Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Is The Stock Muffler Illegal?????

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2007, 12:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Oki Panoki
I agree that cops are a waste of tax money. The cops in my area that ride motorcycles just ride up the side of the road at red lights to make right turns and hardly protect the peace. All they do is patrol for speeders, and everyone knows that if u drive a car like an evo ur gonna b a target, sadly. But there is no way ur gonna get fined, and every court case sets a precident which will make the cops in your area be more cautious about these such misjudgments.
Yea they are a waste.... because generally speeding causes accidents... especially with people who are unsafe/unskilled drivers.... Im not saying that speeding is always the cause of an accident... but 85% of the time it had a part in why things happen..... And trust me.... no court case is going to make that police officer use different judgement.. some just have nothing better to do... and really he could prolly care less that he has to go to court if someone fights this.... even if he loses he gets paid.... so either way he wins... Cops do this Cops do that.... seriously... your ignorant man... grow up.
Old Oct 19, 2007, 12:04 AM
Evolved Member

this is some amazing ****.

i have heard of Evo owners who got pulled over 10 minutes after they bought the car off the dealer lot, so they dragged the cop back to the dealership and needless to say the cop got owned.

the stock exhaust tip is big, and cops dont like that.
Old Oct 19, 2007, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
Listen to me:

Step one.

Call internal affairs and make a complaint on that officcer, give them the bagde number.

Step two.

Wait at home to receive a sorry/crying like a baby phone call from the offficer or his superior.

You can get that officer into a lot of trouble. That is harrasment with capital letters. He is inacapable of performing his duties, failure to properly assest your car.

Go for it, don't be scare, we need to remove the garbage harrasing officers from the roads.

Carlos
explain to me why this is harassment? i wish to god i pulled you over one day.... lol CALL IAB please.... they would probably laugh at you... harassment!! lol you can not make a complaint on someone citing you for breaking the law.... regardless if it was 1 mph over or not... its the law... and as for the exhaust... well he obviously did not know... and guess what.... that is what court is for.... your seriously the type of person that cops like to pile on tickets to because your probably a D***... have a nice day and drive safe sir.
Old Oct 19, 2007, 12:20 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ambystom01
Lol at this thread. Some people here have serious issues when it comes to police. News flash guys, they're not the boogey man, most are normal people just trying to do their jobs. You can't honestly expect them to know the exhaust diameter of every car out there. The first time I saw an evo in person I was shocked at the size of the muffler, it looks like an aftermarket can. The cop in this case thought it was, and gave you a ticket, big woop. You can get is dismissed easily. He's not profiling, he's following statistics and doing his job. All those people complaining about profiling are hypocrites, you are assuming that because he is a cop, he's a jackass, racist, etc..
When the cops don't know (which is a lot of the time, considering the IQ criterion (or lack thereof) in their hiring procedure), the benefit of the doubt should go to the driver. This is NOT a life and death matter, and the driver wasn't even speeding! Why are you so insistent on being an apologist for abusive cops?!

Remember : the driver, *who has done absolutely NOTHING wrong*, has to lose time/money/sleep to make a court date and participate in the waste of taxpayer money. Of course, the city is cynical about this "waste" because considering that they hit the jackpot maybe 5% of the time jackass cops cite someone for something, they still end up making money to fill their coffers.

Last edited by Turb0flat4; Oct 19, 2007 at 12:24 AM.
Old Oct 19, 2007, 12:31 AM
Admin Alumni

This crap has gone on long enough. The stock muffler is 50 state legal. Whatever peoples issues are with law enforcement is not for this thread. End/////