Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Street Tuner Challenge Season 3

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2008, 07:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
focus won. evo 2nd. the guy who was doing the stopping challenge for the evo shoulda hit the brakes maybe coulda won
Old Jan 31, 2008, 06:04 AM
Evolved Member

Given the scope of the competition, the Focus deservedly won.

My $.02 on the Evo build:
- Should have never brought an RS ... no ABS (duh)
- What's with the ghetto flat black and riced-out stickers?
- Interior build ... what interior build? My Evo's interior looks better, and I'm no professional builder...
- Engine build ... not so impressive. Maybe they should have let Tuning Technologies handle the engine build along with the tuning.

Overall a very disappointing Evo build.

l8r)
Old Jan 31, 2008, 06:35 AM
Evolving Member

what turbo was that Evo running? I still say the Evo should have won, but I'm a little biased
Old Jan 31, 2008, 06:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RallyRedMR
F*** Those Put*s- The Ford Focus won. Street Tuner Challenge is dead to me.

+1 thats exactly wat i said when they said the focus won......
Old Jan 31, 2008, 07:20 AM
Evolving Member

Im amazed i thought they were never going to air the last episode. I gave up on watching like a month ago.......
i was expecting a higher number from skunk on the evo ......... i rember them saying something that they made over 600 on another dyno..idk..

no doubt that it was a fast car.....would have at least painted it somthing. BBY perhaps......

Later
DJ
Old Jan 31, 2008, 07:31 AM
Evolved Member

why would they even put an evo in a competion with a mini and a focus? That show is really dumb. That focus sucked it shouldnt have won.
Old Jan 31, 2008, 08:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ludikraut
Given the scope of the competition, the Focus deservedly won.

My $.02 on the Evo build:
- Should have never brought an RS ... no ABS (duh)
- What's with the ghetto flat black and riced-out stickers?
- Interior build ... what interior build? My Evo's interior looks better, and I'm no professional builder...
- Engine build ... not so impressive. Maybe they should have let Tuning Technologies handle the engine build along with the tuning.

Overall a very disappointing Evo build.

l8r)
+1

This show really sucked. It's called Street Tuner Challange not "Show Car Build", or "Track Prepped Car". The only real street car was the Focus. That mini was total garbage. Would anyone actually drive that on the street?! Same with the EVO. Lose the stickers and yellow headlights. And what's with the % testing? IMHO they should have chosen cars much more evenly matched from the start. If it weren't for the % points the EVO would have surely dominated. And for god sakes get a car with ABS and have an evo tuner build the car instead of a Honda builder! I think AMS could have tore that car a new hole! I'm just venting now. That show really pissed me off...
Old Jan 31, 2008, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

^ I didn't mind the % comparison. That's what makes the competition fair, IMO, and allows them to run vastly different cars against each other. 301% improvement in power on the Focus was pretty damned impressive, even though it resulted in an almost untrackable car. The torque steer must have been insane.

BTW - nice avatar. Hikaru Ichijo ... Macross ... FTW.

l8r)
Old Feb 1, 2008, 07:24 AM
Evolved Member

What was the % increase they got on the headwork? Intake and exhaust. Hopefully skunk can answer.
Old Feb 6, 2008, 08:00 PM
Evolving Member

Have you seen the new season..... a Skyline, Cavalire, and a Jetta WTF kinda combination is that>>>>>>>LOL
later
DJ
Old Feb 6, 2008, 08:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Redlimit835
Have you seen the new season..... a Skyline, Cavalire, and a Jetta WTF kinda combination is that>>>>>>>LOL
later
DJ
I remember that one. But, I never saw the challenge episode. How did that one turn out?
Old Feb 7, 2008, 05:06 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Kc2Buk
I remember that one. But, I never saw the challenge episode. How did that one turn out?
Idk i just caught the end of an episode.......
Old Feb 7, 2008, 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Evo turned a tad under a 1:25 at Willows (big track) on DOT street tires....That is crazy fast....The car will easily be in the sub 1:22 range in race trim....Nigel Mansel did 1:19:XX in a Formula 1 at Willows and GT3's generally turn 1:25 - 1:30 (on slicks)...So, I have to say the car is in great company .....
Old Feb 7, 2008, 07:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by cij911
The Evo turned a tad under a 1:25 at Willows (big track) on DOT street tires....That is crazy fast....The car will easily be in the sub 1:22 range in race trim....Nigel Mansel did 1:19:XX in a Formula 1 at Willows and GT3's generally turn 1:25 - 1:30 (on slicks)...So, I have to say the car is in great company .....
Thanks

Especially when the car had absolutely no development time to work on setup, not too shabby...
Old Feb 7, 2008, 08:03 PM
Evolving Member

What the 2 above said. I have rode with a couple of drivers doing 1.30's on big Willow and that seemed DAMNED fast to me.

A 1.25 is incredible make no mistake about it that is getting up on the wheel for sure. Damned few on this board could do anything close to that on the big track I'm willing to bet. Before the flame I'm sure there are some but it would be the exception not the rule.

Quick Reply: Street Tuner Challenge Season 3