Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

No 02 Dump in the market?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2007 | 08:56 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You cant beat an actual 40+mm EWG sound. The internal routed to Atmos is just a noise maker. Doesnt sound as good. Sounds like an EWG under water.
Old Nov 6, 2007 | 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Danner
You cant beat an actual 40+mm EWG sound. The internal routed to Atmos is just a noise maker. Doesnt sound as good. Sounds like an EWG under water.
not from what i have seen; they usually sound pretty BA... and it's not just a noise maker... it helps eliminate boost creep and has some gains as well.
Old Nov 6, 2007 | 11:24 AM
Evolved Member

I got a call today, and to my surprise it was Walker at MPFab! Called me up to say he looked into it to see how the product should look and whatnot. What he is going to do is modify an ebay 02 housing to dump, which Im perfectly happy with. He has 2 customers thats suppose to be going there within the next 2 weeks and fab something up for them. When he completes that he is going to save the jig to make more so he told me to call him up in 2 weeks to see the progress of where he is at and we will go from there! Big + for great customer service!

I will post up my results also with updates in the next upcomming weeks.

Dan

PS- Big thanks to Walker from MPFab and seriously I wish they did turbo kits for the Evo's as they have some SERIOUSLY good customer service!

MPFab FTW!
Old Nov 6, 2007 | 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

I know it wasnt a 16g, it was just the point I was trying to get across.
Old Nov 6, 2007 | 01:31 PM
Evolving Member

ill buy one also
Old Nov 6, 2007 | 01:34 PM
Evolved Member

We should get a groupe buy list going on. I'm sure they'll be cheaper if he makes 50-60 and we ALL buy them. I'm sure if he just makes a few, they'll be expensive.
Old Nov 6, 2007 | 02:00 PM

ill make them cheap and however you guys want them , let me know what exactly you want and ill let you know if i can do it, i have an evo friend that i can use his car for mockup , cause altho mines got a evo9 20g i have much more room
Old Nov 6, 2007 | 02:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 90GSXDan
I got a call today, and to my surprise it was Walker at MPFab! Called me up to say he looked into it to see how the product should look and whatnot. What he is going to do is modify an ebay 02 housing to dump, which Im perfectly happy with. He has 2 customers thats suppose to be going there within the next 2 weeks and fab something up for them. When he completes that he is going to save the jig to make more so he told me to call him up in 2 weeks to see the progress of where he is at and we will go from there! Big + for great customer service!

I will post up my results also with updates in the next upcomming weeks.

Dan

PS- Big thanks to Walker from MPFab and seriously I wish they did turbo kits for the Evo's as they have some SERIOUSLY good customer service!

MPFab FTW!
two weeks is gonna seem like an eternity. should i make a group buy thread ? im scared of getting flamed if theres already one.lol.
Old Nov 6, 2007 | 02:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 02rsturbo
ill make them cheap and however you guys want them , let me know what exactly you want and ill let you know if i can do it, i have an evo friend that i can use his car for mockup , cause altho mines got a evo9 20g i have much more room
basically make this
out of this
Old Nov 6, 2007 | 02:54 PM
Evolved Member

I think if you make the dump tube seperate from the turbine exit, that way if it doesn't fit somebodys specific set-up, they can cut some off the dump tube, and clamp on flexable exhaust tubing.

That DSM o2 dump looks like the dump tube is connected to the turbine exit.
Old Nov 6, 2007 | 09:14 PM
Evolved Member

just pmed jnz tuning ! i saw they did custom fabrication so i figured why not give it a shot. hope to hear good news.
Old Nov 7, 2007 | 03:11 AM
Evolved Member

Didn't even realize that there wasn't an external dump o2 housing on the market as of yet....odd. I'm going to do some preliminary sketches/measurements today. I'll get more info up soon...
Old Nov 7, 2007 | 07:10 AM
Evolved Member

i can't wait
Old Nov 7, 2007 | 07:33 AM
Evolved Member

Finally!
Old Nov 7, 2007 | 04:24 PM
Evolved Member

ya'll can thank me for giving jnz this link. loljk. i have faith in their work and cant wait to see their fabrication !

Quick Reply: No 02 Dump in the market?