same beer as "a baby magnet on tv"
or that they are good at fighting after seeing rocky balboa.

Originally Posted by spdracerut
There are ignorant people everywhere. Ever talk to any Honda guys? Oh my goodness, the B16 is the greatest motor ever with VTEC! Somehow, they missed out on the fact that the K20 has been out for a number of years..... not to mention, that old VTEC is way outdated compared to double vanos, etc. Then you go over to some Nissan boards and they're saying, "The SR20 is the greatest motor ever!". Uh, yeah... that's a 17 yr old motor too and isn't even close to the newest motors out there. There are a bunch of idiots on this board too thinking the Evo is the greatest car that will ever be created. And of course, you have your Mustang guys, Camaro guys, Porshce idiots, Supra dick-measuring contestants, Ferrari owners who can't drive worth a crap (evidence by all the Enzos getting wrecked), the list goes on and on.

I break down 'car guys' into two main camps; those that respect cars for how they actually perform, and those that are all the 'bandwagon' guys that all think their car is the greatest because their car is loosely based on some very well performing version of their car. Ex: the AMS evo can run 9's, or kicks *** at Time Attack, my Evo must be awesome! Here's a reality check, while the Evo is a very good car, and handles well out of the box, it's not exactly fast stock and is based off of a 4-door economy car. You can extend this example out to guys with v6 mustangs thinking their car is the **** because of the 500hp Shelby GT, etc.

Eh, there are just tons of idiots out there, period.
Old Sep 7, 2007, 11:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lemmonhead
how are you saying the evo is not that fast stock. Its faster than any other 4 cyclinder stock car out there, that and the STI. But ya ignorant people will always exist, thats why comercials feed on that principal. People think they are babe magnets if they drink the same beer as "a baby magnet on tv"
or that they are good at fighting after seeing rocky balboa.
I think he meant in the whole scheme of things not just in the 4cyl world. Low 13's@103-104mph isn't that fast anymore.
Old Sep 8, 2007, 12:53 AM
Evolved Member

if the chinese start making the next porsche killer, people can make all the chin jokes they want, they'll still be in 2nd place.
Old Sep 8, 2007, 12:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by OldschoolEVO
Mad props but in real life the Evo wouldv'e lost to the Lambo
I can't speak of the Murcielago, but I can offer that a carefully modded Evo is capable of outrunning a stock Gallardo with comparable drivers. Even on a track with a front straight that is almost a mile long and some very quick corners.

I've also done a few laps on that same track where a Ford GT was unable put in faster laps. He would gap me a bit on the straights, but by the time we hit the start/finish I was always right back on his bumper. And the guy was trying - he was squirming on corner exits and eventually spun the car off later in the day. Fortunately I was off getting gas at the time, I wouldn't had wanted to be a factor in his incident.

I'm sure in the right situation or on the right track (Laguna or perhaps Road America) the Lambo would properly own an Evo. But in most situations the Evo is actually quite competent. You also need to consider that the Evo in the Top Gear clip isn't stock. The FQ 400 is definitely a cut above a typical reflash.

The Evo isn't the end all of automobiles, but it is a very effective motorsports tool when prepared and driven correctly.
Old Sep 8, 2007, 01:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Jasil
Low 13's@103-104mph isn't that fast anymore.
Exactly. Entry level luxury sport sedans trap that mph (G35, IS350). Hell, there are hopped up SUVs from GM, Jeep, and Porshce that trap that mph. If you can't outrun a stock truck, it's not fast. Pretty fast would be a new M3, C6 Vette, M5, M6, 911 GT3, etc. Really fast would be a Z06, GT2, Viper, F430, etc.
Old Sep 8, 2007, 01:48 AM
Account Disabled

Of course a stock Evo is fast. Just not that fast. Speed is such relative subject. Comparing a 300 horsepower car to a 500 horsepower car is just stupid. Of course the car with more power will faster. Come on now.