Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

megan tbe clearance issue

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2007, 05:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
megan tbe clearance issue

I just installed the megan tbe and encountered an extremely annoying problem. The middle of the downpipe touches the first underbrace. Its the IX model and the Megan website shows a pic of it clearing. I put washers under the underbrace to lower it and tightened every bolt on the exhaust as much as I could. I can't take the rattling anymore, any ideas would be a big help. Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 18, 2007, 05:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 4G63EVO9
I just installed the megan tbe and encountered an extremely annoying problem. The middle of the downpipe touches the first underbrace. Its the IX model and the Megan website shows a pic of it clearing. I put washers under the underbrace to lower it and tightened every bolt on the exhaust as much as I could. I can't take the rattling anymore, any ideas would be a big help. Thanks in advance.
I flipped my brace and mounted it that way....If that does not work could make a slight bend...
Old Sep 18, 2007, 05:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So lower it some more..
Old Sep 18, 2007, 05:18 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
bro i installed mine with no probs,, you have to make sure that you have the evo ix DP there was a redesign for the 9's,,, also make sure you are sitting on that o2 hous correctly, and line everything up
make sure is bolted up correclty to the hangers,, you now those two little ears at the junction with the test pipe or ca whatever you got
Old Sep 18, 2007, 05:19 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by staatz
So lower it some more..
no he doesnt,, megan got rid of that issue,, none of us have it,, check everything
Old Sep 18, 2007, 05:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Buschur sells a hardware kit for the cross bar. It has spacers and new bolts. Check it out!
Old Sep 18, 2007, 05:22 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by apagan01
bro i installed mine with no probs,, you have to make sure that you have the evo ix DP there was a redesign for the 9's,,, also make sure you are sitting on that o2 hous correctly, and line everything up
make sure is bolted up correclty to the hangers,, you now those two little ears at the junction with the test pipe or ca whatever you got
Mine went in no problem as well.

Do what he said and everything SHOULD be ok
Old Sep 18, 2007, 05:27 PM

i have the right dp and have checked everything. The only thing I could think of is where the dp meets the o2 housing. Any tips on getting it tight in there. I tightened it as much as I could but can't really see where it meets
Old Sep 18, 2007, 05:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Get one of these end of problem.

The RMR Lower Control Arm Brace is a replacement for the 2 weak factory bars that spread across the front lower sub frame. Mitsubishi put braces there to help with handling under acceleration as the sub frame tends to spread. Our brace is stronger then the factory units giving more control and less chassis/sub frame. flex. Also, when installing any aftermarket down pipe, the removal of the factory units is a must. Our brace allows room for the larger aftermarket down pipes.
Old Sep 18, 2007, 05:33 PM

its not just the clearance that im worried about now but if nobody else has this problem then I feel like something is wrong with my setup. I would rather find whats wrong than keep lowering the bars or put new ones on once I find that I will look into the RMR brace
Old Sep 18, 2007, 05:35 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by 4G63EVO9
its not just the clearance that im worried about now but if nobody else has this problem then I feel like something is wrong with my setup. I would rather find whats wrong than keep lowering the bars or put new ones on once I find that I will look into the RMR brace
I agree with ya bro...Where did you get it from? I'd call them to verify the parts numbers are for the 9 and not the 8
Old Sep 18, 2007, 05:36 PM
Evolving Member

i did'nt have a problem with mine
Old Sep 18, 2007, 05:38 PM

i know its the right one it doesnt have the flex joint or whatever its called like the old one