Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Las Vegas dealer meeting in 2003?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2003, 05:31 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No spy pics, but yes, the Las Vegas meeting IS going on, well, it's actually over. Started Tuesday and went through Thursday.

Rumors are (I have a couple printed powerpoint presentations that show this), that there is going to be a Lancer Evo RS model next year.

My guess for the RS, take a normal US Evo and gut it. Pull all the luxury stuff out. (Radio, power windows, power locks, etc)

It'll cost less than the normal Evo according to the PP presentation.
Old Sep 26, 2003, 05:41 AM
Evolved Member

something like a stripped RS versions sound neat on paper until you actually go to drive it... so maybe it is 200lbs lighter... but you have roll up the windows, sweet your ***** off in the heat, no radio...etc..... my car would still need a/c and radio for sure! so i have saved 10lbs by eliminating power windows.

Originally posted by Fireball
No spy pics, but yes, the Las Vegas meeting IS going on, well, it's actually over. Started Tuesday and went through Thursday.

Rumors are (I have a couple printed powerpoint presentations that show this), that there is going to be a Lancer Evo RS model next year.

My guess for the RS, take a normal US Evo and gut it. Pull all the luxury stuff out. (Radio, power windows, power locks, etc)

Old Sep 26, 2003, 05:43 AM
gtr
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That is awesome Do you know if there is any gains in performance, such as diffs engine and etc. For those whom seen it, was brembo's stripped and white only like in japan
Old Sep 26, 2003, 07:28 AM

Back From Vegas Meeting

I just got back from the Vegas meeting. barely talked about the EVO. They mentioned no NEW EVO. The only addition will be a '04 LANCER RALLIART & '04 LANCER SPORTBACK RALLIART. The Ralliart Lancer will give more of an EVO appearance without all the horsepower. Bigger Wheels, more horsepower (than a regular Lancer, but not as much as an EVO) braking, ground effects, seating, clear tailight lenses, etc. They DID NOT mention stripping it down. It basically is an upgraded OZ. I did not see or hear anything mentioned about a stripped down RS. I went to every meeting, unless I missed it because i had too many . Seriously though, the big thing was the Ralliart addition without the $$$ of an EVO. There saying that this Ralliart will be under 20K!!
Old Sep 26, 2003, 07:54 AM
Evolving Member

any new colors?...
Old Sep 26, 2003, 09:19 AM

I actually grabbed a '04 Lancer Brochure at the meeting. The EVO is shown in the back of the brochure listing hp, torque, etc. The '04 EVO will be NO different in appearance and NO different in performance. It is the same, I can't see ANY differences.

There are 2 new colors in the Lancer family, both in Blue. Mytic Blue Pearl ONLY available in the ES & LS Sedan. And Ion Blue Metallic ONLY available in the Sportback LS Wgn.
Old Sep 26, 2003, 10:10 AM
Evolved Member

For those that are looking for a weekend track toy the RS is a great deal! For a daily driver, it's probably not what people would look at. the current is a great comprimise between weekend toy and daily driver, albeit lacking cruise control.
Old Sep 26, 2003, 11:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Re: Back From Vegas Meeting

Originally posted by Anthony Porcaro
I just got back from the Vegas meeting. barely talked about the EVO. They mentioned no NEW EVO. The only addition will be a '04 LANCER RALLIART & '04 LANCER SPORTBACK RALLIART. The Ralliart Lancer will give more of an EVO appearance without all the horsepower. Bigger Wheels, more horsepower (than a regular Lancer, but not as much as an EVO) braking, ground effects, seating, clear tailight lenses, etc. They DID NOT mention stripping it down. It basically is an upgraded OZ. I did not see or hear anything mentioned about a stripped down RS. I went to every meeting, unless I missed it because i had too many . Seriously though, the big thing was the Ralliart addition without the $$$ of an EVO. There saying that this Ralliart will be under 20K!!
I thought the regular lancers looked enough like the Evo (from rear and side mainly). Now the Ralliart is gonna look more like the Evo? That sucks.
Old Sep 26, 2003, 11:18 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I just got back from the Vegas meeting. barely talked about the EVO. They mentioned no NEW EVO. They DID NOT mention stripping it down.
Anthony, Joe R heard some about this. Not sure where from, but he did.
Old Sep 26, 2003, 11:19 AM
Evolved Member

Yea sounds cool except for that new ugly-*** front end!!! It is hiddius mon!
Old Sep 26, 2003, 01:37 PM

The new Eclipse concept was dope... They will get a Dodge Dakota in about a year and no new Evo info... We got drunk and the rest was history... Boring meeting this year.
Old Sep 28, 2003, 09:24 AM
RaX
Evolved Member

Cool. Can you scan those pages and post 'em up?
Old Sep 29, 2003, 12:28 PM
Evolving Member

the new eclipse looks like a chrysler crossfire, but a little different because its a mitsu, with a 3.8 liter mivec engine making about 290 hp. but this is mitsu that could change at the drop of a hat. and a evo engineer told me six speed for next year.
Old Sep 29, 2003, 07:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by mitsupwr
the new eclipse looks like a chrysler crossfire, but a little different because its a mitsu, with a 3.8 liter mivec engine making about 290 hp. but this is mitsu that could change at the drop of a hat. and a evo engineer told me six speed for next year.
Man, I hope you're right regarding the 3.8l getting the MIVEC treatment. would really be doing themselves a favor.
Old Sep 29, 2003, 09:16 PM
RaX
Evolved Member

I know this Eclipse is all covered up, but it sure doesn't look like a Crossfire to me.