Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

exhaust opinion...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2007, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by ovekcots
Is it possible to install a test pipe and keep everything else stock?
Yes, but its pretty much worthless. You still have the stock restrictive catback and muffler behind it.
Old Sep 12, 2007, 09:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what if I get rid of the cat as well?
will I see any gains?
Old Sep 12, 2007, 09:54 AM
Evolved Member

get a test pipe and dyno it and tell us, don't think that has ever been done.
Old Sep 12, 2007, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

You should take a look at Invidia also. You can basically get a manifold back exhaust system with them. www.invidia-usa.com

Last edited by BBYBruno; Sep 12, 2007 at 09:59 AM.
Old Sep 12, 2007, 10:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BBYBruno
You should take a look at Invidia also. You can basically get a manifold back exhaust system with them. www.invidia-usa.com
Oh sweet, what trubo comes this this MANIFOLD back system?
Old Sep 12, 2007, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TeStUdO
Oh sweet, what trubo comes this this MANIFOLD back system?
A turbo doesn't come with it. The Invidia Manifold is for stock appearing turbos: 16g - 20g-LT.
Old Sep 12, 2007, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BBYBruno
A turbo doesn't come with it. The Invidia Manifold is for stock appearing turbos: 16g - 20g-LT.
I know genius. You said you can get a manifold back system. That would include a turbo. manifold--->turbo---> 02 housing---> downpipe---> test pipe/cat---> cat back. I guess my joke went over your head.

Last edited by TeStUdO; Sep 12, 2007 at 11:56 AM.
Old Sep 12, 2007, 11:54 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ohEVO18
aight, i looked on here for a couple hours today and didnt see anything about the Blitz Nurspec R exhaust. I heard a couple on youtube and thought they sounded pretty decent. ive had my heart set on the BR bullet, but thought id get some opinions here first

thanks in advance...

Everyone's going to give you an opinion, the only opinion that really matters, since you're spending the money is yours. It seems that the two exhaust systems that work really well are BR's and AMS of Chicago's. Personally I used to be a big JDM freak and now I just buy what works the best, JDM or USDM. You should try going to a couple Evo meets and see what people are running on their cars and hear their exhaust systems and go from there. Just my two cents
Old Sep 12, 2007, 12:06 PM
Evolving Member

To those that are running the HKS Carbon Ti... you running it on a nine by any chance? is it full 3" and resonated? I want something - I know I'm being seriously greedy here - that is full 3" and not much louder than stock. I really like the bullet Fujitsubo RM-0A or whatever it is... also the Legalis-R sounds nice. But they're not full 3" and I don't want to sacrifice too much power. If it's close numbers to stock, I can't justify the swap out.
Old Sep 12, 2007, 01:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ohEVO18
well i have really considered getting the "ebay special", because its so damn cheap. i have alot of plans for the car, but wont be starting on them till spring, and im saving money (being in the military sucks lol, the guy at the mcdonalds window makes more than i do), but im tired of driving around completely stock. ALSO i really need a new intercooler (going with the ETS, that thing is sick!), and like i said, trying to save money for things down the road. I just wanted to get some opinions on that particular exhaust. Too many mods, mot enough money lol

thanks though guys
OT but you must be blowing your money on beer and other crap because I have no problems with saving money (money market, Roth IRAs, and savings account) and have enough for parts and paying my bills on my military income. And I know the guy at the McDonald's drive thru window doesn't make anywhere near what you make, even if you were an E-1.

As far as exhausts go you can't go wrong with the BR ones. I personally have the HFC with Magnaflow exhaust and love it.
Old Sep 12, 2007, 01:58 PM

AMS all the way. Bout to get one myself. (at the end of this years autocross season) Know people who have them........
Old Sep 12, 2007, 04:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TeStUdO
I know genius. You said you can get a manifold back system. That would include a turbo. manifold--->turbo---> 02 housing---> downpipe---> test pipe/cat---> cat back. I guess my joke went over your head.
Ohhhh, you know what I mean.
Old Sep 13, 2007, 08:39 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by lords3t
To those that are running the HKS Carbon Ti... you running it on a nine by any chance? is it full 3" and resonated? I want something - I know I'm being seriously greedy here - that is full 3" and not much louder than stock. I really like the bullet Fujitsubo RM-0A or whatever it is... also the Legalis-R sounds nice. But they're not full 3" and I don't want to sacrifice too much power. If it's close numbers to stock, I can't justify the swap out.
im running the hks carbon ti on a 9 and i love it... wouldnt buy any other exhaust
Old Sep 13, 2007, 08:50 PM
Evolved Member

The HKS carbon-ti exhaust is not a full 3" exhausted because it tapers down to 2.75" at the cat. If you are not planning on making over 500whp, I wouldn't be too concerned with it at all. The exhaust is awesome and sounds great. I absolutely love and am looking into someone welding me on a 3" flange at the cat because I will be running a 35r in the near future.