Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

No 02 Dump in the market?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2008 | 02:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i wont be able to afford one anytime soon but would love to hear it. seems it would make your car sound like a beast.
Old Apr 14, 2008 | 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

updates please
Old Apr 14, 2008 | 11:15 PM
Evolved Member

updates
Old Apr 15, 2008 | 06:36 AM
Former Sponsor

We had some more weather related issues to deal with this past weekend. With a Tornado touching down, not far from our location, along with this cold weather it set us back a few days. We did manage to fab-up our Prototype #4. We are planning on testing it maybe this evening, if we can make arraingments with our Tuner. Comparing our last prototype #3 with this new Proto #4 is pointless. This new proto#4 is in a different league as #3 was. We made good power with #3, I'd luv to give you numbers; but honestly we could have stopped at #3 and went straight to manufacturing it. It made that kind of power! But we knew we were on to something; so we decided to go the extra mile and redesign our prototype, and go forward with it instead. If you could see the two (#3/#4) side by side you would be amazed at how different they in fact are. We are expecting even bigger numbers with proto#4.
I appreciate all of you being patient, and letting us have the time to fully devleope this O2 dump. We think we are onto something here with our proto#4, and can make some numbers that will make a differnce in how your car makes power. I know; I have # 3 on my Evo right now and it does make a big difference. Proto #4 should even upstage that hopefully in a big way.
Some of you have commented on the sound this O2 dump will make. I can attest that it does in-fact growl but can be tame if you keep your foot out of it. We will make an effort to get some video/sound clips when we test out our #4.
Stay Tuned we are almost there, I know it's been a long road but we are at the point where we can start our manufacturing process when #4 is fully tested.
If any of you have any questions just PM me or email me. I'll be contacting our Tuner to see if he is available this evening for a test session. Maybe tomorrow/or the next day we will have big news. Until then.......May the Boost be with You !

Last edited by Q@EvoPowerMods; Apr 15, 2008 at 06:52 AM.
Old Apr 15, 2008 | 06:41 AM
SME
Evolved Member

Nice I cant wait to hear this!
Old Apr 15, 2008 | 06:46 AM
Evolved Member

More power!?
Old Apr 15, 2008 | 07:07 AM
Evolved Member

So far so good Thanks for the update.... Keep them coming...
Old Apr 15, 2008 | 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Street Tuners
We had some more weather related issues to deal with this past weekend. With a Tornado touching down, not far from our location, along with this cold weather it set us back a few days. We did manage to fab-up our Prototype #4. We are planning on testing it maybe this evening, if we can make arraingments with our Tuner. Comparing our last prototype #3 with this new Proto #4 is pointless. This new proto#4 is in a different league as #3 was. We made good power with #3, I'd luv to give you numbers; but honestly we could have stopped at #3 and went straight to manufacturing it. It made that kind of power! But we knew we were on to something; so we decided to go the extra mile and redesign our prototype, and go forward with it instead. If you could see the two (#3/#4) side by side you would be amazed at how different they in fact are. We are expecting even bigger numbers with proto#4.
I appreciate all of you being patient, and letting us have the time to fully devleope this O2 dump. We think we are onto something here with our proto#4, and can make some numbers that will make a differnce in how your car makes power. I know; I have # 3 on my Evo right now and it does make a big difference. Proto #4 should even upstage that hopefully in a big way.
Some of you have commented on the sound this O2 dump will make. I can attest that it does in-fact growl but can be tame if you keep your foot out of it. We will make an effort to get some video/sound clips when we test out our #4.
Stay Tuned we are almost there, I know it's been a long road but we are at the point where we can start our manufacturing process when #4 is fully tested.
If any of you have any questions just PM me or email me. I'll be contacting our Tuner to see if he is available this evening for a test session. Maybe tomorrow/or the next day we will have big news. Until then.......May the Boost be with You !

