Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Anyone saw the Import Tuner Challenge??

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2007, 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like how the Mini Cooper S according to the show only has 118hp....the same as the regular Mini....stats seem askew if you ask me.
Old Feb 2, 2008, 07:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I saw most of these episodes just recently (Tivo). The Evo came in second since the Focus team put in a full-race Ford engine and made 301% more power from stock and Sony awesomed the interior. Also, improving on the Evo's already great brakes is difficult.

My questions are these: why did the Evo roast a coil? And what was the build-out list on the Evo? Skunk2 did the work...
Old Feb 2, 2008, 07:58 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah skunk 2 does a lot of Honda work and the guy known as the Doc doesnt really have an Evo tuning degree. He fried like 4-5 coils during the whole series. I wonder what he was using an AEM. Plus the Peak Boost kit that Ken brought should have made a lot more power, maybe they had to run **** 91 oct...
Anyway great build up for a track car but went overboard for a street care they left out fixing up the inside and settled for a box to drop in the trunk and one ugly head unit, yeah it had Blue tooth but it stilll was ugly as hell. You cant do that with a contest that also involves a macked out inside as well.
Old Feb 2, 2008, 05:25 PM

yeah im pretty sure they said the mini was awd if it is thats news to me
Old Feb 2, 2008, 05:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 04blksnake14
yeah im pretty sure they said the mini was awd if it is thats news to me
I could have sworn I saw one episode explaining the new engine they put into it and hacking out the bottom for an AWD drivetrain?

Someone confirm I'm not imagining things...
Old Feb 3, 2008, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I admit I fast-forwarded through much of the mini since I wasn't interested. But I do know they couldn't get it to generate any power over like 3000 rpm or something because they couldn't figure out how to hack the management system.

I'm thinkin' the whole show is weak sauce. Now there's a new version coming with a GT-R, according to my Tivo? Wonder who they'll have screw that up and how...