Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

JESTR: where are you ;-)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2007, 09:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by App420
how would it be "worth the wait" if you are driving on high boost for 3 weeks and knocking? thats downright risking your engine because someone cant pm you back?
Guys, if a car is having knock issues and the boost is too hi, all you have to do is turn the boost down until you get it tuned.
It is not hard to lower the boost. Cold weather can and will have an effect on boost and A/F's.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 04:39 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
M3 flashes control the boost through the factory boost solonoid. If he has this type of flash, then you can't just "turn the boost down untill it's tuned"
Old Nov 19, 2007, 05:43 PM

I was going to have them set me up with a tune but after reading this Im having second thoughts.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 05:49 PM
Account Disabled

I have no second thoughts about Jestr. I E-mailed him last night, and he responded today. I am looking forward to my tuning session at CST
Old Nov 19, 2007, 05:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TempeRacerGuy
M3 flashes control the boost through the factory boost solonoid. If he has this type of flash, then you can't just "turn the boost down untill it's tuned"
really? i feel like tuning for an mbc isnt hard, and jestr will do it either way upon request.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 06:09 PM
Account Disabled

whether jestr will tune it either way is besides the point... if the OP has an M3 flash which controls the factory boost solonoid, he can't just "turn the boost down" as one poster had recomended.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 06:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by TempeRacerGuy
whether jestr will tune it either way is besides the point... if the OP has an M3 flash which controls the factory boost solonoid, he can't just "turn the boost down" as one poster had recomended.
This member with the boost spikes you keep talking about is not the original poster on this thread. The original poster was requesting a new tune.

This member with the boost spikes has the capability himself of turning down the boost even if he has an M3 flash. Here is a quote:

#48 raiceboi697 vbmenu_register("postmenu_4901465", true);
Evolved Member
Personal Sales Rating: (8)

Drives: family car

i had a similar problem when i did my cossie cams, up the idol and it should help the problem. i used ecu flash and just bumped my idol to like 1000 on the warmed up setting or like 1300 on the cold start setting....worked for me just an idea

It looks like he has ECU Flash and has been using it to make several changes himself in the ECU. If he can access the ECU and Flash it, he can control boost, or any other parameter.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 07:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
i can control the boost but when i pay for a product when i am deployed and cant get the next map after a log like i and world one talked with him about i am a lil up set, i pay for a product where if anything needs to be changed i should be able to get it changed because thats how the M1 flash is suposed to work(Note: You will get receive 4-5 updated images if the state of tune we send is not behaving properly (Logs required). Any support requests after the first month will require our Subscription service. ) straight from his website. i never got the second map and i dont know enough nore have the time to go and figure things out with ECU flash. i looked up the cam issue on the ECU flash forum so i could get my idol right, as well as scale my injectors which wasnt done with my E Flash and both were told to jester in the e mail from world one so he could compensate for them in the tune andmake everything copasetic. over all i was very disapointed on what i had heard was a great product from a very reputable tuner

Last edited by raiceboi697; Nov 19, 2007 at 10:17 PM.