Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Mitsubishi Survey???

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2003, 05:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by limey
I can't understand why you all want a six speed?....no one has said they wanted a front LSD?......I bet you all asked for more cup holders also....jeez!!!
Well since the phone call was 8 MINUTES LONG I didn't really put everything I talked to the lady about in my brief comments. I most certainly didn't ask for anything unnecessary. I wanted all of the JDM features because if Mitsubishi has already engineered them, why shouldn't we have them? Make 2 specs of Evo with the USDM one like the RS and the JDM-spec our GSR.

As for the comments about a 6-speed, yes I have driven a 6-speed in my S2000. As for complaints about shifting, I shifted a heck of a lot more in that car and I wasn't complaining. The 6th gear would be really nice to have as an overdrive for freeway fuel economy. Buzzing along the freeway at 80 at 4,000 rpms gets a little tiresome. Dropping it into 6th and knocking the revs back to 2500 (and probably gaining 2-5 mpg) would be a lot nicer... Plus that 6-speed has a cool ring-lift lockout for reverse!
Old Jul 11, 2003, 05:44 AM

i don't mind having this us spec evolution...even if something better is coming...if it comes, i'll get it when it gets here...and in the meantime, i got a first run tarmac black evolution to drive around...hehe...i don't mind waiting for some of the cool JDM specs to make their way to the US...i'm sure it'll be at least a couple years before they get here tho...i mean, they JUST got the evolution here period...i don't see them adding to it real big in the near future...we shall see tho...
Old Jul 11, 2003, 07:50 AM
gtr
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey, does the survey asks about the paint? I would like to trade the AYC or 6-speed for better paint
Old Jul 11, 2003, 08:02 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by gtr
Hey, does the survey asks about the paint? I would like to trade the AYC or 6-speed for better paint
Yes... they ask about the paint. I gave them a low score on that.

I also laughed when the lady asked me about ACD, AYC and front LSD. I was like... umm, I don't think I have those on my car!

They even ask you how do you like the design on the Evo. Everything from the outside to inside of the Evo, they ask everything.

And at the end, she asked me I have anything in particular that needs to be change, and I said those damn tailights. And she just laughed. LoL!
Old Jul 11, 2003, 08:33 AM
Evolving Member

I could care less about the 04 model,how about fixing our 03's. we have a weak clutch and weak trannys.
Old Jul 11, 2003, 09:57 AM
gtr
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by 3deep
I could care less about the 04 model,how about fixing our 03's. we have a weak clutch and weak trannys.
Are you sure we have a weak tranny. Seems pretty strong so far. I'm thinking it's more defective than weak.
Old Jul 11, 2003, 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Chris in HB

Well since the phone call was 8 MINUTES LONG I didn't really put everything I talked to the lady about in my brief comments. I most certainly didn't ask for anything unnecessary. I wanted all of the JDM features because if Mitsubishi has already engineered them, why shouldn't we have them? Make 2 specs of Evo with the USDM one like the RS and the JDM-spec our GSR.

As for the comments about a 6-speed, yes I have driven a 6-speed in my S2000. As for complaints about shifting, I shifted a heck of a lot more in that car and I wasn't complaining. The 6th gear would be really nice to have as an overdrive for freeway fuel economy. Buzzing along the freeway at 80 at 4,000 rpms gets a little tiresome. Dropping it into 6th and knocking the revs back to 2500 (and probably gaining 2-5 mpg) would be a lot nicer... Plus that 6-speed has a cool ring-lift lockout for reverse!
I am doing 85 at 3500...do you need to pump your tires up?
Old Jul 11, 2003, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Good one limey.
My question is why does he need the cool ring lift lock for reverse.
The car has a reverse lock out already. Not to mention what are you doing hitting reverse at speed. j/k