Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

No 02 Dump in the market?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2008 | 04:40 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was wrong.

I never really looked at a dynojet slip before and the colors were so close and I looked at it to fast. Being colorblind ownd me.

There is still 2 other runs missing. And I am not sure what the SAE difference is between 1.01 and 1.02?
Old Jan 10, 2008 | 05:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Dennis F
I was wrong.

I never really looked at a dynojet slip before and the colors were so close and I looked at it to fast. Being colorblind ownd me.

There is still 2 other runs missing. And I am not sure what the SAE difference is between 1.01 and 1.02?
Runs 2 and 3 were most likely while the were still dialing it in with the dump. These car are so sensitive that to get the most out of any mod you really must tune for it. Difference is 1%.
Old Jan 10, 2008 | 05:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is anyone going to make these or what?
Old Jan 10, 2008 | 07:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Call/E-Mail Morgan Performance Fabrication ... www.mpfab.com. 205.985.1953. Talk to Walker. As far as I know, he's the only one offering this currently.
Old Jan 10, 2008 | 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dennis F
I was wrong.

SAE correction is applied to balance the runs for temp/humidity/pressure. From my minimal SAE correction understanding, the slight difference in correction is attributed to small differences in the environment for the 2 runs. The different correction factors should take out the environment variables for the 2 runs and give better comparison numbers.
Old Jan 10, 2008 | 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TouringBubble
Call/E-Mail Morgan Performance Fabrication ... www.mpfab.com. 205.985.1953. Talk to Walker. As far as I know, he's the only one offering this currently.
What is his going rate? Was it $300?
Old Jan 10, 2008 | 08:44 AM
Evolved Member

I know ttp is going with a different design, but i would like to hear their input and give us an update on theirs
Old Jan 10, 2008 | 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 3volut1on
What is his going rate? Was it $300?
I'm not 100% sure. You'd have to get that from them. I've heard $300 if you do not provide your own housing.
Old Jan 10, 2008 | 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

Wait for TTP to release a nice piece. Those hacked up ebay 02's look like crap.
Old Jan 10, 2008 | 08:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ChuckP
Wait for TTP to release a nice piece. Those hacked up ebay 02's look like crap.
the mpfab o2 looks great, it impressed me and it fits like a glove, and most of all it sounds great. I plan on doing a review of this and the ets licp if i ever get the time to do it............ you wont be disapointed if you buy one.

Joe
Old Jan 10, 2008 | 09:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by joehoo
the mpfab o2 looks great, it impressed me and it fits like a glove, and most of all it sounds great. I plan on doing a review of this and the ets licp if i ever get the time to do it............ you wont be disapointed if you buy one.

Joe
Glade your happy with it. Id rather have one made from scratch than an ebay 02 hacked up and sold for $300, but that just me.
Old Jan 11, 2008 | 06:29 AM
Evolving Member

well my thoughts were the same as yours at first. But with the ebay o2, you know its a proven part, every body and their brother has used this o2 with great results. Im sure a fabbed o2 like the one ttp is coming soon, and then we can compare the two.

you refer to the hacked up ebay o2 as if I did this out in my front yard. This was done by a pro shop and its apperance is great, so please lets start saying modded and not hacked up.

Joe
Old Jan 11, 2008 | 06:34 AM
Evolved Member

you guys think they will be able to perform this on a stock 02 housing..?
Old Jan 11, 2008 | 06:38 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Redline06
you guys think they will be able to perform this on a stock 02 housing..?
I wouldn't. The stocker is cast piece. You could cut off the tube part that goes to the downpipe and just use the flange, but it would be messy as cast iron is harder to weld.

Do it right the first time if your going t do it at all.
Old Jan 11, 2008 | 08:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by joehoo

Joe
I agree. People think this is a simple drill and weld job. I was able to witness some of Walker's handiwork on these pieces while I was at his shop with a customer's car one day.

The ports are hand-matched to perfection ... he doesn't simply drill a hole and weld on the pipe. He hand shapes the exit port on the existing O2 and then bends and notches the dump pipe (44mm I believe) for an exact match. He makes several fine adjustments to the port and the dump pipe to ensure proper fitment and flow before welding. He uses high quality stock for the dump pipe as well. I'm not sure of the exact thickness ... he could probably tell you that.

As far as the welding, this is not a simple MIG welding job that Dave at the local muffler shop would do. This is delicate TIG welding and Walker is one of the best I've seen when it comes to this. Check out his work on this intake pipe ...

Walker is the only local fabricator that I recommend to my customers. He takes pride in his work and it shows in the final product.

Quick Reply: No 02 Dump in the market?