Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

TTP 3" downpipe

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2007, 06:15 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TTP 3" downpipe

I have searched about this downpipe and found alot of good results on evo 8s, but not for the evo 9. Also read that it is a ttp/megan racing downpipe? So since megan racing created their evo 9 downpipe, is the older ttp downpipe with the flex section going to clear the acd,oil pan, etc on an evo 9. I know that if it fits on a 05 it should work on an 06, but have read alot of mixed results with this piece so if anyone has this installed on a IX let me know your experience.
Old Oct 19, 2007, 08:55 AM

i have it on my ix, only things that i had problems with was the bar underneath the car. i had to put some washers so that it didnt rub. it was a little close to the oil pan so i got a big flat head screwdriver and put a tiny bend in the oil pan just to make sure that it didnt rub. <---i could have fixed it but was too lazy so that was a quick fix. good dp for the money
Old Oct 19, 2007, 08:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have this on my IX as well. I encountered the same issue with the DP touching the oil pan. I get a slight vibration at around 3700 RPM. I adjusted it out a while back, but after installing my test pipe and cat back the issue returned.

Other than that tiny problem, it's a great piece. So what if it's the same as the Megan ... who cares? It's a quality piece and has a flex section which was important for me.
Old Oct 19, 2007, 09:00 AM
Evolved Member

have a Megan DP in my IX. like what R2RS did.I also put 2 washers in the bar under neat. but other than that had no problem. no issues in the oil pan on my side.