Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Need some help guys! Please take a look!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2007, 03:28 PM
.MM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need some help guys! Please take a look!

i got my car tuned at 1300 miles on the ODO.

it has mods in sig...

car made supposedly 340whp/320wtq at 21psi, tuned by Al of Dynoflash

my car, before and after the tune has had a spastic idle for one.
the best i could get at the track with a 1.7 60ft was a 12.6@108

if i turned the boost up to 22.5psi, i ran a 12.3 at 111

PROBLEMS are this:

car is burning oil, like a quart every 500 miles!!!!! WWTFFFF!!!!!!
i give it WOT like 2-3 times a day just getting onto onramps and ****

the car is brand new! 2 months old, 3800 miles, why the **** am i burning this much oil?!

the car was properly broken in, i didnt start modding until 1100 miles.

i want to figure out what is wrong with it before i mod it more and before i get another tune from AL with new mods...

the oil light comes on after a few hard pulls, not track driving, just hard pulls for a few minutes and im missing a quart of oil

HELP!
Old Oct 20, 2007, 04:18 PM

Is it smoking under throttle? Could be that your rings did not seat properly. There have been a few threads about 06 MR's that were burning the same amount of oil. I would return it to stock and let the dealer fix it, then put our mods back on.
Old Oct 20, 2007, 04:21 PM

Yeah, let the dealer deal with it. Take the parts off and make use of the warranty!
Old Oct 20, 2007, 08:28 PM
.MM
Evolved Member

should i ride it out a little more or anything? or just spend 400 bucks to remove my mods and another 400 to put them back on? :O
Old Oct 20, 2007, 11:29 PM

You should not be paying $400 to have those mods listed in your sig. Give it a try yourself. The intake is a sinch. Take the boost controller off and get the stock boost vac lines re-routed. Get the car on jackstands and do the exhaust. The part that might be challenging and needs more patience, is the 02 housing. The fuel pump isn't all too bad as long as your careful with the floater. Plenty of threads here that will help you too.
Old Oct 20, 2007, 11:55 PM
Evolved Member

^^^+1! Give it a try yourself! And def. let the dealer deal with it. How is the reputation of your local mitsu. dealer?
Old Oct 21, 2007, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by suprawillis
You should not be paying $400 to have those mods listed in your sig. Give it a try yourself. The intake is a sinch. Take the boost controller off and get the stock boost vac lines re-routed. Get the car on jackstands and do the exhaust. The part that might be challenging and needs more patience, is the 02 housing. The fuel pump isn't all too bad as long as your careful with the floater. Plenty of threads here that will help you too.
Please return to stock and return the car to the dealer. Why spend hundreds of $ when you don't have to.
Old Oct 21, 2007, 06:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
And they better not notice you had any Mods or they will void you must have the cables ties to specs.
Old Oct 21, 2007, 06:57 AM
Evolving Member

yeah man I return it to stock first,but I had this same problem on the real,come to find out that the seals for leaking on the car,I had them replaced with oem seals,and after driving it again for a day or two the same thing happened.So the shop had to replace them with upgraded seals they use for racing here.So theres no oil use like that now.At first I thought it was just due to the high speeds we drive here on the autobahn,but it wasnt the case.I think its a problem from the factory for the MR foreal.
Old Oct 21, 2007, 07:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
Unfortunately you may be looking at some costly repair bills. If the dealer is at all competant they are going to know that the car has been modded and returned to stock.

Any incling of a modded anything and they'll deny your warrenty claim real fast. They are going to see that there have been bolts removed that should not have been in a car with 3800 miles on it. You can give it a shot but I say your chances of a warrenty claim on this car are slim.

A qt of oil in 500 miles. Have you looked under the car to check for a possible leak. I would do as much as you could on your end before I took it to the dealer.

Not trying do be a ***** but just getting you ready for reality. I can see new bottom end components in your near future
Old Oct 21, 2007, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

+1 GSR Bwoi---- If they can prove the car was modded and returned to stock. Not only can they void your warranty, they can slap a lawsuit on your ***. There was a thread not to long back of a Scuba dealership doing this to someone.

Try and diagnose this yourself. Check compression after a thurough visual inspection. Look for smoke when on the throttle. Cover all your bases. Good luck.