Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo service

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2003, 10:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo service

I had my Evo serviced recently and at the same time asked them to look into a shifting problem on my tranny. When i picked up the car I was in a hurry so didn't pay much attention. But today looking over the report , I notice "miles in" and "miles out" and it works out to be a difference of 9 miles !!

My first thought is that maybe somebody took themselves a nice joyride in my Evo. What does everyone think ? Is this excessive. I think it is and thinking about complaining to the service manager.
Old Jul 11, 2003, 10:55 PM
Account Disabled

Mine was at 4 miles. It was on the boat from japan and truck delivered to the dealer. Im not sure why they drove 4 miles but it doesnt matter as long it wasnt some outrageous number.
Old Jul 11, 2003, 10:57 PM
Evolving Member

If you only had 4 miles how did they do PDI?? Usually takes about 12 miles to do PDI... you better check your alignment.
Old Jul 11, 2003, 10:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by drmosh
If you only had 4 miles how did they do PDI?? Usually takes about 12 miles to do PDI... you better check your alignment.
dont think he's talking about PDI...
Old Jul 12, 2003, 05:01 AM
Evolving Member

The only problems I had with my service is that the boners working on my car didn't get the lift arm on the rear drivers side in far enough and bent my rocker panel! I'm kind of upset, but they are replacing it for free. People told me I should have demanded free lifetime oil changes, but I help people with that attitude all day, so I don't want to be "that guy".
Old Jul 12, 2003, 10:45 PM

Update on my service.

I had the tires rotated and although they had reset the rear tires to 29 psi, they didn't change the front tire's tire pressure.

But worse than that, I checked the oil level and they hav efilled it up too much ! it's about the width of one of the max/min notches over the max notch mark ! Sounds a lot like some of the Evo's being overfilled from the factory - I bet they are filling by volume - that is dump X quarts into every Evo, ireespective of whether it's too much or not.