Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Question to those with Fuel Pressure Gages

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2007, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question to those with Fuel Pressure Gages

Hey all,

I just rebuilt my fuel system recently due to the pressure not being held for more than about 2 minutes after the car is shut off. I went in and replaced the injector o-rings, insulators, main fuel line in o-ring, FPR to fuel rail o-ring, and rebuilt the FPR by taking it all appart, cleaning, and re-sealing all of the NPT fittings.

now, the fuel pressure is still slowly seeping down, only now it takes about 35 minutes for it to reach zero. The car isn't hard to start, but it's kind of one of those annoying little problems that I can't seem to get it to hold the pressure for long periods of time.

I am certain that none of the injector o-rings are ripped, as I oiled each with light oil, and was very very very careful in how i assembled them, and everything else. (I am a very meticulous person)

Now, my set-up is all used from a buddies car that was traded in, and it consists of PTE 680 injectors, Perrin Fuel Rail, and an FPR that bolts directly to the fuel rail (No certain as to who makes it as it doesn't have a name on it) Its a really nice set-up, but I can't seem to really narrow down where the pressure is being lost.

To all the guys that have set-ups like mine, and have a fuel pressure gage, how long does it take for you to read zero psi after shutting the car off?

I am kind of lost on this, but I have a sneeky suspicion that it's the FPR letting the fuel pressure slowly drain out...
Old Sep 18, 2007, 04:01 AM
Evolved Member

Wow, this is amazing, I am the only one with a fuel pressure gage?!?!

Maybe I should post about VTA, or a thread about exhaust to get some replies!

Bump!
Old Sep 18, 2007, 05:04 AM
Evolved Member

to be honest with you i never really paid attention.
Old Sep 18, 2007, 05:59 AM

its graduatly goes down on my car..
Old Sep 18, 2007, 06:28 AM
Former Sponsor

it gradually goes down on every car.... leaking injectors can be a problem, but the fact your fuel pressure takes 35 minutes to drop after shutting it off is not a problem at all.
Old Sep 18, 2007, 10:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KevinD
it gradually goes down on every car.... leaking injectors can be a problem, but the fact your fuel pressure takes 35 minutes to drop after shutting it off is not a problem at all.
Alright, just wanted a reality check. After rebuilding it, the car starts much easier now, as before as soon as i turned it off, fuel pressure immediately hit zero...
Old Sep 18, 2007, 09:42 PM
Evolving Member

i would have to say that is normal. it can't hold the pressure forever. 35 minutes is very reasonable. 2 minutes, i would say isn't good.
Old Sep 19, 2007, 02:00 AM
Evolving Member

i dont have on either