Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My RMR experience

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2003, 10:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My RMR experience

First the downpipe and brace.
I called to actually order a catback which they didn't have so I ordered the downpipe and brace that was in stock.The catback they had a muffler supply problem and got a new vendor and would be making them soon. 2 weeks later I call back and they tell me it's going out tomorrow?? They didn't have the brace in stock and never bothered to tell me. I did in fact get the DP and Brace 3 day to have it by that weekend. Oh, and the catback
they had a muffler supply problem and got a new vendor and would be making them soon. (yes I was told the same exact thing!)

Now I had been on the list for 3 weeks for the rest of the exhaust. After another week I called for a status and was told they were putting them together and realistically they would be ready Mon or Tues of the next week. That was last week. Tuesday I called again and was told I was next on the list and he would call me back today (Tues) or tomorrow. Friday came and
went and no phone call. So as of this point they still have not called me after telling me on more than one occasion it would be ready. So now after six weeks I still don't have the exhaust.

I don't know what goes on over there. Unfortunately I am in NJ and they don't seem to give a sh*t. During this time, other people posted about custom exhaust work and what not but the couldn't meet thier already backorder demands. ozrallyguy offered to sell me one cause he was on the list before me, but didn't want to take a sale away from them.
Well they are not getting the sale now!
ozrallyguy, you tried and thanks for your help.

Oh, I almost forgot the air filter I ordered from someone else who is still waiting on RMR to send them some. That has been a good 2 weeks, too. I think I will need to cancel that and get a credit.

Apparently RMR just doesn't care about any of us anymore. Which is ironic since we make up most of thier customer base as far as the Evo goes.

I feel bad for the one guy there that I have talked to because he was always nice as **** to me. He should get out of that place. Whoever the other guy is, it's just an inconvience for him to answer the phone.

If your wondering, spooldswede is going to help me out with an exhaust.
Old Jul 12, 2003, 01:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yup, sounds extremely familiar. I went down to RMR about two months ago, when i first got my evo, and bought some small parts, and they were all very nice. BUT, i've also been on the list for an exhaust, etc... for about 2-2.5 weeks also, and every time i call, i get conflicting stories. One day they have some parts in, the next they are backordered, and then the day after that, they have some more. I just don't get it. I think they really need to sort out their supply issues, because how they are taking care of things is just not right, and isn't working at all. It's very frustrating.

I actually called to see if they could sell me just the piping for their exhaust, which they had said three days earlier was in. But now they say that they don't have that either, when before it was just waiting on their muffler guy. I talked to them about doing a custom HKS muffler on their piping, like they have done before a few times, and they told me no, because the piping wasn't even ready, when a few days prior to me calling today, it was. I don't get it, they never have anything in stock anymore, they are always backed up, but they advertise that everything is available. Just doesn't work IMO.

I never heard anything from them even with me on their list, so they lost my continued business, but i hope everything turns around, because they are very helpful and nice guys from what i saw.
Old Jul 12, 2003, 04:43 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah ...real nice ...telling lies to customers...thats smart...
Old Jul 12, 2003, 04:56 AM

I am willing to bet that Vivid Racing is having problems with them as well, thus not being able to ship my Downpipe, intake and exhaust...
Old Jul 12, 2003, 02:03 PM
In Timeout

i am willing to bet that that is not vivids only problem =X
Old Jul 12, 2003, 02:20 PM
Evolving Member

This is really disheartening. I have heard both very good, and VERY bad comments on this board about RMR. They showed up to our first EVO meet in Torrance with 3 cars to show off their parts and talk shop with us, and I was very impressed. In the beginning there was nothing but good comments, now they've been getting bashed fairly regularly here. Blair was posting all the time, but lately I haven't seen or heard anything from him. I really wish that RMR would reply to some of these threads, as I know that a few of us have brought the threads to their attention, but still no response.There are a lot of people out there selling high quality upgrades for our cars (and a lot of ****ty companies too), RMR seems to be quite inexpensive compared to some, but I am deffinately willing to pay a LOT more money if I get excellent service. Something to think about?
Old Jul 12, 2003, 03:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by EvoInSoCal
Yup, sounds extremely familiar. I went down to RMR about two months ago, when i first got my evo, and bought some small parts, and they were all very nice. BUT, i've also been on the list for an exhaust, etc... for about 2-2.5 weeks also, and every time i call, i get conflicting stories. One day they have some parts in, the next they are backordered, and then the day after that, they have some more. I just don't get it. I think they really need to sort out their supply issues, because how they are taking care of things is just not right, and isn't working at all. It's very frustrating.

