Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Need help with seatbelt or harness set up for aftermarket bucket seats...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2007, 07:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help with seatbelt or harness set up for aftermarket bucket seats...

im about to purchase a set of bride zeta III seats. i assume that using the oem seatbelts would probably not be a good idea and have seen numerous threads on how harness bars are not safe. i dont really want to run a full cage as my car is mostly street driven and occassionally have passengers in the back seat. i definitely dont want to risk safety, so whats the best solution for this?
Old Sep 27, 2007, 07:08 AM
Evolved Member

bump!
Old Sep 27, 2007, 10:15 AM
Evolving Member

I use the reg. 1 and the stock belt holds pretty snug
Old Sep 28, 2007, 07:34 AM
Evolved Member

bump! is there any safe way to run the oem seatbelts with seats like the bride zeta III, status ring, or sparco fighter?
Old Sep 28, 2007, 07:46 AM
Account Disabled

you would likely have to fab up some sort of brackets but if they weren't safely made then the seatbelts won't do any good in the event of an accident...you know you want to cage that beast...
Old Sep 28, 2007, 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ultimate CC
you would likely have to fab up some sort of brackets but if they weren't safely made then the seatbelts won't do any good in the event of an accident...you know you want to cage that beast...
well i really dont want to lose my rear seat usage, but my other option is the autopower rollbar or worst come worse get a pair of reclinable racing seats.
Old Sep 28, 2007, 08:24 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TwStDeVo
bump! is there any safe way to run the oem seatbelts with seats like the bride zeta III, status ring, or sparco fighter?
Yup:

Mike @ Sublime fabs up some really nice seat base brackets, I'm the one who got the first set (which w/ R&D hours were expensive as hell). Check out this thread:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=179674

The latest ones he makes support sliders, and the seat belt tab is very beefy, as beefy as the Sparco bases. The nice thing about the Sublime brackets is they lower the seat which even at my 5'10" height I think is a much better seating position. Sparco bases raise the seat which is unacceptable in my book. I think in that thread I posted there's some talk of other seat bases too.

I just run the OEM through the lap belt hole on the side of the seat by the door, and over the top of the seat on the belt receptacle side for ease of engagement. It's snug across my waist, and with the relatively upright seating position in the Evo, I'm not really worried about submarining.
Old Sep 28, 2007, 08:38 AM
Evolved Member

^^^ this is what ive been wanting to see, how long does it take to get the brackets? would they work with the bride zeta III?
Old Sep 28, 2007, 12:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TwStDeVo
^^^ this is what ive been wanting to see, how long does it take to get the brackets? would they work with the bride zeta III?
Mike is pretty busy, so you'll have to call him get an ETA. He has a jig for making these, so they don't take that long to fab. I think I put the Sublime phone # in that post, but if not, here it is: 402-597-9308

The brackets should work with any side-mount seat as long as the dimensions aren't too far off from the Sparco 11.75" (IIRC) centers from one side mount to the other. I found some photos of the brackets so you can see them. If you don't have the slider/side-mount holes pre-drilled, then you can just plop the seat on the bracket where it should be, mark the holes, and drill them yourself.

The one's in the pictures have the optional 5/6-point crutch strap mounting which is the metal in the middle of the bracket.

Old Sep 3, 2012, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by WheelGap
Mike is pretty busy, so you'll have to call him get an ETA. He has a jig for making these, so they don't take that long to fab. I think I put the Sublime phone # in that post, but if not, here it is: 402-597-9308

The brackets should work with any side-mount seat as long as the dimensions aren't too far off from the Sparco 11.75" (IIRC) centers from one side mount to the other. I found some photos of the brackets so you can see them. If you don't have the slider/side-mount holes pre-drilled, then you can just plop the seat on the bracket where it should be, mark the holes, and drill them yourself.

The one's in the pictures have the optional 5/6-point crutch strap mounting which is the metal in the middle of the bracket.

Where I can buy these from?? For my 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart????

Please advice guys
Thanks
Old Sep 4, 2012, 01:50 PM

^^^ Still no one has an answer!!
Old Sep 4, 2012, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
uh 5 year old thread...

did you even try contacting the fabber? link was posted up above.
try mitsubishiparts, they have some similar to those, they just started selling it.
i personally use buddy clubs. but thats for an evo. iuno if its different for a ralliart

Here's Mike's contact information:

Sublime Speed Technology
4350 S. 90th St.
Omaha, NE 68127
mike@sublime.omhcoxmail.com
Old Sep 7, 2012, 03:49 PM

Can any one confirm if the Evo8 seat brackets fits 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart???
Old Sep 8, 2012, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by MaxRalliArt
Can any one confirm if the Evo8 seat brackets fits 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart???

Still no one can confirm yet!!??

waiting your replies....
Old Sep 8, 2012, 01:46 PM

i just googled this for you so you can stop bumping this old *** thread. Also the first google result was from here. so maybe try using the search bar next time.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/04...-04-ralli.html

read the 3rd post.

Quick Reply: Need help with seatbelt or harness set up for aftermarket bucket seats...