Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Need Some Advice on 05 GG MR

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2007, 12:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Some Advice on 05 GG MR

Here' the deal. Not this weekend but next weekend my wife and I are going to St. Louis and she is buying a car down there. I might have the opportunity to buy a SRT8 300C for about a 1/3 off the sticker if the owner lets us buy two vehicles........owner is giving some kind of deal to troopers. I have a 05 GG MR that has 8,700 miles on it and is pretty much stock. It has a Taipan XP exhaust, injen intake and Tial BOV. We should find out today or tomorrow if she will let us buy two, so I was wondering should I trade it in or hold out and try to get as much as possible out of it. If I don't hold out I would have a little over a week to find a buyer if I don't trade it in. I still have all the stock parts. Would it be worth it to return it to stock?? Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Old Oct 18, 2007, 12:29 PM
Evolving Member

So are you trying trade in the EVO for the SRT or are you asking what you should do with the EVO? Are you going to finance the SRT and are you currently financing the EVO as well?

Jerry
Old Oct 18, 2007, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Full Function
So are you trying trade in the EVO for the SRT or are you asking what you should do with the EVO? Are you going to finance the SRT and are you currently financing the EVO as well?

Jerry
Yes I will finance the SRT8 I owe about 16,000 on the evo. I was thinking about trading the evo, but don't know if they will give me what its worth. The SRT8 will be about $29,000. Not sure what to do.
Old Oct 18, 2007, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I would say it sounds like your gonna have to trade it in. Your only going to give yourself a week to sell it on your own if I understand you correctly? That simply isn't enough time...

Also, yes I would return it to stock. Then sell the parts on here or Ebay.
Old Oct 18, 2007, 12:42 PM

What would be a reasonbale offer from the dealer??? If they will let me come back instead of buying both at the same time, I'll probably do that.
Old Oct 18, 2007, 12:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Yeah, a week isn't long enough. I'm guessing you really want the SRT8? 29k is 1/3 off sticker for those things? Almost got a SRT8 Charger a year ago for $41 out the door here in Texas but guess the 300 is more luxury. A "reasonable offer" would probably be in the low 20s but I'm not a dealer either. Low miles, stock condition, good resale...good luck!
Old Oct 18, 2007, 12:48 PM
Evolved Member

You're asking a bunch of Evo guys if you should trade your Evo for a 4100-plus pound Chrysler? Please decide on your own and don't sicken us with this thought.
Old Oct 18, 2007, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by EVO X Owner-2-B
You're asking a bunch of Evo guys if you should trade your Evo for a 4100-plus pound Chrysler? Please decide on your own and don't sicken us with this thought.

I know......I know, I don't want to but I just had a kid and my wife can't drive a stick. Her car broke down the other day and she was screwed. Its definitely not a want to thing stallion. I love my evo.....I just have to get something else until the X comes out.
Old Oct 18, 2007, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

Stock cars are worth more than modded ones. I would expect to be shocked by the super low trade offer from the dealer. I suggest to wait a few months for the X to avoid two hits from two trade-ins.

Last edited by EVO X Owner-2-B; Oct 18, 2007 at 12:55 PM.
Old Oct 18, 2007, 01:12 PM

my story....I had a wrx (stage 4) and wanted something more lux. so I went with the 300c (wanted a srt8 but could not afford, if I could have got it for 29k I would have jumped on it in a sec). I loved the car BUT missed the precise driving of an all wheel drive of an import so I lowered the 300 with a Hotchkis stage 1. It was better than stock but no wrx/evo. After a year I traded it in for an evo, (if you trade in you get a tax credit that helps, you only pay tax on the diff. of trade in value) ex. trade 20k purchase 29k pay tax on 9k. Drove off the lot w/ a smile on my face, after about 2wks of commute I started to miss the 300, when pass. get in the evo they complain of the crampedness (word?) again I missed the 300. By the way I am a big guy, 6'2" 290. They don't make evo's for big guys but I wanted one so bad. I guess If I could do it again I would do a 300 srt8. Before anyone starts to hate this is just my opinion. Lets be real I can't trade it for a srt8 w/out taking a big loss so I will stick it out. I still LOVE every aspect of the evo except for the comfort value.
Old Oct 18, 2007, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

keep ure evo and rather than paying the trade in diff buy a civic or something for ure wife. U can find a lot of family cars for about 13- 17k pretty well equiped. Dont sell ure evo.