Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

carbon fiber doors

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2007, 11:08 PM
BBS
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 03lan-evo
ok so i had an accident with a deer and now i have a little cash to get a full set of carbon fiber doors. but my question is will putting all four doors reduce the rigidity of the car? will it be dangerous for actual driving conditions? its not a show car so i do drive it.(hence the deer accident)
So that the next time a car or deer hits you, you're insurance company will deny your claim and label it negligence. Use your brains man.
Old Sep 25, 2007, 11:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by funkamedics
well considering the evo already has a 2 star side impact rating, installing cf doors is probably something you do not want to do, esp in a daily driver. So unless you plan on turning your car into a full out race car that's caged and everything, I'd stay away from buying cf doors. Plus four cf doors are like $7800, which would be better spent on go fast goodies imo.

couldnt have said it better...its not a track car only, dont waste your money on cf doors, **** is it even payed off yet?
Old Nov 3, 2007, 12:07 AM
Evolving Member

anybody know how much weight you will save with all four doors carbon fiber?
Old Nov 3, 2007, 09:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Someone on here has cf doors all the way around.. It was a Buschur built car too. I think his screenname was 9sec9 or something. I remember in some of his old posts he said they leaked a little or something. Dunno if that was ever resolved or not.