Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Super Duper JDM Shop

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2007, 01:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Super Duper JDM Shop

Between the east and west coast, the car scenes are two total different levels of tuning. What it looks like to me is the west coast take's the import scene seriously and everyone pays big bucks for big parts. As for the east, we are slowly progressing but i still see posers left and right. So im wondering, would people on the east coast be willing to pay top dollar for top parts? I hope this gives no offense to anybody, from the big ballers to the bang for the buck tuners. We are all tuners and cars are cars. The reason for this thread is a friend of mine from the west is contemplating on opening a shop on the east coast. He already owns a shop in the west, called High End Performance. They carry high brand japanese parts that are usually hard for the average tuner to get a hold of. They carry the parts in shop 24/7, and they have the cars to show it. Heres some of their machines.... I want to get some feedback as tuners, from both sides. Whether you buy parts for the name, and r& d and craftsmanship or if your just a bang for your buck as long as it gets the job done type of tuner.
Is this something the East Coast market would support, especially if they gave back to the community by throwing events and supporting the industry; i.e. helping setup and organize drift events, be involved with redline and gtlive with thier time attack events, hold shows etc....

Here is the shop facility on the west coast:

So my question is, would you guys like a shop like this? Capable of building cars like that on the east coast?

I would gladly appreciate opinions on this, were still in the works of going in with this...Thnx

-Mark
Old Oct 14, 2007, 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

if by east coast you mean NY-NJ-CT area, then yes lol
Old Oct 14, 2007, 01:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lol no, he should start one in chicago..lol
Old Oct 14, 2007, 01:31 PM

Base it in NJ by all 4 major tracks...

E-Town
Wall Stadium
Atco
and the New NJ Motorsports park

But have accessibility for NY,CT,Philly, NJ.

Also be able to drop ship anything from CT all the way down to FL if necessary.

I know the East Coast lacks something of this nature. And I dont know about you but have you ever broken something as simple as a stud or lug nut while running at e town the nearest location for any type of replacement is almost 45 minutes- 1 hour away (pepboys in howell).

I want to see how much interest there is, if a shop were to open up, that was competitively priced would the tuners help support their own by going to a shop like this on the east coast.

-Mark

Thanks for your opinions!
Old Oct 14, 2007, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

To answer your question, there certainly is a market on the east coast. I have to disagree that the west coast is so far ahead. I think that may have been true ten years ago but there are tons of hot "JDM style" cars rolling around the east coast. At least the mid-Atlantic region. That is really all I can speak of from experience.
Old Oct 14, 2007, 01:33 PM
Evolving Member

i think its also cause all the ports are on the west coast, and shipping this to east coast just adds more to the cost??
Old Oct 14, 2007, 01:40 PM
Evolved Member

if we can get the same parts for a better price on the East then i dont see why not. I look for quality parts, not just the cheapest. I would rather pay a little more money for ARC over TurboXS and etc....But when you say top dollar, I hope you dont mean that you can jack up the price because its on the East and so forth.

I think it would be good for the East because of faster delivery times and maybe a competetive price as the West Coast, if not, then I can just wait the longer times from the West. There is also an access from Florida in Jacksonville.
Old Oct 14, 2007, 01:54 PM

Top Dollar meaning quality parts. Pricing would absolutly be as competitve as possible. Being in the industry and building cars we all know as tuners, we still shop around. Whether its internet or shops we all try and save money.

The goal here is to see if the East coast has any interest in anything that would help the tuners on the East.

parts may make some money for a shop but we all know its labor that keeps it running.

-Mark
Old Oct 14, 2007, 02:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jax419
Lol no, he should start one in chicago..lol
YES. Bring it to Chicago
Old Oct 14, 2007, 02:28 PM

Bring it to Florida!
Old Oct 16, 2007, 11:30 AM

Nj!!!!!!

Bring it to NJ that would be sweet!!!!!!!! Definatley dish out more money to a reputable company like ARC plus when seen in person compared to internet more likely to purchase hands on and visuals makes the wallet open up alot easier.

Last edited by MagnumP_I; Oct 16, 2007 at 11:34 AM.
Old Oct 16, 2007, 11:34 AM
Evolving Member

Jersey FTW! I'd love to have a shop like that around here. Jersey, so its close to Philly, NYC, and of course the huge Jersey tuner community. Plus you have great tuners like Sean Ivey and Turbotrix right down the street.
Old Oct 16, 2007, 11:39 AM
Evolving Member

Where is his west coast Shop Im in Cali and want to visit!!!
Old Oct 16, 2007, 11:49 AM
Evolved Member

I vote for opening one in fl.

As for top dollar, people on the evo forums already pay top dollar for high end products.. but you gotta look at it like having competitive pricing for the same parts. We all have access to these parts (regardless of wether we have to wait for shipping or not) it all depends on how you want to handle pricing. If I could walk into your shop and get a part for the same price minus shipping from another shop, id deff get it from you, but when it comes to waiting 2 months for a part thats cheaper, most ppl would just wait. or atleast i would.

competative prcing ftw
Old Oct 16, 2007, 12:14 PM
Evolved Member

I wouldnt waste my money on overpriced jdm parts, nor do I take my car to shops...so im one east coast guy that says keep the "jdm stylin yo" on the west coast if thats where its all at

If the cars are so bad on the west coast why isnt anyone trying to beat ams or buschur? or Shep for that matter

Just wondering?

Quick Reply: Super Duper JDM Shop