Sounds great Q. I was beside you yesterday in my 3series Wagon (Red with black 19's) I rolled down the window and could here exhaust leak sound out of the dump you guys were referring too earlier. I'm sure when you swap to version 4.0 you will see the cause. I'll give you a hint: It has nothing to do with the wastegate puck, and it's very easy to remedy
Old Apr 15, 2008 | 03:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
whats next ? prototype #5...lol..j/k..Good work guys. Hopefully its worth it in the end. I applaud you for your dedication and perfection for such a small but useful modification.

Old Apr 17, 2008 | 07:10 AM
Evolving Member

Bump for updates. I want this!
Old Apr 17, 2008 | 09:06 AM

This sounds real cool... would love to hear some clips...
Old Apr 17, 2008 | 10:00 AM
Former Sponsor

This is the moment you all have been waiting for; we tested our Prototype # 4 last night. We were very pleased with the results and all of our hard work and effort finally paid off.

We saw a 14 horse power gain, moreover the graph showed an across the rev zone power increase. Especially in the sweet spot of the rev-zone; gains were very noticeable. We were confident that #4 would perform but we were very pleased when we saw the steady increase in power from down low, across the sweet spot and even up top, power was made by this proto #4 everywhere in the rev-zone. Torque was also increased by a comparable amount, again especially in that sweet spot where torque and HP work together to make big power our O2 dump showed what it can do to help your Evo perform.
Also Spool up was noticeably increased, meaning that boost was made earlier and full boost was realized sooner. This benefit teamed with the power increase shows that our O2 Dump will make a big difference in how your Evo makes big power. The Turbo needs to be able to Exhale to make power; our proto #4 shows that turbo now has the ability to breathe properly.
Along with these 2 very important benefits our O2 Dump now gives you much more room to tune with. Your ECU Tuner will have more to work with and be able to bring out the full potential of your other modifications.

I’m enclosing 4 graphs that show our pulls last night. All show steady HP/Torque gains across the rev zone; comparative analysis between the 4 graphs will show consistency.

Next I’ll give you a couple of pictures of our O2 Dump, we are careful with our design as we have worked very hard on our R&D. With that said you can see #4 is on my car and get an idea of what it looks like. We are hesitant to show our #4 right now for proprietary reasons.

Lastly some of you had wanted to hear and view some Video/Audio clips of our O2 Dump in action. Our team did just that last night after our testing session, we are compiling these as I write this and we should have those uploaded as soon as possible. I frankly love the sound, someone commented about a growl and to me that best describes the sound #4 makes. I think the sound is awesome as it comes on hard and fast and has 2 different tones. However everyday driving will not see an increase in sound, only when you get into it will you hear our O2 dump in action. We have worked awfully hard to overcome many issues and pitfalls. Our O2 Dump will work with your factory lower intercooler piping. We have tried very hard to take into account every know and unknown issue that might come up. With #4 we have achieved our goal and will be soon offering this for sale to the public.

We hope you are able to get some info on our O2 Dump through this summary. As soon as we get the additional info (vids/audio/graphs/Tuner’s summary) we will post those up. Again any questions just feel free to Email or PM me. We will be coming out with the purchase info in the next day or 2. We are trying to keep the cost at or around $250.00 +shipping on these.
Thanks for being patient and allowing us the time for our R&D so that we could get every ounce of power out of this part. Stay Tuned for more info and even more EvoPowerMods in the near future.

Last edited by Q@EvoPowerMods; Apr 17, 2008 at 10:06 AM.
Old Apr 17, 2008 | 10:14 AM
Evolved Member

im ordering one as soon as they come out...ive been waiting for this....
good job!!
Old Apr 17, 2008 | 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

Very nice indeed!!!
Old Apr 17, 2008 | 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

14 WHP...I'm speechless! I guess I better start counting up my money. I'd like to get one soon, but I may be forced to buy one a little further down the road. Maybe this'll take me to 340+ WHP on a dynojet, but I won't know until I get one. Very exciting! Thanks for the big update! We all appreciate it.

Last edited by Burklow; Apr 17, 2008 at 11:12 AM.

Quick Reply: No 02 Dump in the market?