I actually called to see if they could sell me just the piping for their exhaust, which they had said three days earlier was in. But now they say that they don't have that either, when before it was just waiting on their muffler guy. I talked to them about doing a custom HKS muffler on their piping, like they have done before a few times, and they told me no, because the piping wasn't even ready, when a few days prior to me calling today, it was. I don't get it, they never have anything in stock anymore, they are always backed up, but they advertise that everything is available. Just doesn't work IMO.

I never heard anything from them even with me on their list, so they lost my continued business, but i hope everything turns around, because they are very helpful and nice guys from what i saw.
I just dont understand why is everybody jumping on the bandwagon and buying those crappy air intakes and exhausts???
besides being cheap whats so special about those exhausts,? waiting list?? are you kidding me. People need to calm the hell down. It sounds like 2000 evo owners went crazy and ordered the same thing ,unfortunatelly, that intake and exhaust, is just crap. I personally drag raced, a guy with rmr intake and exhaust, he couldnt beat my stock evo, he was pretty pissed off too.
Instead of wasting money on that crap, save up buy a bigger turbo, ecu, cams and stuff like that. Didnt we have this air intake discussion already?

ps and yes I bought that ****ty intake too but its gone now.
Old Jul 12, 2003, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

Many people think that the hardest part of being a good vendor is making sure you have the very best parts.

Although this is important for sure, many times the biggest challenge for any vendor is staying on top of supply and demand, and managing the underlying manufacturers to ensure products are built well, function as advertised, and are produced and delivered in a timely manner.

In reality, though, every tuner shop I have ever dealt with at one point or another was guilty of trying to juggle customers needs as the result of underestimating demand.

I guess the point is that, while its not a good thing, it can happen to almost any vendor from time to time depending on circumstances.

As buyers its always best to qualify as much info as possible regarding parts and services availability and quality prior to spending our hard-earned money.

Buy with your credit card and if the vendor falls way short of meeting expectations ask for a credit, if they refuse just dispute the charges and don't lose any sleep over it.

N10S
Old Jul 12, 2003, 06:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by N10S
Many people think that the hardest part of being a good vendor is making sure you have the very best parts.

Although this is important for sure, many times the biggest challenge for any vendor is staying on top of supply and demand, and managing the underlying manufacturers to ensure products are built well, function as advertised, and are produced and delivered in a timely manner.

In reality, though, every tuner shop I have ever dealt with at one point or another was guilty of trying to juggle customers needs as the result of underestimating demand.

I guess the point is that, while its not a good thing, it can happen to almost any vendor from time to time depending on circumstances.

As buyers its always best to qualify as much info as possible regarding parts and services availability and quality prior to spending our hard-earned money.

Buy with your credit card and if the vendor falls way short of meeting expectations ask for a credit, if they refuse just dispute the charges and don't lose any sleep over it.

N10S
I had not yet paid for the exhaust and on the last call he said either today or tomorrow, which makes you curious that if that was the case why didn't he just take the information then. Apparently he really wasn't sure when he would have it ready.
It's fine if you had a problem but just be honest and say when you will be able to sell the part, not "it should be done on x" everytime you get on the phone. If the said another month then it is up to me to either wait or buy something else, but don't string someone along.
Old Jul 12, 2003, 06:30 PM
Evolving Member

I know it's a little tough to balance supply/demand and bringing new customers in the door. It obviously wouldn't make much busines sense for them to tell customers that call in that they don't have any parts because things could change in an instant and they just might be ready. But I think it's more an issue of follow up. I think they would lose a ton of business if they told people "no" on the phone, so I can kinda understand the logic. What most people don't realize is that they not only sell products but they fabricate them in house, as well as doing installs (I'm going to have them install my Teins), and they have a race team to run as well as help with other race teams that they sponsor. No excuses, but It's tough on a small staff. I just hope they can have my seat rails ready and get to my suspension install before I go to the track on August 2nd!