Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

How many of you are true die hard Evo fans

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2007, 03:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hehe thanks!!! It was my wifes idea. We also had our photographer take pics of us driving off in the evo.

The evo's seriously been my dream car since I saw it in the Jackie Chan films (although I'm a jet Li fan FIRST). I could care less about the luxury or ***** out V8 TQ. The evo was within reach and my style. Never did I think I'd get one. But I got through college, got a good first job, better second job, and then got my 8. :P
Old Nov 13, 2007, 04:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kreeker
The x is nice, but it seems to be the one not being true to itself... It's not an evo imo if it's being catered towards any different market other then tuners...

even when the x comes, i will still be getting a IX
I'm gonna save your quote then email it to you in two years when you are driving one. Do a search from 2003 and you'll see that 9 out of 10 guys on this site talked mad crap about the EVO VIII before it came out. Now look at them. I've said it once and I'll say it again, if you hate the EVO X before it comes out you are a poser without vision.

It's called the evolution for a reason. You didn't think it would stay the same forever did you?
Old Nov 13, 2007, 04:59 PM
Evolving Member

ive loved the car for quite a long time but wouldnt have regarded myself as a fan until i owned one. but now that i do i love it more than anything and plan on keeping it forever, its gonna go in the collection as number 1 haha
Old Nov 13, 2007, 06:43 PM
Evolved Member

i love this car for its "simplicity" in modifying, ease on the wallet and what you get from the factory. But i have to say i would rather be driving my long gone 2000 audi s4 2.7t 6spd with stage III if i had unlimited patience and funds to keep it running properly...probably a pipe dream
Old Nov 13, 2007, 06:55 PM
Account Disabled

Exclamation

Originally Posted by sixfatbabies
id rather drive a hundai.......
Same here.

Damn Evo's and there stylishly good looks.
Old Nov 13, 2007, 08:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by smp3000
Ok I don't think I need to even say anything how about this... Groomsmen cake at my wedding.

haha...that's funny. I thought I was the only one with an Evo on a groomsmen cake. It was a 1:18 scale IX. I miss my Evo, so I stare at it everyday..lol.
Old Nov 14, 2007, 07:39 AM
Evolved Member

I've been crazy about the evo ever since I played grand turismo, the first one for Playstation.
Old Nov 14, 2007, 07:54 AM
Evolved Member

I absolutely love and adore the EVO, from the first generation to even the EVO X, even though I wish Mitsubishi could have helped me out a little more in defending it (EVO X) against so many critics.

I plan on having a EVO for the rest of my life, yup, I am dead serious. I may have other cars, but I will always have a EVO as part of my collection. If I won the lotto, the first thing I'd do (actually second thing), is buy a plane ticket, and drop my car off with David Buschur and say, do your best, money isn't a problem. Then I'd catch a plane ride back to Cali, and go to South Coast Mitsubishi and get me a Graphite Grey EVO IX MR and place an order on a EVO X. Then I'd go house shopping .

But in all honesty as much as I love Mitsubishi and the EVO I think my pure absolute hatred of everything Suba****aru is just as passionate. I hate STIs with a f*cken passion, everybody I know know's this too. Even before I had an EVO, I hated Subarus, I'm gonna have to stop typing, because I am getting too mad. I hate the absolute existence of the Subaru brand and wish it would just burn down. If there ever was a Subaru factory that burns down, probably was me .
Old Nov 14, 2007, 08:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 3000ways
I absolutely love and adore the EVO, from the first generation to even the EVO X, even though I wish Mitsubishi could have helped me out a little more in defending it (EVO X) against so many critics. ...
You can't get caught up arguing with people who don't know what they are talking about. Ask ANY professional driver if they would rather shave half a second off their 0-60 time (used primarily in the first lap or out of the pit), or shave half a second off EVERY turn. Let them do the math. The evo is made for all around speed, not hillbilly night at the 1/4.

Last edited by MrMeaner; Nov 14, 2007 at 08:16 AM. Reason: grammar
Old Nov 14, 2007, 11:10 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ask any evo owner using it on the streets if they rather shave seconds off corner turns or 0-60mph.
Do the math on number of us racing at a track or driving on the street.
people buy evo's because they are fast and cheap!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by MrMeaner
You can't get caught up arguing with people who don't know what they are talking about. Ask ANY professional driver if they would rather shave half a second off their 0-60 time (used primarily in the first lap or out of the pit), or shave half a second off EVERY turn. Let them do the math. The evo is made for all around speed, not hillbilly night at the 1/4.
Old Nov 14, 2007, 11:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lemmonhead
ask any evo owner using it on the streets if they rather shave seconds off corner turns or 0-60mph.
Do the math on number of us racing at a track or driving on the street.
people buy evo's because they are fast and cheap!!!!!!!!

No, posers and followers buy them cause they are fast and cheap. These cars are too well engineered to be clumped in with the wannabe srt4 and Cobalt SS "cheap and fast" category.

Just because you want to drive like a little old lady and feel good a 1/4 mile at a time doesn't mean that is what Mitsu or their very smart and experienced car designers had in mind. The Evo is a supercar in compact sedan clothing, all you gotta do is upgrade your "wardrobe".

This is an Evo ENTHUSIAST forum, not forum for guys who slightly enjoy cheap and fast cars.

Your turn.
Old Nov 14, 2007, 11:58 AM
Evolved Member

idk how loyal i am.....im into building it and goin fast im never attached to something...i got a 98 cobra also thats supercharged and my evos my baby but im not gonna tuck it into bed lol
Old Nov 14, 2007, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by MrMeaner
No, posers and followers buy them cause they are fast and cheap. These cars are too well engineered to be clumped in with the wannabe srt4 and Cobalt SS "cheap and fast" category.

Just because you want to drive like a little old lady and feel good a 1/4 mile at a time doesn't mean that is what Mitsu or their very smart and experienced car designers had in mind. The Evo is a supercar in compact sedan clothing, all you gotta do is upgrade your "wardrobe".

This is an Evo ENTHUSIAST forum, not forum for guys who slightly enjoy cheap and fast cars.

Your turn.
You feel the same way I do....Glad to see more"enthusiast's" on this website.
Old Nov 14, 2007, 12:11 PM
Evolving Member

I love my car!!
Old Nov 14, 2007, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
I've got a IX SE and I'd like to get a regular IX for a commuter, instead of some Kia or Hyundai or Scion etc., so yeah I LOVE Evo's!!!