Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Convince me to buy EVO, and sell my STi...

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2007, 09:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm getting rid of my wrx also. Evo's are just better cars for modding.
Old Nov 10, 2007, 04:50 PM
Evolved Member

U have already read a lot of the reasons, i had a 06 sti that i traded to get a new 06 evo mr. Do i regret it, absolutely not. I love the evo. I paid 35k for the car and in an evo it shows, whereas the sti i was like i paid 32k for this.

EVO
Old Nov 10, 2007, 07:04 PM
Evolved Member

Same problem, the only thing keeping me from a IX is that I want to go out and have fun in the snow or maybe mud and what not, and the sti is simply more reiable. Clutches are up big deal but bigger issues would be harder to pay for since I too am a full time student. And Im not building it anything past basic tune and tbe, mbc, etc. So I haven't slept in weeks is what I'm trying to say. Anyone wanna trade for an 07 GTI?
Old Nov 11, 2007, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by boostincincy
Same problem, the only thing keeping me from a IX is that I want to go out and have fun in the snow or maybe mud and what not, and the sti is simply more reiable. Clutches are up big deal but bigger issues would be harder to pay for since I too am a full time student. And Im not building it anything past basic tune and tbe, mbc, etc. So I haven't slept in weeks is what I'm trying to say. Anyone wanna trade for an 07 GTI?
yea being a full time student is def. a major part of my decision...but i'm going for a full out build. I have the patience to know that i'm not doing major mods right this second, but I also know that I will do them in the future. thats y i've been considering the evo
Old Nov 12, 2007, 04:27 AM
Evolving Member

There was a evo vs. sti race last week. The evo owner painted(with shoe polish) on the back window, "UNDERSTEER LOL". It made baby jesus happy.
Old Nov 12, 2007, 06:49 AM
Evolved Member

evos are more rare if u ask me.....i like sti's...all my buddys have them...thats the main reasonny i bought an evo....i see stis like 6 times a day...never see an evo...and the evos r cheaper to go fast lol...and they faster ..go evo
Old Nov 12, 2007, 07:59 AM
Evolving Member

i traded my sti for my evo.

like u say, easier and cheaper to mod.

+ stronger startin point, it has a fmic already

its lighter (well mine is)

and u dont have to rotate **** like the sti to fit a gt35r.

evo's with 3065 turbo's can go into the 10's, and it makes power quicker in the evo.

here is my old sti usin it the way it was intended.

here is my evo waitin for a wash and wax.

Last edited by stig's_mentor; Nov 12, 2007 at 08:01 AM.
Old Nov 12, 2007, 08:15 AM
Evolved Member

I've never driven an STi, so I don't think I really have a really good opinion between the two. But obviously, since I have an Evo, my first choice is the Evo. I've riden in an STi, and they are defiantly fun, they look nice, and have that distinct sound.

I really like STi's. Though, I like the old GC8 22B's the most I think you'd be very happy with an Evo. Have you test driven one? STi's defiantly understeer much more. With a quick brush of the brakes at turn in, you can send the Evo into a nice comfortable rotation.
Old Nov 12, 2007, 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mayhem13
yea being a full time student is def. a major part of my decision...but i'm going for a full out build. I have the patience to know that i'm not doing major mods right this second, but I also know that I will do them in the future. thats y i've been considering the evo
How can a full-time student afford either car? I'm jealous. Any way, you've already made a solid choice in the STi, so enjoy it. Sure, the Evo has a lot of potential, but modding a car is a lot like playing golf, you get far more frustration than satisfaction for your money. I gave up golf.
Old Nov 12, 2007, 08:44 AM
Evolved Member

This is one of the most retarded debates ever. Yeah I said it.
Old Nov 12, 2007, 11:58 AM
Evolving Member

Quit acting like you're gonna pass this opportunity up. DO you really want to spend more money on pretty much another STi? Or just save up and get something even more classy with power Your choice dude. Make it wisely (future wise).
Old Nov 12, 2007, 12:02 PM
Evolving Member

You completed you first step-admiting you have a problem & turning towards us...
Old Nov 13, 2007, 02:48 PM
Evolved Member

hah
Old Nov 13, 2007, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by MitsuJDM
I've never driven an STi, so I don't think I really have a really good opinion between the two. But obviously, since I have an Evo, my first choice is the Evo. I've riden in an STi, and they are defiantly fun, they look nice, and have that distinct sound.

I really like STi's. Though, I like the old GC8 22B's the most I think you'd be very happy with an Evo. Have you test driven one? STi's defiantly understeer much more. With a quick brush of the brakes at turn in, you can send the Evo into a nice comfortable rotation.
yes i've driven evo's before. agreed sti's understeer a lot.

Originally Posted by speedomodel
How can a full-time student afford either car? I'm jealous. Any way, you've already made a solid choice in the STi, so enjoy it. Sure, the Evo has a lot of potential, but modding a car is a lot like playing golf, you get far more frustration than satisfaction for your money. I gave up golf.
lol i hate golf...ice hockey is where its at.

and to answer ur seemingly hypothetical question, i worked 60+hr. work weeks for a year, and have had a nearly full time job since i was a freshmen in highschool...

Originally Posted by eVo_Boi
Quit acting like you're gonna pass this opportunity up. DO you really want to spend more money on pretty much another STi? Or just save up and get something even more classy with power Your choice dude. Make it wisely (future wise).

Well i was actually looking at M3's too, thing is i LOVE modding cars and i'll take speed over luxury any day of the week. There's just some intangible appeal to a car that u've built and planned out and worked for that draws me into cars like sti and evo u kno? but yea i hear what ur saying tho..good advice, thanks.

Originally Posted by [Neo]
You completed you first step-admiting you have a problem & turning towards us...
hahahahahahaha
Old Nov 28, 2007, 08:12 AM

well guys I've decided to keep my STi for now, but come this summer if money is coming in from work I will be looking into picking up a IX. Thanks for all the advice!

Quick Reply: Convince me to buy EVO, and sell my STi...