Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

i hate things in the road...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2007, 07:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i hate things in the road...

so im driving home tonight from whitemarsh on 695 and as im nearing dundalk, i hit something in the road, it all happend to quick to was. well i didnt think anything of it, then i get to my friends house and take a look at the passenger side of my car. well the front lip on it is broken off on that side, the rocker panel clips are all broken, so its just kinda hanging there, and theres a dent in my rim.....

im hoping my insurance covers this no problem. im not sure what i hit and im not sure if it fell off of what looked to be a truck in front of me (there were no lights on this part of 695 so it was really dark) or maybe it was there the whole time.

just not a good night
Old Oct 28, 2007, 07:52 PM
Evolved Member

2x4 from a truck killed my SE Lip. RIP
Old Oct 28, 2007, 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JordanS4
2x4 from a truck killed my SE Lip. RIP
did you go through insurance to get it fixed? im just curious on how insurance handles something like this. of course i have full coverage on my car, so im thinking i should have no problems
Old Oct 28, 2007, 07:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I've been luckily and happen to being looking directly at whats in front me the only times I've had to avoid stuff.

I will never forget the full blown couch sitting in the middle lane on 695. I swear it looked like someone picked it up and put it perfectly horizontal in one of the lanes then ran off and waited for some car to hit it. Weirdest thing I've seen on a highway. lol
Old Oct 28, 2007, 07:59 PM
Evolved Member

i was looking in front of me, the problem was there was cars around me, so i felt that i couldnt brake or swerve to avoid this, plus it happend to fast, i dont think i could of reacted fast enough even if nothing was around me
Old Oct 28, 2007, 08:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had to come to a complete stop on a busy bridge one time because there were some fallen off truck retreads in the middle of the road. There were only two lanes of traffic and I had no way to avoid it. People behind me were NOT happy, but I rather **** some dude off than damage my bumper or undercarriage

BTW, hope it wasn't a person you hit
Old Oct 28, 2007, 09:44 PM
R9

A pidgeon hit my windshield once
Old Oct 29, 2007, 04:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by damstr
I will never forget the full blown couch sitting in the middle lane on 695. I swear it looked like someone picked it up and put it perfectly horizontal in one of the lanes then ran off and waited for some car to hit it. Weirdest thing I've seen on a highway. lol

a couch on 695? wth, yea thats pretty weird
Old Oct 29, 2007, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

no it wasnt a person...lol. it was probably a peice of wood or something....they were doing construction there, so maybe something from that...

so far these are the things im gonna need replaced....
-front lip
-front bumper(maybe)
-rocker panel
-MR BBS rim
-tire
Old Oct 29, 2007, 10:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It will be covered under your comprehensive policy. So, you will need to pay your comp deductible and they will cover the rest. Your premium should not change since it was a no fault accident. Good luck getting things fixed.

A friend of mine just damaged his RR IX MR from hitting some tread on the highway. Similar damage. He's getting a new bumper, lip, undertray, oil cooler, intercooler, LICP and paint on the front end. It's easy to hit some high repair costs with only a little damage on these cars. There is a lot to bend/break on the front end.
Old Oct 29, 2007, 10:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That sux dude.I hit a piece of tire in my old car and it took half the bumper off.
Old Oct 30, 2007, 12:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Having driven around 495 & 695 (baltimore-washington metropolitan area) for more than 8 years, I can honestly say for a fact that I have seen numerous couches on both 495, 695, and even 95. People leave **** on the road everywhere, its freaking terrible. Rednecks & crackheads around here have no respect.
Old Oct 30, 2007, 01:25 AM
Evolved Member

I've seen a mattress on IH35, pretty much as weird as its gotten here. Good luck with your insurance company though!
Old Oct 30, 2007, 03:32 PM
Evolved Member

well my car will not be covered by insurance becuase they count it as an accident...which means when i make a claim they will check my points on my license, so my insurance will automatically be raised because i have 2 points now.... also i will loose my discount for being accident free. its complete bullsh*t. now i need to come up with some money to fix my baby
Old Oct 30, 2007, 03:41 PM
Evolved Member

Try driving in Oregon after the snow season...........there are all kinds of stuff laying on the road .