Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

exhaust opinion...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2007, 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
exhaust opinion...

aight, i looked on here for a couple hours today and didnt see anything about the Blitz Nurspec R exhaust. I heard a couple on youtube and thought they sounded pretty decent. ive had my heart set on the BR bullet, but thought id get some opinions here first

thanks in advance...
Old Sep 11, 2007, 01:54 PM
Evolved Member

I <3 my Buschur w/ the bullet.
Visit the like in my sig for videos.
Old Sep 11, 2007, 01:59 PM

i love my hks ti.carbon exhaust!
Old Sep 11, 2007, 02:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by s14er
i love my hks ti.carbon exhaust!
+ 1 its not annoyingly loud. Sounds great and looks even better!
Old Sep 11, 2007, 04:31 PM
Evolved Member

+2 on the HKS Carbon Ti.

I've got mine with a 3"DP and TP, and it sounds great. It's nice and throaty. It's got a low rumble instead of a high pitched ricey noise.
Old Sep 11, 2007, 04:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
ehh, get Greddy Ti ... LOVE mine , no silencer too hehe
Old Sep 11, 2007, 04:46 PM
Evolved Member

I love the BR racing, but I went with the ebay.
Old Sep 11, 2007, 05:11 PM

I have the BR with Magnaflow and love it.
Old Sep 11, 2007, 07:03 PM
Evolved Member

well i have really considered getting the "ebay special", because its so damn cheap. i have alot of plans for the car, but wont be starting on them till spring, and im saving money (being in the military sucks lol, the guy at the mcdonalds window makes more than i do), but im tired of driving around completely stock. ALSO i really need a new intercooler (going with the ETS, that thing is sick!), and like i said, trying to save money for things down the road. I just wanted to get some opinions on that particular exhaust. Too many mods, mot enough money lol

thanks though guys
Old Sep 11, 2007, 07:07 PM
Evolved Member

If your completely stock why do you need an IC? Dont get me wrong the ETS core is great. I just got there ic too. It seems your on a tight budget. Why spend unnecessary money then?
Old Sep 11, 2007, 07:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
now i got the Blitz Nur Spec R... Well it is much louder then Tanabe Medalion touring.
But its much lighter and preatty straight exhaust. I did not get retuned yet so i have no idea how much HP i did gain with this exhaust vs Tanabe.
Now i can tell you is this :
very light exhaust, very high quality, deep powerfull exhaust sound with resonated testpipe, fitment is alright. I need to move the exhaust 1-2 inch outward because its touching the JDM bumper. But its doesn't stick out as far as the Tanabe did. Its not a big deal. Just the Tanabe position, wich is we set it up earlyer for the Tanabe, is not fit with this straighter exhaust. Due shorter lenght + much more straighter design. But overall looks awsome and seems to me doesn't hanging low as other exhaust.
so far this is it from me. i hope it helped.
Old Sep 11, 2007, 07:23 PM
Evolving Member

AMS Full 3in w/ TP
Old Sep 11, 2007, 09:51 PM
Account Disabled

HKS Carbon Ti...wouldnt chose any other exhaust....and like BlueBlur said it looks great to...get it ull love it
Old Sep 12, 2007, 06:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kreionic
If your completely stock why do you need an IC? Dont get me wrong the ETS core is great. I just got there ic too. It seems your on a tight budget. Why spend unnecessary money then?

well my stock intercooler is just a mess. it looks like someone actually ran a rally race on aq dirt course with it and there was a little midget sitting in front the whole time throwing rocks and s**t at it. im not necassarily on a tight budget, but then again i dont have the cash (or credit for that fact!) to just go out and spend when i want; its just that doing one thing almost always means you have to do another, which means doing another, and so on. I do plan on doing a turbo swap (nothing crazy like a 35R or anything) in the very near future, im just trying to balance everything out. i am also trying to balance on performance and aesthetics. There are some things i want to do to the exterior and interior of the car strictly for looks also (i.e JDM rear, and getting rid of those god-awful stock 8 tails). who knows...

a far as the exhaust goes; i looked and didnt seem to find an AMS 3", just 3.5". Granite i didnt spend a serious amount of time looking, but still didnt see it. And not to knock on any of you that have it, i just dont really care for the carbon Ti. not sure why, but the sounds just doesnt really do it for me. the only one i have heard in person on and evo though was only a cat-back; no DP and no TP. now looks on the other hand, there isnt really anything that can come close to the way that thing looks under the car, flat out beautiful. well see i guess
another question in reference to the ebay special: how does that thing fot with a JDM rear? anyone happen to have a pic or any input?

thanks again to all that have posted here, not sure if iys helped me make up my mind, but definately given me some thought; im a very indecisive person lol
Old Sep 12, 2007, 09:29 AM

Is it possible to install a test pipe and keep everything else stock?

Quick Reply: exhaust opinion...