Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Street Tuner Challenge Season 3

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2007, 08:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by feldguy
You know? Every car I have ever read about Skunk 2 building, has blown up.

Let me correct that, every Honda they've built has blown up, with the exception being the FIT they built for the TV show last time, but that was turbocharged.

I hope they didn't can that 4g63....it would really, really be bad for them.
LOL, ummm you need to do a bit of research son....Skunk2 has set most of the records in the NA Honda world (both drag and road course)...The Evo is super fast and super solid...
Old Nov 2, 2007, 10:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where can I get one of those PWR radiators that they got on that evo? That one has the top radiator hose on the opposite side of the filler cap, far from the exhaust manifold, where the stock airfilter inlet goes! I need one of those!
Old Nov 2, 2007, 11:34 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by wspy
Where can I get one of those PWR radiators that they got on that evo? That one has the top radiator hose on the opposite side of the filler cap, far from the exhaust manifold, where the stock airfilter inlet goes! I need one of those!
Thats an EVO V radiator that PWR makes. I don't believe its on their website yet so you'll have to call up and ask for it specifically.

this car, to say the least, is an animal.

Alfred
Old Nov 2, 2007, 12:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gmsii
the boss said that the producers ok'd pictures to drum up interest in the show, just can not share results
gmsii

Let see some pics of the turbo setup... I was checking out PeakBoost's products, and I would like to see how it looks on the EVO.
Old Nov 6, 2007, 05:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by cij911
LOL, ummm you need to do a bit of research son....Skunk2 has set most of the records in the NA Honda world (both drag and road course)...The Evo is super fast and super solid...
I remember tony shagday rule the all motor class back in the day! Skunk2 rules
Old Nov 7, 2007, 11:56 AM

i saw the finished product at sema, All the cars are sick but the EVO is the best of course.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 08:29 PM
Account Disabled

thats our car!!!
Old Nov 24, 2007, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cij911
Sure thing, son. I've read about more Honda's being blown up by Skunk 2 than I've read about not, son.

Doesn't mean they didn't set records or can't build a solid car...they've just blown a lot of stuff up....I guess pushing the limit so hard has its downfalls....son.

It just seems that Im always reading about one time or another where a Honda got its corked popped. If they did that to the Evo...I'd $hit.
Old Nov 24, 2007, 08:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Charles worked on my probe gt back in the day when he use to work for pit crew in San Gabriel CA,,,,/
Old Nov 24, 2007, 08:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by feldguy
Sure thing, son. I've read about more Honda's being blown up by Skunk 2 than I've read about not, son.

Doesn't mean they didn't set records or can't build a solid car...they've just blown a lot of stuff up....I guess pushing the limit so hard has its downfalls....son.

It just seems that Im always reading about one time or another where a Honda got its corked popped. If they did that to the Evo...I'd $hit.
...do you think AMS or Buschur have popped a motor or two? of course they have, its all part of the sport. If you aren't breaking something you're doing it wrong. lol
Old Nov 24, 2007, 09:06 PM
Evolved Member

IXmr, of course. I find it more amusing that I have a half dozen magazines that all contain sentences that have the words "Skunk2----Honda-----Blew Up" in the same sentence.

Once again, not a dig on the guys. Before I knew their extended record, it seemed they were pretty good at blowing stuff up.
Old Nov 24, 2007, 10:14 PM
Evolved Member

why are those 3 cars being compared? Not even in the same class.
Old Nov 24, 2007, 10:50 PM
Evolving Member

sweet!
my GG IX was the one on street tuner challenge
my friend peter at norco sold it to me
on just a flash, catback, and air filter by them it dynoed a little over 260.
Old Nov 24, 2007, 11:53 PM
Evolved Member

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dbwilld...27655965/show/

I found this link to a bunch of pics of all three cars. They killed that poor MINI visually, but asside from looks I think it will perform very well. I traded my 06 Cooper S in for the EVO & can say that they drive & handle great. Mine only had 190whp & I'd guess this one will have about 400whp with a BMW inspired (upgraded) suspension. I think the EVO has this one, but I think you guys may be underestimating the MINI. I've never driven a Ford that Didn't handle like a bowl of jello, so I doubt the Focus has a chance even if it has tons of power.
Old Nov 25, 2007, 02:26 AM
Account Disabled

seriously a mini cooper and focus is no where near the same class as an evo. thats like that time they had the cobalt and skyline : )

Quick Reply: Street Tuner Challenge Season 3