Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Clutch recomendation

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2007, 03:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What about Fidanza?

Are there other clutches out there with a similar-to-stock feel/softness that could hold good power?
Old Oct 1, 2007, 06:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Hibachi.
Getting my clutch replaced Wed. at Vivid and they recommend Clutch masters stage 3 over ACT (I was going to go with ACT also)because they have had customers F up their throw out bearing with the ACT.He said they see little problems with the clutch master. But that is just one mans opinion(although Vivid has a good reputation in the Valley.
The release bearing on the ACT is the same as the stock, Centerforce, RPS, Exedy twin, single and triple.............and yes Clutchmasters and the list goes on. All of the covers have one thing in common, they retain the stock pull type diaphragm which Exedy owns a patent on so if it uses the OE style pressure plate, it's going to use the stock Exedy made bearing.

The same people that would "F up" the ACT bearing would do the same with any of the clutches I just mentioned. It sounds like Vivid gets a better deal selling one brand over the other. No installer/shop in their right mind could state that (with a straight face) their is a difference in the bearing between the two.
Old Oct 1, 2007, 06:06 PM
Former Sponsor

exedy twin ftw
Old Oct 1, 2007, 06:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Exeddy makes it all anyway. I have a HDSS (Great clutch for my DD) and the disc has exeddy stamped into it
Old Oct 1, 2007, 10:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Exedy triple plate FTW
Old Oct 2, 2007, 07:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by t51splbb
The release bearing on the ACT is the same as the stock, Centerforce, RPS, Exedy twin, single and triple.............and yes Clutchmasters and the list goes on. All of the covers have one thing in common, they retain the stock pull type diaphragm which Exedy owns a patent on so if it uses the OE style pressure plate, it's going to use the stock Exedy made bearing.

The same people that would "F up" the ACT bearing would do the same with any of the clutches I just mentioned. It sounds like Vivid gets a better deal selling one brand over the other. No installer/shop in their right mind could state that (with a straight face) their is a difference in the bearing between the two.
good post.

Clutches are like women it seems - one for every man/purpose.

I haven't decided between ACT HDSS or RPS.. Exedy is teh monies.
Old Oct 2, 2007, 07:41 AM
Evolving Member

i currently have the ACT street disc in my 04 evo at first feels real stiff but when its finally broken in it feels like stock, great clutch! reall happy with it
Old Oct 2, 2007, 07:47 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bhamEVOguy
m going with ACT HDSS

Me to. I had my ACT HDSS and Gruppe-s Flywheel installed on Saturday. I pick it up this week.

STevo
Old Oct 2, 2007, 08:10 AM
Evolved Member

Do it right the first time and not have to worry about it again!

I vote Exedy twin. You got all winter to save up! If you look around hard enough you can find some really good prices on the Exedy clutches.
Old Oct 2, 2007, 08:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Say no more! Slap that **** on a C.C get a Twin Disk Cusco or Exedy. Do it right the first time it will last you more.
Old Oct 2, 2007, 08:43 AM
Evolving Member

I have the Fidanza 4.3 Ceramic, it has maybe a 10% stiffer than stock pedal pressure and it is good for over 450 awhp, it is also my daily driver. My wife has the 3.2 kevlar in her VIII after the break in period (about 350 miles) it engages close to stock and she hasn't bi**hed once about it good for about 400 awhp, they are available at Buschur through Jarrod

Originally Posted by MikSchultzy
What about Fidanza?

Are there other clutches out there with a similar-to-stock feel/softness that could hold good power?
Old Oct 2, 2007, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by BLKLIST
I have the Fidanza 4.3 Ceramic, it has maybe a 10% stiffer than stock pedal pressure and it is good for over 450 awhp, it is also my daily driver. My wife has the 3.2 kevlar in her VIII after the break in period (about 350 miles) it engages close to stock and she hasn't bi**hed once about it good for about 400 awhp, they are available at Buschur through Jarrod
yeah, yeah, good input n' all, but what I wanna know is: does your wife have any friends? I wish I had a chick who was into Evo's!
Old Oct 2, 2007, 12:04 PM
Evolving Member

lol I'll see what i can do for you

Originally Posted by igotssssoul
yeah, yeah, good input n' all, but what I wanna know is: does your wife have any friends? I wish I had a chick who was into Evo's!
Old Oct 9, 2007, 02:32 AM
Evolved Member

which exedy twin are we talking about here

the Exedy Carbon or Ceramatellic?
Old Oct 9, 2007, 02:37 AM

got about a thousand miles on my act street.....lots of ppl including me get a little clunk in the rear during hard shifts but theres a part you can buy that will eliminate it and shave like 10lbs off your car