Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

hallman pro rx install?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2007, 09:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hallman pro rx install?

Am going to install my hallman evolution pro rx and I have the mitsu gauge cluster so cant mount it in that area was thinking about mounting it in the oem cig lighter spot and making a custom bracjet has anyone done this also any pics of installs would be great thanks
Old Sep 7, 2007, 10:33 PM
Evolving Member

i thought about doing this but i went with a basic MBC under the hood. alot easier. and i would never change the boost in the car. i keep it at 22psi all the time anyway.
Old Sep 8, 2007, 06:34 AM
Evolving Member

Anyone, I know alot of evos on the board are running this boost controller any insights appreciated
Old Sep 8, 2007, 06:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Kevin Knight
i thought about doing this but i went with a basic MBC under the hood. alot easier. and i would never change the boost in the car. i keep it at 22psi all the time anyway.
Just want to ask you a question...? With my flash the boost is set to 22psi and for a DD with all the usual IX mods i have no intentions for now of raising it. How come so many people get the boost controller and leave it to a set level that a simple flash can do?? Are you planning on raising the boost levels with more mods?
Old Sep 8, 2007, 07:46 AM
Evolved Member

i have seen the in cabin controller mounted by the drivers right knee on the underside of the dash
Old Sep 8, 2007, 07:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by urslo4n8
Just want to ask you a question...? With my flash the boost is set to 22psi and for a DD with all the usual IX mods i have no intentions for now of raising it. How come so many people get the boost controller and leave it to a set level that a simple flash can do?? Are you planning on raising the boost levels with more mods?
alot of people get a mbc and leave it at a specific psi because that is what they are tuned for, and with a mbc you wount get as much boost taper
Old Sep 8, 2007, 08:10 AM
Evolved Member

i put mine at the steering wheel under the left turn signal ...

here is a pic of it, sorry it's dark

Old Sep 8, 2007, 08:51 AM
Evolving Member

I just took this pic, hope it helps. If you want more pics on how it was mounted in the engine bay, just let me know. It's flushmounted in the little cubby hole under the controls.
Attached Thumbnails hallman pro rx install?-hallman.jpg  
Old Sep 8, 2007, 09:35 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks dead man and garcias. the only problem with your spot garcias is that I don't have that cubby since thats the location of my oem gauges. I like dead mans spot but did you have to make a bracket to hold the knob in place also did you dremel the steering column? I am still interested if anyone has installed it in their center counsel I still think the cig lighter spot would be perfect since i dont smoke. More photos and insight would be great thanks
Old Sep 8, 2007, 09:37 AM
Evolving Member

By the way evo150 I want the cockpit controll because soon I will be adding an aquamist hfs 5 and dont feel the need to constantly run the meth so I want to be able just to switch maps and adjust boost when I want to be on the meth
Old Sep 8, 2007, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

the MBC came with the bracket that holds the knob, search ur stuff that came with the MBC , you might find it.
for the installing a mechanic put it in there after i told him, i want to mount it there .. and he did an awsome job with it ..
Old Sep 8, 2007, 11:02 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks was not sure about the bracket the boost controller won't be hear til monday when I plan on doing the install a friend of mine owns a local shop that does alot of dsm work thats where ill be doing the install so ill have access to all the necessary equipement. I still would like to know if anyone has installed it somewhere in the center consol though
Old Sep 8, 2007, 01:32 PM
Evolving Member

Anyone else?
Old Sep 9, 2007, 09:50 AM
Evolving Member

Bump for more suggestions
Old Sep 9, 2007, 11:33 AM
Evolved Member

i have seen a picture on here before of someone who has mounted the knob in the center console where the intercooler sprayer is. ill try to find the thread for you