Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Power Door Locks are not working. Help/Tips

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2007, 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Power Door Locks are not working. Help/Tips

Hello.
I bought my 03 Evo 8 recently and when I got it the power door locks were not working, sort of. They work just fine when you go to lock/unlock the car with the stock remote but when you try to lock/unlock using either of the door lock buttons on the doors then they don't work. I have checked the fuses and the buttons on the doors and they look fine.
When I got the car it came with an alarm, nothing special, basically just an alarm that works with your stock anti-theft setup. This way I have two remotes, the stock one to lock/unlock the car and the alarm one to arm/disarm the car.
I am going to check the wiring, this weekend hopefully, because I think that maybe a wire was cut that wasn't suppose to be when the alarm was installed and that's why my locks only work by remote.
If anyone has any tips or any ideas on what else I can check to get this issue resolved it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Old Oct 26, 2007, 12:07 PM
Evolving Member

sell everything you own. buy performance parts. live in your car.
Old Oct 26, 2007, 12:11 PM
Evolving Member

yeah, check the aftermarket wiring. the wires should have been tapped right in the drivers kick. it is possible that the wires broke but when using the remote it send the signal where as the switch side would not.
Old Oct 26, 2007, 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

sell everything you own. buy performance parts. live in your car.
Great tip but I was thinking something along the lines of my problem.
Old Oct 26, 2007, 12:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lilman8403
yeah, check the aftermarket wiring. the wires should have been tapped right in the drivers kick. it is possible that the wires broke but when using the remote it send the signal where as the switch side would not.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Thanks.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 11:43 AM

I am having the same exact problem! There was an alarm system installed when I bought the vehicle and it has all been removed. The power door lock switches inside the car do not do anything. Also the horn inside the car does not work. When I use the key remote the car locks and unlocks and the horn beeps when it locks. Any ideas?! I have checked wiring a few times as well as check every fuse. Any places to start? I was going to start a new thread, but I came across this one.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 08:49 PM

Any help ?

Originally Posted by anthony_86gt
I am having the same exact problem! There was an alarm system installed when I bought the vehicle and it has all been removed. The power door lock switches inside the car do not do anything. Also the horn inside the car does not work. When I use the key remote the car locks and unlocks and the horn beeps when it locks. Any ideas?! I have checked wiring a few times as well as check every fuse. Any places to start? I was going to start a new thread, but I came across this one.
Same issue here except the horn works. Please help