Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Full bucket seats

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2007, 02:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Full bucket seats

Seems it's kind of hard to find threads on seat comparisons so I'm posting this.

What seats would you choose if your car see's daily driving at least some of the time if not most of the time?

I was driving on mountain roads the other day and I was constantly thrown on to the door on left turns (RHD here) and trying to push on to passenger seats while turning right.

I'm sure stock folding Recaro's do perfectly fine, but here in Hong Kong, the RS don't come with them, so I need to shop for seats. Might as well get one that is the best fit for me.

I'm looking for one that has really good grip, is really really light and safe. I don't race, just have some spirited driving in the weekends, and might visit track once or twice a year in Zhuhai. There is no such thing as 'long road trip' in Hong Kong, so comfort is not really a big issue. I will get harness and sparco bar to maximize the use. Also cost is not a big issue although less is always better (I'm not rich, but a determined saver) as long as I get something I won't regret. I just need one seat.

Since it is to be used for daily driving, I don't want ones with head surrounds like Sparco Circuit, or Recaro Pro Racer HANS.

The list I made so far:
Recaro Profi SPA
Sparco S Light CF
Sparco Corsa
Sparco Evo CF

I'm just unsure on weights, if CF are worth or not. I'm pretty sure and hopefully I won't get into an accident where seat would be the life-saving factor (hard rear-end, fire, etc) Three of the four seats listed above are CF and are very very expensive (2-3kish). If they weigh about the same, I might as well just go Corsa.

From what I've heard, the CF-Kevlar ones weigh about 10lbs without installation parts (rails, bolts etc), and non-CF Sparco Evo is around high 20's, like 27. I'm sure Corsa won't be lighter.

Any other choices? Bride seems overrated, but if I were to get one, I'd probably get Zeta III. I'd love to support well-made, no-name ones, but no-name ones in Hong Kong are just too shady. I don't want into get into headache of fitment issues, parts breaking, finding out defects after purchase etc. Nor do I want jagged piece from the seat impale me in an extreme situation.

Please give some suggestions, thanks.
Old Oct 7, 2007, 12:33 PM
Evolving Member

Bride Ergo II are nice.

They recline to so it's not like a hardcore bucket seat that is uncomfortable as sh*t.
Old Oct 7, 2007, 12:59 PM

go with a recaro pole position and bride hardware, they are very comfortable and hold you in without being over aggressive. you will love it !
Old Oct 7, 2007, 06:28 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks. Are they light? I might as well do maximum weight reduction for seats while at it since they cost so much. The base Lancer seats I have seem quite light, I don't want to add extra weight.