Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

How many of you are true die hard Evo fans

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2007, 10:09 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i've loved evos long before i was able to drive. I'm originally from Jamaica so I was lucky evough to see most the previous generations that were not sold in the states. For me to give up my evo, something really spectacular in all aspects (performance, looks, price, etc.) would have to come out and to be honest, the BMW doesn't really appeal to me as much as evos.
Old Nov 13, 2007, 10:13 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I have had a thing for the Evo for a while and would never go bimmer. BMW and Porsche are for old men. I nearly got into an accident following a 911 out of Starbucks because the guy driving it kept stalling it! Evo drivers have been, for the most part, polite and respectful, even of a lowly Lancer driver such as myself. And the Evolution seems to be so much more about enjoying the drive than getting bogged down talking about tradition, prestige and pedigree. I didn't like the X at first, but even that is growing on me. I was hoping to see one at the International Auto Show this past weekend but it was a no show. Looking at the brochure, I realised something about Evos. I usually don't like the newest model, not because of anything having to do with the car itself, but because they show it only in red most of the time. The black X in the brochure looks so much better. My point here is that I eventually become obsessed with anything Mitsu throws at us with the word "Evolution" on it and I see the seeds of obsession being planted now for the new X. No, I'll continue wanting an Evo until I get one, and when I do, I'm never getting rid of it if I can help it.
Old Nov 13, 2007, 10:14 AM
Evolved Member

Lets throw this out there....the "If money were no object" question:

Would you still own an Evo? My answer is an emphatic YES!

I would own an Evo, or multiple Evo's....not to mention a GTR, an R34,a Ferrari and any other vehicle that out performed its competition.

Hell, I might even have an STi if this were the case!

So realistically, people turning their backs on the Evo X isn't necessarily a bad thing, its just a matter of, you guessed it, Evolution!

Think about it this way, for everyone who despises the Evo X, there are going to be MANY people who Love it, without question.

So, in essence, we're losing some but gaining many.

The ultimate question is, in fact, is this a GOOD thing? Will we like having more than a handful of unsuspecting people buying the "top of the line Lancer" and joining the ranks? I dont think so, but you never know. This car was made for "broad appeal"
Old Nov 13, 2007, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

I definitely am, loved them since I can remember, rally-bred in europe, as I used to watch rallying growing up....I love evo's, it's really my dream car...even if I see a gt-3, viper, z06, etc on the road....i'm glad I'm still driving my evo...I REALLY dislike when people on here talk about nissans, honda's, etc....while I can respect them, I would never be caught dead in them over my car! It's garaged mostly during the week, has never seen snow, although it may this year just for fun...,it's not my dd and I would never drive it in the city during the week, too many A-hole drivers, I fear for it!
Old Nov 13, 2007, 10:24 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
when you can get a car in abouts the same price range thats faster and has just as good if not better control what do you think will happen.
who gives a rats about history, its the more bang for your buck that matters.
shoot I respect the history of our anciestors but I sure am not going to live without electricity and live like they did.
Old Nov 13, 2007, 10:27 AM
Evolving Member

Big fan.

Although I wouldn't overspend much for something just because I am a fan of it.

Being a fan of the previous evos doensn't mean I will be of the X.
I feel anyone or anything can always sell out. I still have yet to decide if I am fan of the x, I'll wait for more tunning imput.

The car I have now I'd love to keep forever, and will try to. I do appreciate cars that are more luxurious and ones that preformed better, the evo is a great comprimse with a true racing heritage.
Old Nov 13, 2007, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
I love the Evo but, after 4+ years of ownership it was time for something different. I do however appreciate what the car is and what it's about; the performance of the car and the racing history along with the relative value. Just because someone sells it doesn't mean they don't still appreciate it.

I came to the conclusion that even though the car offers incredible performance I wasn't using all of it's capabilities (driving to the limit) on the street very frequently (anyone who says they do is either a suicidal idiot or doesn't really understand the limits of their car) and I would be happier with a car that can do 95% of what the Evo does performance wise with way more creature comforts. Oh, and I got sick of some of the BS that comes with owning a car like it. Cops, every dumbass in the world trying to race on the street, etc...

I'm sure at some point I'll own an Evo again though just because it is such a great car.
Old Nov 13, 2007, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

i <3 mitsubishi for their creation.
Old Nov 13, 2007, 10:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by destro92179
When I say this I mean you appreciate the car for what it was in the past to what it has become now(evo X). A lot of people are moving on to the Bmw 335 or 135 or any car that basically has better performance specs currently. To me I would by an evo every chance I could purchase a new car.....even the evo X. We all waited years for an evo to drop in the states and now that they are bringing us every new generation people want to turn their backs because the 0-60 time is 4 tenths of a sec slower. The car was built to handle not drag......

nah...the next purchase I plan to buy would be more oriented for luxury..I will be planning on keeping the evo for track use only, not a DD/Track car like it is now.
Old Nov 13, 2007, 10:32 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MyEvoDream
I definitely am, loved them since I can remember, rally-bred in europe, as I used to watch rallying growing up....I love evo's, it's really my dream car...even if I see a gt-3, viper, z06, etc on the road....i'm glad I'm still driving my evo...I REALLY dislike when people on here talk about nissans, honda's, etc....while I can respect them, I would never be caught dead in them over my car! It's garaged mostly during the week, has never seen snow, although it may this year just for fun...,it's not my dd and I would never drive it in the city during the week, too many A-hole drivers, I fear for it!
it's the opposite for me. i respect the lancer heritage and the potential it's proven but i'd rather have the gt-(2 or 3), viper, and especially z06. can't beat the bang for the buck. stock it's usually the king of the road unless some 600 whp MODDED evo comes along
Old Nov 13, 2007, 10:35 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
this discussion is like how the indians respected mother nature and the history of their culture. They did not want to change even when something better came along. We all know what happened to the indians, white man took their land and the indians are a thing of the past. I think this is what will happen to the evo.
Starting with the evo X!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 13, 2007, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

i bought my evo in a kinda spur the moment kinda deal , i was really looking for a tt supra but couldn't find one here in north texas, after that evo got wrecked i got handed 25k cash since we paid the car off i went right back and ordered me another rally red evo but this time a 9.
Old Nov 13, 2007, 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I loved it since I owned my first honda. From accord to multiple civics to rsxs. Now my dream car. The all mighty evo. Even scc said the evo is more like the 911. Then the 911 is itself
Old Nov 13, 2007, 10:40 AM
Evolving Member

The first car i actually am keeping long enough to pay it off...
Old Nov 13, 2007, 10:50 AM
Evolved Member

I loved the Evo ever since Tommi Makinen drove the car how it was supposed to be driven (Evo 6.5). Ive dreamed of the day it would come to the states and in 2003 it did. I could never actually afford the Evo since Im 19 and a full time college student. However, I had a 2003 Lancer OZ in the past, a 4G63T powered DSM, and my current car is the new 2008 Lancer GTS. My mom drives a 2002 Lancer, My dad drives a 2006 Lancer and My brother drives a 2006 Lancer. We're pretty solid Mitsubishi Fans and I can see the Evo X in my driveway in the future. Ive studied and read all about the 4G63 since the Evo 6.5. It's just goin to be Gran Turismo until then.