Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Locked my keys in the Evo, best way to get in?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2007, 01:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I use a wedge and a stick. Pull back the window alittle and just hit the power lock button.

Im not responsible if you break something cause you suck but that is how i have done it.
Old Nov 15, 2007, 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Jackyll
We tried that key fob + cell phone trick at school one day and it didn't work. Might work for some but it definately doesn't work for all. When I locked my keys in the car, called the police to see if they'd send someone out, but they said if it wasn't an emergency (car running, kids in car, etc) I'd have to call a tow truck company or AAA. After they came and got it open, I went straight to the hardware store and had 2 keys made for like $1 a piece or something. One for the wallet, one at home.
Worked for me.
Old Nov 15, 2007, 04:18 PM

Man call your local Mitsi dealer give them the vin and they will cut you a key that will unlock the car. It will not start it so dont use it as a spare key. $3.00 tops. This is a much better solution.
Old Nov 16, 2007, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by SWOLN
If you had the spare keyless entry fob at home, and if you have someone at home with the spare keyless entry fob. One could have that person at home, press the unlock button, and send the signal through the phone, to your cel phone. The signal will travel through the phone to unlock your car, as you point the speaker of your cell phone at the car. That would unlock it.
I hope you are joking, and that you don't really believe this
Old Nov 16, 2007, 05:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Ive tried it with 4 different cars, Cell phones and house cordless phones. Mythbusted
Old Nov 16, 2007, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

Ya know on Dodge neons you can actually (seems strange) but you can bend the glass (seems really strange) but you can, I did it to my dads. First, it has to be down just a bit to get your fingers in and get a good grip and then pull hard. I had a cop tell my father when his neon got stolen a few yrs back. They said there was a local gang here in Denver that to get into the gang you had to steal a car, I think this kid got his head beat in when he brought my dads 190K 94' neon. LOL

Other than that I am liking the brick idea.
Old Nov 18, 2007, 10:21 PM

Remote will not open idling Evo

FYI - something that I found out the hard way. Here is what happened:

I was at an interstate rest stop after driving over mountains that caused me to exercise the turbo enough that I wanted the bearings to cool off while I paused "to refresh". I left the car running, and took my remote with me. When I returned; you guessed it, the remote would not unlock the car. I called my insurance company, with which I have towing insurance which also covers lockouts. After an hour-and-a-half, the rescue party showed up in his 60's Cadillac (seriously!).

The "locksmith" used a wedge comprised of a flexible metal "V" with a bladder on the inside of the V. The collapsed V was inserted (1-2") between the window door frame and body opening on the rear vertical side of the driver's door. The service person pumped up the bladder, which expanded the V. That bent the window frame away from the door opening enough that he could use a wood shaft to reach in and press the unlock button on the driver's armrest. Elapsed time after arrival: 3 minutes.

The experience caused me to have a key cut (actually, my wife, who has to rescue me if I can't get into my car, did) that does not have the chip that is in the stock key required to start the engine. It is hidden under the bodywork. I will use it if I lock my stock key inside the car (it's never happened again; really, I've never had to use it...)

And, oh yes, our Evo's are secure.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 05:42 AM
Evolved Member

i use a coat hanger lol but watch u dont scratch ur door like retart me
Old Nov 19, 2007, 07:44 AM
Evolved Member

you can handle one of 3 ways, break the window which will probably run you about $300 to $ 400 dollars to replace, 2 call mitsu to get you a key, 3 call a buddy with a slim jim and get that ***** open. good luck by the way how the hell dont you have a spare key? every evo comes with 2 sets of keys.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 09:14 AM

invest in a Compustar alarm

http://compustar.com/

you will never have to worry about that again, and you wont have to kill your car to open it! best investment i ever made! i have used the compnay for 6 years now, you want to get the compustar ss pro series