Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Winged Warrior IV. Speed Challenge and Carshow '08

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2007, 05:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation Winged Warrior IV. Speed Challenge and Carshow '08

I have been getting emails/pm's about the WWIV event.

YES it will be happening next year, and YES it will be at O'Reilly Raceway Park again, (Formerly Indianapolis Raceway Park). I have the date, and the events, but I'm not talking yet! Have a meeting of the "minds" real soon to go over the details, but I can assure you this: MORE "Timed" EVENT(S), MORE FUN, MORE RAISED for the kids at Riley Hospital for Children!! If you were there at ANY of the WW Events, put some advice down on how you would like to see things "differently." Got to keep the concept the same, and just make a few slight "tweaks" from this years event. I and the others have great ideas to make it more CLOSE/EXCITING/FUN this time around. More soon!!

www.wingedwarrior.net is the site, but the website is getting re-vamped now, so there is not much to see at the present time.

Here is the "EVENT INFORMATION" from WWIII. NOT FROM WWIV, just to give you ideas on "what" we do.
As some may know, and for those who don't, this event is for the kids at Riley Hospital for Children-Here in Indianapolis. For whatever reason, those kids were dealt a bad blow early on in their lives, and because of that, we are coming together, as an automobile community, to roll up our sleeves, tighten the chin-strap on our helmets, and go out there and RIP IT UP on the track, and raise alot of money for those kids!!

Here is how we are going to spend the day:

It is an Import vs Domestic Shootout, to see "Who has what", in terms of strait-line acceleration, braking, cornering, and overall handling the event tasks given them. This year we are changing the events a bit, to keep it EXCITING to both Participate in, and to WATCH!! The pace and events will be fast, and will be the most fun you can have, and you should go home at the end of the day, with a warm heart, and a grin that won't wipe off!!

Number of cars: The field will be bigger this year, whereas we will have 130 cars. (65 for TEAM IMPORT/65 FOR TEAM USA) Registration will be open for a couple months, to get everyone who wants to compete, a change to enter the "pool" of participants. Teams will be selected at that time, to be evenly matched, in their classes.

Racing Events:

1. Auto-x. Each team member has 3 passes on a large autox course. This event you will race for lowest time/fastest run, which will count for the team.
2. Dragrace: You will have 5 passes down the dragstrip, with LOW E.T. being the time you keep for the team.
3. Carshow for Racers: Your car will be parked and judged and scored. This is your "break time" to go look around/eat/take in the cars in the GENERAL carshow, etc...

This is a "TEAM" effort, whereas 65 cars compete for points for their team, and at the end of the day, we will crown one team: "Winged Warrior III Speed Challenge Champions!" Either Team USA, or Team IMPORT.

There will also be individual battles. Your Team USA class, will be pitted against the same class on the Team IMPORT side! We will award trophies to each class 1st/2nd/3rd.

The Car/Motorcycle/racecar/exotic/truck show will be going on the grounds at the same time, and there will be LOTS of trophies/Prizes there as well, plenty of Vendors, food drink and more fun on that side as well. If you are considering Vending/Sponsoring, let us know as the spaces are filling up.

This is just an update on how we are running things for this event, and how things are going to work out for this year.

More to follow on this, but Friday, May 11th, we will be having our TECH inspection at O'Reilly Raceway Park for the cars selected to compete in the WWIII. We will also be allowing some Test and Tune on the DRAGS that evening as well. Track will be open till Midnight, the day before our event.

There is alot more to mention, and they will come out shortly, just don't wan't to get too wordy yet!! We are going to do something special for the kids in the hospital as well, you surely will think is special as well. Again, more details out soon. Go sign up and enjoy everything on the site!!

Last edited by smokedmustang; Oct 31, 2007 at 05:52 PM.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 05:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like alot of fun smoke. Plus its for a good cause
Old Oct 31, 2007, 07:04 PM
Evolving Member

I can't wait. Planning on (hopefully) racing this time around, and hopefully bringing my 2-year-old that really digs cars.

I can't wait!
Old Oct 31, 2007, 08:40 PM
Evolved Member

Alright. Missed WWIII because I was out in Iraq, but I'm back and ready to help raise some money and have fun doing it.

Hope I get picked to run in WWIV. If I don't, I'll still be there to watch and donate. Looking forward to seeing what new events will be brought to the table.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 02:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Invoice EVO
Alright. Missed WWIII because I was out in Iraq, but I'm back and ready to help raise some money and have fun doing it.

Hope I get picked to run in WWIV. If I don't, I'll still be there to watch and donate. Looking forward to seeing what new events will be brought to the table.
WELCOME HOME AGAIN!! Glad you made it back OK, and thanks for serving our Country! That are worth a "provisional" spot no? I will keep you posted real soon. Registration won't open till Jan '08. So far, each time we have done this event we have TRIPLED the amount we have given for the kids, so I am looking for a HUGE event for this next one!

Last edited by smokedmustang; Nov 1, 2007 at 02:27 AM.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 06:25 PM
Evolving Member

Bump for a great cause! It's worth every dime and second spent. You don't know how much we and the kids thank you for putting this on each year!
Old Nov 1, 2007, 06:58 PM
Evolving Member

Amen, such a good event, and so much fun that I sometimes forget it IS for the kids, because I am having so much fun.

It's a win-win situation, with the kids hopefully getting the better of it. Nothing but love for this event and all it stands for.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks guys!! I have a great time each year!!! It is a true Win-Win!!
Old Nov 1, 2007, 07:41 PM
Evolving Member

Alrighty, if I get my car down here and I'm still at school (I need the date!), I'll be there. Bought RA-1's the other week, it's time for slotted rotors, and I'll be tracking at Putnam Park in the spring. Seeya!
Old Nov 1, 2007, 08:45 PM
Evolved Member

I hope to see an unlimited class there this year I don't want to miss this fun event with such a great cause behind it.
Old Nov 2, 2007, 02:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DragNRacing
I hope to see an unlimited class there this year I don't want to miss this fun event with such a great cause behind it.
Hey Trev! I am sure there will be an "Unlimited" class this time around, so wax the car and get ready!! More later, but keep the ideas coming in, on what else you would like to see.
Old Nov 2, 2007, 06:41 AM
Evolved Member

How about a Time Trial event at Putnam?
Old Nov 3, 2007, 05:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by broeli
How about a Time Trial event at Putnam?
I have chewed on that idea...................
Old Nov 3, 2007, 06:06 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Cant wait Kev!

It was a GREAT event last year! Raised a lot of money for the kids and the racing was a blast!

Hopefully I can run it again (and make it there with my motor in one piece )
Old Nov 3, 2007, 07:14 AM
Evolved Member

MiEvo FTW!! You guys had a strong representation last year, wouldn't expect anything less for next year from my home boyz!

Quick Reply: Winged Warrior IV. Speed Challenge and Carshow '08