Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Pictures of aftermarket gauges in Evo?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2007, 08:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BenJ
here's my set-up...nothing crazy

Thats exactly what i was thinking about doing.... putting AEM boost and wideband on my steering column. Whats your opinion on that set up, and can u you see the gas gauge and speedo alright?
Old Oct 27, 2007, 08:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by iXi SLiCk iXi
Thats exactly what i was thinking about doing.... putting AEM boost and wideband on my steering column. Whats your opinion on that set up, and can u you see the gas gauge and speedo alright?
I like the set-up a lot to be honest. The reason that I went with the AEM boost gauge was to match the AEM A/f gauge, the two most important gauges if you ask me. I put them on the steering column for the obvious reason that they are directly in my field of view that way I can keep my eyes on the road as well and also as to not draw any unwanted attention from outside of my car. I can see the Speedometer clearly all the way until about 120 mph or so, but at that speed, there's no real reason to be watching the speedometer anyways...The Tachometer is in perfect view....which is the way I like it as I'm always monitoring it....more so than the Speedometer anyways. The gas gauge is pretty much completely covered by the A/F meter, but I've a) learned to watch my Tripometer to gauge my fuel level and b) I occasionally tilt my head slightly to the left and double check the actual gas gauge. But to recap, I love this set-up!
Old Oct 27, 2007, 09:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by iXi SLiCk iXi
I sort of have half that set-up as I'm using the Autometer gauge panel. It blocks from about 145+ on the speedo but if I'm going that fast, chances are I'm not looking down I love it - it's in easy view and looks great.
Old Oct 28, 2007, 03:12 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BenJ
I like the set-up a lot to be honest. The reason that I went with the AEM boost gauge was to match the AEM A/f gauge, the two most important gauges if you ask me. I put them on the steering column for the obvious reason that they are directly in my field of view that way I can keep my eyes on the road as well and also as to not draw any unwanted attention from outside of my car. I can see the Speedometer clearly all the way until about 120 mph or so, but at that speed, there's no real reason to be watching the speedometer anyways...The Tachometer is in perfect view....which is the way I like it as I'm always monitoring it....more so than the Speedometer anyways. The gas gauge is pretty much completely covered by the A/F meter, but I've a) learned to watch my Tripometer to gauge my fuel level and b) I occasionally tilt my head slightly to the left and double check the actual gas gauge. But to recap, I love this set-up!
I have a similar setup and like it also. The only things that are obstructed is my fuel gauge and past 130ish mph. Though if I just slightly tilt my head I can see just fine.

Old Oct 28, 2007, 10:03 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 90GSXDan
Well according to your sig your rebuilding your blown motor.... How did you manage to blow your motor with THAT many gauges???
bad tune, "i" personally did not blow the motor. It happened before i had the gauges. All i had was a boost gauge.
Old Oct 28, 2007, 10:06 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Tryx
I have a similar setup and like it also. The only things that are obstructed is my fuel gauge and past 130ish mph. Though if I just slightly tilt my head I can see just fine.

drive with your steering wheel as far down as it can go with the lever under column...i have a similiar setup and it used to bother me...with the steering wheel all the way down, you should be able to see 160mph.
Old Oct 28, 2007, 02:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo8604
drive with your steering wheel as far down as it can go with the lever under column...i have a similiar setup and it used to bother me...with the steering wheel all the way down, you should be able to see 160mph.
Personally it's more comfortable for me to have my steering wheel a bit higher, as having it that low makes my knee hit the bottom when heel-and-toeing. Not like I need to see the speedo above 145 anyway.
Old Oct 28, 2007, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Tryx

I really like that set up with the.... autometer dual steering column gauge mounts?
It looks very clean that way.
Old Oct 29, 2007, 07:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo8604
bad tune, "i" personally did not blow the motor. It happened before i had the gauges. All i had was a boost gauge.
Oh please dont tell me your the victim of No Limit's tuning???
Old Oct 29, 2007, 09:33 AM
Evolved Member

Autometer pod. I had to trim it considerably so the steering wheel didn't rub on it, but it turned out very nicely IMO.