Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Pictures of aftermarket gauges in Evo?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2007, 07:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pictures of aftermarket gauges in Evo?

Does anyone know of a good manufacturer/supplier website that shows pictures of various gauge pods and/or standalone gauges installed in the Evo IX?
I am looking for a nice clean gauge install that will be usefull (gauges where you can actually see them or at least large enough to see if they are not right in the line of sight).

Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 24, 2007, 07:40 AM
Evolving Member

Just located a thread on Defi-Link install using the greddy sandwich adapter and the stereo relocation kit. Can anyone using this or something similar tell me if this set up gives you good visibility of the information when you are driving? The setup looks good (real clean).

Thanks
Old Oct 24, 2007, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jmsrx
Just located a thread on Defi-Link install using the greddy sandwich adapter and the stereo relocation kit. Can anyone using this or something similar tell me if this set up gives you good visibility of the information when you are driving? The setup looks good (real clean).

Thanks
I have the Defi EGT, boost, oil pressure gauges in the Gruppe-S panel. Love it! And the fact you can record up to 3 mins means you can look at the gauges or do a few pulls looking at the road and then watch what just happened. I like that when setting boost and what not.

Old Oct 24, 2007, 12:01 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the post and pic.
Old Oct 24, 2007, 12:26 PM
Evolved Member

personally i like the rexpeed gauge pod the best.
Old Oct 24, 2007, 12:32 PM
Evolving Member

The radio relocation kit would be fine, but you'll get mixed results with the Greddy Adapter......I'm assuming you're refering to the oil block adapter for the gauge senders..........If your car is lowered or will be I would shy away from it if you're concerned about it dropping your oil filter too low. I originally had one and when AMS went to install it, they pointed out how low it was and I decided to not go with it.(I have a minimal drop on Swift Springs). You can do what they did to mine and use a remote pressure/temp sending line. http://www.amsperformance.com/store/...oducts_id=1201

Old Oct 24, 2007, 12:35 PM
Evolving Member

sorry....forgot to post pics....

I have a triple gauge pod....some people prefer not to go this way because it does block a small portion of your view out the front, but I haven't had any problems yet. Day and night pics:

Old Oct 24, 2007, 12:58 PM

I have the rexspeed 3x gauge pod setup. Really easy to access wires.. Just lift of the CF panel by the aircon vents, and use radio wires, then run a wire to the cigarrette lighter and your done, and you have no wires showing! (except I do cuz I need to finish the egt gauge.) BTW these are prosport gauges, white during day, amber at night. Total cost $350. compared to $600+
Old Oct 24, 2007, 01:02 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the pics. All three setups look nice and clean. I would think that the a-pillar and the dash top pods are a little easier to see while driving.

Thanks again.
Old Oct 24, 2007, 01:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by calilancer02

I have the rexspeed 3x gauge pod setup. Really easy to access wires.. Just lift of the CF panel by the aircon vents, and use radio wires, then run a wire to the cigarrette lighter and your done, and you have no wires showing! (except I do cuz I need to finish the egt gauge.) BTW these are prosport gauges, white during day, amber at night. Total cost $350. compared to $600+

^Holy rims!
Old Oct 24, 2007, 03:53 PM
Evolved Member

Here are mine since nobody else posted in this location. Yes I know I am missing a gauge and my camera sucks but you get the idea

Old Oct 24, 2007, 03:57 PM
Evolved Member

going for AEM 3 gauge with gruppe s panel

UEGO on the way , tru boost and another gauge is gettign ordered by the end of this week
Old Oct 24, 2007, 05:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TURBevO8
I have the Defi EGT, boost, oil pressure gauges in the Gruppe-S panel. Love it! And the fact you can record up to 3 mins means you can look at the gauges or do a few pulls looking at the road and then watch what just happened. I like that when setting boost and what not.

noticed your oil and egt isn't hooked up either...i've been driving around like that for months..haha
Old Oct 24, 2007, 06:26 PM
Evolved Member

Not the closest pic but these are the Sterwart Warner gauges with the 42 Draft Designs panel. I think it matches very well.

Old Oct 24, 2007, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by LoCo4
Not the closest pic but these are the Sterwart Warner gauges with the 42 Draft Designs panel. I think it matches very well.
Looks great, really matches well.

Quick Reply: Pictures of aftermarket gauges in Evo?