Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Pealing Brakes, faded rear wing, good luck with warranty?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2007, 08:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 596736
This is lame. Why can't they honor the most simplest things?

'Nuff said.

I am surprised with all the peeling wings though. Mine never had problems and I live in Salt Lake City... Keyword salt.

Calipers I was glad to have faded, means I used the car.
Old Oct 19, 2007, 09:32 PM

My dealership replaced the wing twice and the calipers once with no problems. Yours should too.
Old Oct 19, 2007, 09:33 PM

Sorry I'm a bit new to the evo scene. Is there any truth to the rumors of evo warrantees being revoked because they found records of track day participation online?
Old Oct 19, 2007, 09:37 PM

I had both the wing and the front calipers replaced under warranty without having to fight for it. Went in so the service manager could look at them and within a week or two both were replaced
Old Oct 19, 2007, 09:43 PM
Evolving Member

It is so funny how many complain that the new x could have a msrp closer to 40k the price should be 45 because the brembo brakes fade. They are not even made by Mitsubishi there made by Brembo who makes brakes for many manufactures. I could not agree more with mitsu for not putting new brakes on your car because the paint faded. Just silly and then people brag about how the new brakes cost mitsu 5k.
Old Oct 19, 2007, 11:05 PM
Evolving Member

I think mitsu should have used a better clear coat for the wing so they would not have the problem of peeling. I had mine garage kept for 1 out of the two years i had my car and its starting to go now. I talked to the mitsu rep about replacing it and he said he cant replace it til its is physically peeling off. Then he said "i guarantee within the next few months it will peel" . Why the hell do i have to wait when he knows its gonna do it. Mitsu reps....No comment.
Old Jul 24, 2009, 07:29 AM

my evo 8 wing is peeling on the carbon fiber. does anyone know what clear coat paint i should use for it? Or would it be worth it to just buy a new full CF wing??
Old Jul 24, 2009, 07:40 AM
Evolved Member

my wing got replaced under warranty a year ago. So far it still looks very good.
Old Jul 24, 2009, 07:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by saywhen
It is so funny how many complain that the new x could have a msrp closer to 40k the price should be 45 because the brembo brakes fade. They are not even made by Mitsubishi there made by Brembo who makes brakes for many manufactures. I could not agree more with mitsu for not putting new brakes on your car because the paint faded. Just silly and then people brag about how the new brakes cost mitsu 5k.
ah but for the lack of customer service most of us have gotten after buying the mitsu flag ship car + the price of the car they should want them to look as nice as possiable and replace those things so when people ask about my experience with mitsu i tell them about the great service i have had, and general great experiences. word of mouth advertising is awesome. they should look at subaru and the way they treat there STi owners, they know some people beat the holy living crap out of there cars but they treat every warrenty request on a case by case basis, not voiding the warenty case you wernt the first owner, "evidence of racing it" etc.
Old Jul 24, 2009, 12:03 PM
Evolving Member

my wing and calipers still look brand new
Old Jul 24, 2009, 12:14 PM
Evolved Member

dead thread comes back alive painting the calipers tomorrow when i do a full break change, can't wait to not have them faded anymore
Old Jul 24, 2009, 07:52 PM

This warranty thing sucks when thinking abut getting an evo
Old Jul 24, 2009, 08:25 PM
Evolving Member

that's interesting.. i had my wing replaced as well as ALL four calipers when only the front two brembos were just faded.. this was done under my 60k bumper-bumper.
Old Jul 24, 2009, 08:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just got my 3 Brembos replaced last week. Took about a week from taking pictures until they received them. No hassle. The mitsubishi tech was the one that told them to get them replaced.
Old Jul 25, 2009, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

do you guys think I could have mine replaced? My car is modded and I think the warranty is over. It's a 2004 with 49k on the clock...

Quick Reply: Pealing Brakes, faded rear wing, good luck with warranty?