Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Automoble Magazine article this month

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2002, 09:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The G35 is also my back up plan, however the RX-8 is also up for consideration. I love G35 and RX-8 but I don't think I would have near as much fun with these cars as I would with the EVO. I am glad I have a deposit down so I wont have to worry about dealer mark up.

I looked at a G35 this afternoon. It was silver with a fantastic leather interior and sunroof option priced just over $30k. Seemed like a very reasonable price. much cheaper than a IS300 with way more power.
Old Apr 3, 2002, 11:38 AM
Evolving Member

Haven't seen this mag yet but heres what someone posted in a different forum:

"I just got the latest Automobile mag. and it gives some details about some 2004 cars. The v6 mustang is getting replaced by a twin cam 6 with 215hp and the gt is going to be a 5.0 v8. In 2004 the skyline gtr will be in the states. Its a 4.0 v8. The Evo VIII will be here in 2004 also."

Is this true?

In the article are they comparing the US Sti and US Evo? Or the Euro models?
Old Apr 4, 2002, 12:19 AM
Evolving Member

I just picked up the Automobile mag and it claims the EVOVIII will be out in Japan late 2003 with 6 speed, bigger fuel tank, and wider seats. The article also mentioned the EVI VII GSR price as $37,900 (base) estimated? but the article had the STI at $30,700(base) estimated. I don't get this estimation at all since the STI cost thousands more than an EVO in its home market.

There is a small article about the skyline GT-R for the global market coming with a V-8 in 2004 to the U.S.

There is also an article about the mustang with a 5.0 V-8 and 215hp v-6 looks like an old mach 1 from the artist rendering.
Old Apr 4, 2002, 12:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by 1stinline
I just picked up the Automobile mag and it claims the EVOVIII will be out in Japan late 2003 with 6 speed, bigger fuel tank, and wider seats. The article also mentioned the EVI VII GSR price as $37,900 (base) estimated? but the article had the STI at $30,700(base) estimated. I don't get this estimation at all since the STI cost thousands more than an EVO in its home market.

There is a small article about the skyline GT-R for the global market coming with a V-8 in 2004 to the U.S.

There is also an article about the mustang with a 5.0 V-8 and 215hp v-6 looks like an old mach 1 from the artist rendering.
Where's the BS flag when you need it?

I'm going to re-state what Rax said and please take it seriously this time. At the time when Mitsu. officially announced the Evo's arrival in the states they said that it WOULD BE UNDER $30k MSRP....this is from an official Mitsu press release.....believe it guys and glas. It will be under $30,000 MSRP.

Hooby
Old Apr 4, 2002, 01:11 AM

EVO VII in US Pricing

Guys,
Why is it the guys that wouldnt pay 37,000 for an car with absolutely supercar performance dont ever post what they drive? In UK the price of a EVII is 29,000 British pounds, Spain is 39,000 USD, Belgium, Germany and France are similiar as well.
I recently returned from the WRC in Spain and then drove to France. I then traveled to Belgium,Luxemboug and then testing at the Nuringburg ring with E6 vs E7, they were the only EVOs at the track. I could count the number of EVOs I saw on one hand except the cars being prepaired at Ralliart family members facilities.
The EVO is not for everyone and both the pricing and performance put it above both most people's budjet and ability worldwide. I personally hope the pricing for the car remains as it is. The exclusitivity of the car will remain and there will be alot less fatalities of kids that should have saved for a new crome tipped exaust instead of complaining they thought the EVO was overpriced. Please dont buy one, save the money for a new boombox to mount in your easily financed 24,000USD Subaru. Those of you that actually own one or have driven one understand.
Those of you that understand what this car is would think 37,000 is a deal if you got a chance to drive and then own one.If MMS listens to the most verbal of their exspected buyers on this list we will get a "USA" spec car complete with 19in wheels,drum brakes, lowered body, no 4WD, no Active Center Differential, no AYC, 130hp motor and a crowd pleasing 20,000USD price tag. I love that about the internet anyone can complain about an overpriced product they have no means or intention to purchase on a high school library computer in between gym class. I think we should take a poll and see how many of the EVOs pricing complainers have graduated from high school yet. Anyone agree?
Boy, I bet that will get them typing as soon as the bus brings them home.
Old Apr 4, 2002, 01:43 AM
Evolving Member

"If MMS listens to the most verbal of their exspected buyers on this list we will get a "USA" spec car complete with 19in wheels,drum brakes, lowered body, no 4WD, no Active Center Differential, no AYC, 130hp motor and a crowd pleasing 20,000USD price tag."

Wrong! I want my cake and eat it too. I don't want to pay $37000 for a car that has manufacturer retail price under $30,000. EVOVII in Japan has pricing set at aroung $25000 USD(Automobile, APR 2001). Who gives a **** what it cost in Spain? I don't live there, I'm a spoiled American who wants a *****in car at a *****in price. A little compromise is fine with me but I don't want to see the car get watered down any more than necessary to make U.S. specs.

Like you, I would like to see the EVO come over here in limited numbers to make it a rare site. <= 4000 Evo's per year would be cool and then the dealers could weed out the buyers by dealer mark ups, which looks like may happen anyway.
Old Apr 4, 2002, 02:10 AM
Evolved Member

Alright....I'm sick of this....I'm giving you guys one more warning/hint.

The $37,000 is a direct $ conversion from the Euro-Spec version.

It WILL BE under $30k MSRP. End of story.

If you guys continue to bicker over whether it'll be $37,000 or not....I'll jst close the thread. This is ridiculous....you guys trust a magazine over Mitsu. direct.

Hooby
Old Apr 4, 2002, 02:15 AM
Evolving Member

Somebody close the thread asap. We have factual information from Mitsubishi on the price of the US Evo. Mitsubishi is the one selling the damn car....not Automobile Mag
Old Apr 4, 2002, 02:17 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks Hoobey! I beleive you. I trust that Mitsubishi will deliver on its announcement. I was just quoting what the mag said.

Regards,
EJ
Old Apr 4, 2002, 02:47 AM
Evolved Member

10-4 good buddy
Old Apr 4, 2002, 05:27 AM
RaX
Evolved Member

Automobile Mag

I would just like to say that Automobile is a very good magazine compared to other crap out there, specifically Motortrend, Car & Driver, and Sport Compact car. They first ran an article back in April 2001 saying that the Evo VII would make it to the US, long before we saw the success of the WRX.

Also as Hooby said, $37K is just a direct conversion from pounds (or Euros, what's the difference ) to US dollars and nothing more.

Thats all.