Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

No 02 Dump in the market?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2008 | 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LilRico
I'm still waiting on some dyno numbers!!!! No way am I going to purchase anything that people haven't used and showed before and after gains or losses...

............ I'm still waiting.............
::::waits plenty:::::::
I'm with you LilRico. The only reason I've been holding out on buying a regular O2 housing (Not expensive at all) is I expect there will be an advantage in spool and power with a O2 dump. As soon as I see the proof they work, I'm pretty certain I'll get one. Just holding out on my tune until I see some guys with these.

Side note, this thread is HUGE. I feel it isn't all hype.
Old Apr 9, 2008 | 11:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Burklow
I'm with you LilRico. The only reason I've been holding out on buying a regular O2 housing (Not expensive at all) is I expect there will be an advantage in spool and power with a O2 dump. As soon as I see the proof they work, I'm pretty certain I'll get one. Just holding out on my tune until I see some guys with these.

Side note, this thread is HUGE. I feel it isn't all hype.
I hear you man... I saw the 27 pages and quickly read through some of them and wow.. Out of ALLLLLLLL the venders that were supposed to be making something they're all in "Development" or "Testing". I didn't know R&D took so long... With that said, once one of these O-2 dumps makes it out to the mass market, I expect more then 10+ AWHP gain from this for all the time it took to release and research. Also the price premium it looks like we're going to be paying. Anything around $300 bucks seems a lot to me, so it better be worth it!
Old Apr 9, 2008 | 11:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LilRico
I hear you man... I saw the 27 pages and quickly read through some of them and wow.. Out of ALLLLLLLL the venders that were supposed to be making something they're all in "Development" or "Testing". I didn't know R&D took so long... With that said, once one of these O-2 dumps makes it out to the mass market, I expect more then 10+ AWHP gain from this for all the time it took to release and research. Also the price premium it looks like we're going to be paying. Anything around $300 bucks seems a lot to me, so it better be worth it!
Prototypes might be expensive, but atleast they'll sound nice.

A regular O2 housing is what... $100-150. For 5+ WHP. If the dump is 10+ WHP and 300-500 Revs of a difference in spool, I'll be a happy camper.

They're kind of difficult to install. I didn't want to spend 5 hours on the car for 5 WHP with the traditional units. That seems kind of silly to me. I just want the product to have results worth the time and sweat.
Old Apr 9, 2008 | 09:51 PM
Former Sponsor

I can Assure all of you that this Mod/Part will be worth it. We are very close to our final design and have done extensive R&D to make sure we get every ounce of power out of our O2 Dump. Developing a part that will work with stock intercooler pipes, be 100% safe, makes big power, is a very hard thing to do. It takes time, we have been on this for 2 months now. Most every business takes way longer to produce something of this nature and be able to mass produce these. We are setup to make a first run of around 100 units. There is lots going on behind the scenes that maybe some of you dont know about.
With all that said, I can put some of your concerns at ease. Our O2 dump has already made power over Your magic HP numbers, and our Price will be well Below the $300 range. We could release our O2 dump tomorrow but we arent satisfied; we know it can make more power We will offer our part when we are 100% sure we have extracted every ounce of power available with this part. I have one on my Evo MR right now, the spoolup is quicker, and full boost happens sooner, so far ours has made power all throughout the rev zone not just in one place, up top or down low but all over. The sound it makes is Very Cool..IMHO..which that is subjective. We will have an update very soon, stay tuned...it is coming and will be well worth the wait.
Old Apr 10, 2008 | 05:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Street Tuners
I can Assure all of you that this Mod/Part will be worth it. We are very close to our final design and have done extensive R&D to make sure we get every ounce of power out of our O2 Dump. Developing a part that will work with stock intercooler pipes, be 100% safe, makes big power, is a very hard thing to do. It takes time, we have been on this for 2 months now. Most every business takes way longer to produce something of this nature and be able to mass produce these. We are setup to make a first run of around 100 units. There is lots going on behind the scenes that maybe some of you dont know about.
With all that said, I can put some of your concerns at ease. Our O2 dump has already made power over Your magic HP numbers, and our Price will be well Below the $300 range. We could release our O2 dump tomorrow but we arent satisfied; we know it can make more power We will offer our part when we are 100% sure we have extracted every ounce of power available with this part. I have one on my Evo MR right now, the spoolup is quicker, and full boost happens sooner, so far ours has made power all throughout the rev zone not just in one place, up top or down low but all over. The sound it makes is Very Cool..IMHO..which that is subjective. We will have an update very soon, stay tuned...it is coming and will be well worth the wait.
Thank you for the update ... That sounded very re-assuring and it made me get a little excited and my mouth watered a lil....

Do you have any photo's of this piece available so I can get a glimpse of the part, see how well your craftsmanship is, so I can wait in confidence. That would be great, thanks!
Old Apr 10, 2008 | 06:15 AM
Evolved Member

I'm stoked!

haha I swear I can't help but have "magic numbers" for bolt-on parts sometimes. Big turbos have dumps for a reason, so this'll be great on a stock turbo.
Old Apr 10, 2008 | 06:49 AM
Former Sponsor

Thats what we're all about "Magic Numbers"...lol...
Hang in there guys, it will be worth the wait. If you think your Evo growls now just wait until you have the dump on there. I personally love the sound, and it's not noticed until you reach highboost when the wastegate opens up, then the Motor really comes alive and the turbo can work it's Magic since it can flow freely. We have been holding back for a reason, trying to keep this proprietary for a reason. We've worked awfully hard and have a good bit invested in R&D with this part, we are determined to see this through because we know the power potential running an open wastegate dump. Lots of other benefits other than just raw HP numbers( which are very good with ours so far/but we know more HP is waiting to be unlocked with our prototype #4). Spoolup, flow, and importantly freeing up tuning, which is very important, your ECU tuner will have more to work with now, this will help in any number of areas. Stay Tuned....updates will come when we have them, we talked to our Ecu Tuner last night and he is available for testing this weekend. We ideally want to have our final prototype tested and ready to manufacture next week.

Last edited by Q@EvoPowerMods; Apr 10, 2008 at 07:07 AM.
Old Apr 10, 2008 | 07:09 AM
Evolved Member

^^^^^
Damn you... I think I'm sold... I wanna run this on my built motor.. I can't wait to hear what this thing sounds like at 30+ PSI at 8,000 RPM's. My car already sounds like a motor cycle... This thing should be nuts!
Old Apr 10, 2008 | 07:28 AM
Evolving Member

Can't wait to see the design and how it performs. Very excited about this part and def want to get one when they are ready.
Old Apr 10, 2008 | 10:16 PM
Evolved Member

man im couting down every minute
Old Apr 12, 2008 | 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

yawn
Old Apr 13, 2008 | 07:58 PM
Evolved Member

my paypal is ready.....lol.
Old Apr 13, 2008 | 10:15 PM

Looking forward to seeing a finished product and seeing some clips of it in action
Old Apr 14, 2008 | 12:34 AM
Evolved Member

damn i want this for real....i cant wait to make my stock turbo sound like a beast....
Old Apr 14, 2008 | 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

just a shameless plug but I'm selling mine...check my part-out thread for price and vid clip

Quick Reply: No 02 Dump in the market?