Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Lookin for some info on ACCEL EMS

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2007, 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lookin for some info on ACCEL EMS

Ok so my friend buys this turbo eclipse that actually had a neon motor swap done to it instead of using the original 2.2 i think it is. Anyway i guess the kid he bought it off had try to get this accel ems to work on it but ended up only causing him problems because you need to switch over so many censors to make it work for him. What i am wondering is if it is based for GM cars are there any censors that i can get from it ? Theres a few that look nice lol that id like to know what they are. If so ill get a picture up if anyone will have any idea on it. He gave it to me to see what i can do with it sell it use it or w/e so if i dont have to spend any money on say a gm map sensor or anything i can get off that id rather do that.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 08:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Accel ems usually runs all its own sensors, most are general motors sensors and it is a very basic number of them required. List of sensors goes water temp, air temp, manifold surface tem(same sensor as water) map sensor,tps sensor(GM or Ford) O2 sensor(bosch narrow band or accel wideband) crank and cam trigger. The big issue with Accel is it does not support coil on plug or wasted spark generally requires a distributor. None of the factory sensors can be used unless it is a GM car. The coil on plug issue can be fixxed by using the F.A.S.T. coil on plug ignition controler if need be, besides that the only true EMS's that are not so pricey and easily obtainable are AEM and FAST that control C.O.P. with it costing a fortune. Job Spetter jr. from Turbo People of NY has designed his own ems that even has full multi stage boost control that we shall be testing soon.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

Ok so with all those censors on the harness and knowing which one is which can i in use them say for example the water temp censor. Can i take that one and use it as my own water temp sensor for a gauge ? Or if i have a wideband o2 sensor i could use that one as a second or back up seeing i have one already. Same for the rest like air temp, manifold temp, and the map sensor. Im really interested in the map censor if its usable for my car instead of having to buy a 3 bar or 5 bar gm map sensor.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 09:55 AM
Evolving Member

the map with the accel is allways a GM the rest of the sensors are all 5 volt output for ecu only so you could not run them to guages and the wideband you allready have will not work with the Accel. Accel is one of the few companies that do not allow the option for alternative o2 inputs only theirs and their wide band kit os roughly 600 bucks along with the adapter to use the bosch o2 instead of the ntk sensor.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 10:06 AM
Evolved Member

Well thats dissapointing. lol. I have the full wiring harness, ecu and the the entire set of directions in a binder. lol. I guess i really have no use for it then. I was just trying to see if i could get anything out of it. I dont want to use the Accel just to clarify that if anyone thought that. Just wanted to see if i could cut and splice some senors if there were any that i could use. How do i know if the map sensor is 3 bar or 5 bar ? Any way to know or do i just have to hook it up and find out ?
Old Oct 31, 2007, 11:14 AM
Evolving Member

accel only offers and supports 1,2,and 3 bar maps, if you are not going to use it I may know some people interested in it depending on what model dfi it is and what it was set up for originally. I can also send it out through Job and have the ecu reflashed to the newest firmware if its a gen 7
Old Oct 31, 2007, 11:20 AM
Evolved Member

It is the newest version out i checked the serial numbers out when i first got it. I can check it out and post up the specs when i get home if you would like.