Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Car accident last night...need advice

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2007, 01:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Evo23IG
I actually drove by your car right after it happened, DAM the car is totaled. I was driving a black H2 Hummer. As far as insurance goes, they will cover it. Atleast you are alive and nobody else hit you. Your car came to rest in a bad position, somebody could of easily T-Boned you. Anyhow good luck with accident, don't worry the insurance will cover it in the end.
Is it really totaled from the way you saw it ? I was very disoriented and in shock to see the extent of the damage from what I can remember the front was ****ed real bad didnt get a chance to look at side since traffic was comming.... COPS didn't even take me home.. dropped me off at a train station...
Old Nov 11, 2007, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

Glad you're alive dude, but do you have pictures of your car? Mostly likely an accident that bad and your car being that old, insurance will considere it totalled. You should be covered with no worries, I mean the guy's car you drove was your father's.

Where on the FDR did this happen? I know the FDR pretty well and for you to lose control with traffic around you is sort of hard to believe.
Old Nov 11, 2007, 02:37 PM

your insurance company is probably reading this thread now.
Old Nov 11, 2007, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by myev0sneezes
You said you're 19 years of age. Most people that own an evo at this age usually pay somewhere around 6k+ a year or they're under their parents policy. Well thats what ive seen on the forum. Just thought your situation was kind of odd. Dont think im attacking you or anything, just found it peculiar.
nah dude i didnt think you were attacking me... i just wanted to know why
also, my bad for putting 3200... its actually 3,900 a year. i dont know why i was thinking 3200. anyway, i think a lot of it has to do with where you live at also
Old Nov 11, 2007, 03:56 PM
Evolving Member

dun freak out , jsut give the info about what has happened to the car
dun get fishy and make insurance think that u shouldnt be covered
Old Nov 11, 2007, 04:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Vrip
Im not sure if you guys are familiar with the FDR in manhattan those of you who do drive that road might understand... the road is filled with crap on the floor big potholes and crappy road
Now tell me something, where exactly on the FDR did you wipe out?

I mean I've zoomed down the FDR in my EVO many times, and know that there are certain sections where you should slow down, even in an EVO....

so where did the crash take place??? right after you got off the GWB? or right at the merge by 125th street?

Last edited by Blue Evo 8; Nov 11, 2007 at 04:10 PM.
Old Nov 11, 2007, 04:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2 up ^^^^
Is this written in Ebonics?
Old Nov 11, 2007, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Blue Evo 8
Now tell me something, where exactly on the FDR did you wipe out?

I mean I've doomed down the FDR in my EVO many times, and know that there are certain sections where you should slow down, even in an EVO....

so where did the crash take place??? right after you got off the GWB? or right at the merge by 125th street?
right before the Brooklyn bridge
Old Nov 11, 2007, 04:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EvoJoeIX
nah dude i didnt think you were attacking me... i just wanted to know why
also, my bad for putting 3200... its actually 3,900 a year. i dont know why i was thinking 3200. anyway, i think a lot of it has to do with where you live at also
who is your insurance company. iam 24 with a clean record, no tickets or accidents and i pay 3700 on my own policy. that is the absolute lowest in my area which is your area.
Old Nov 11, 2007, 04:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Vrip
right before the Brooklyn bridge

Right before the Brooklyn Bridge I see.... were you going northbound or southbound?

If its northbound then I know around there there are some bumps, potholes on the middle and slow lanes

But if its on the southbound side then I'm and dont know what to tell ya since the road on the southbound side there is smooth, right before entering the Brooklyn bridge......

But in any case.....I think there is some missing info here.....but i am trying to with hold judgement
Old Nov 11, 2007, 04:17 PM

So, You are totally un-insured? Meaning, You are not even on your fathers policy? I could see where this would be right now if you had hit another car, UN-INSURED!!!!!!
Old Nov 11, 2007, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

A the least I'm glad to hear that you are OK.

But........

-No offense but it's kind of odd for a 21 year old not to have their own insurance policy.

-An Evo isn't the greatest car to be driving with only just over a year of licensed driving experience.

-I'm sure the insurance company will be looking at that 4:00AM accident time as well.

-70 MPH is speeding no matter how fast the flow of traffic is going since NYC speed limits do not exceed 55 MPH.

I do hope you make out with the insurance and at the minimum learn some humility.
Old Nov 11, 2007, 07:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by j3ffw19
who is your insurance company. iam 24 with a clean record, no tickets or accidents and i pay 3700 on my own policy. that is the absolute lowest in my area which is your area.
oh no, this is what i was quoted from progressive insurance. i didnt say i am on my own policy, i said thats how much it WOULD be if i was. im accually fortunate enough to where my parents allow me on their policy, so it helps me save money for a house someday.
Old Nov 11, 2007, 11:58 PM
Evolved Member

i would like to know how you suddenly lose control of an evo.
Old Nov 12, 2007, 12:07 AM

trying to put that AWD to the limits?

Quick Reply: Car accident last night...need advice