Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

How many of you are true die hard Evo fans

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2007, 07:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How many of you are true die hard Evo fans

When I say this I mean you appreciate the car for what it was in the past to what it has become now(evo X). A lot of people are moving on to the Bmw 335 or 135 or any car that basically has better performance specs currently. To me I would by an evo every chance I could purchase a new car.....even the evo X. We all waited years for an evo to drop in the states and now that they are bringing us every new generation people want to turn their backs because the 0-60 time is 4 tenths of a sec slower. The car was built to handle not drag......
Old Nov 13, 2007, 07:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i loved the evos since i was 13(im 21 now)...but i just like going fast.im not loyal to any car or motor.ive had a dsm,vw,evo and a honda...my next car is gonna be a c5 Z06
Old Nov 13, 2007, 08:02 AM

id rather drive a hundai.......
Old Nov 13, 2007, 08:22 AM
chu
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'll drive anything thats fun, so it doesn't matter what it is.
Old Nov 13, 2007, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

When I purchased mine, I really wasn't even a "fan" per se. The car appealed to me just in terms of fun factor and bang for the buck.

I can tell you this, after a year of being on a road course with this thing, I am closer to being a true die-hard fan. Being able to outperform cars two and three times as expensive is indeed something to celebrate.

Every time I think of getting "something else" I just think of what it will take to outperform the Evo.

If I didn't have the chance to drive the car on a track as it was meant to, I would likely trade it for something more "mature", but the Evo gives me the best of both worlds which is a practical daily driver that is fun to drive on the streets, and a true track car that can't be touched for the money.
Old Nov 13, 2007, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

I hope tons of people go over to the bimmer side, this way theres less evos on the road. When i got my car in 05 an evo was a rare sight on the road.
Old Nov 13, 2007, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

Before I bought my Evo I had a 2002 Galant GTZ and I remember on that forum site Galant owners raving about the Evo coming to the States and how many were going to trade their Galant for an Evo. I didn't realize that I would be one of those people. I definitely don't regret it. I will admit though there are times that I wish I had the cruise control that I had in my Galant.
Old Nov 13, 2007, 09:14 AM
Evolved Member

I drive my evo when the weather is nice and i drive my 335 coupe and my 911 in crappy weather so...........i love my evo more . The BMW and the 911 gets driven by my wife and the evo dont cause its my baby. The evo is always shiny and waxed and the others are not.
Old Nov 13, 2007, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by CAD EVO
I hope tons of people go over to the bimmer side, this way theres less evos on the road. When i got my car in 05 an evo was a rare sight on the road.
Very true....
Old Nov 13, 2007, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

Im a die hard evo fan, I wouldnt trade my evo for anything! (Ok, Besides an R34 GT-R Skyline, or an extremly nice NSX ) I love evos! nothing gets me more excited then seeing another evo on the road n pulling next to them to talk, or going to meets n meeting other evo owners
Old Nov 13, 2007, 09:47 AM

I was a true evo fan but now that I own one I tend to look for something else.
Old Nov 13, 2007, 09:52 AM

Well, I just got my first Evo (a used IX MR), and I love it! I had been drooling over these cars for a few years, and finally am driving one. If I was ever going to change up from this car, it would be for a NIssan GT-R, but then again you have only two doors... And that's $80k versus $35k, so it's a big difference after all!

But I can definitely say this: Now that I own one, I am a bigtime Evo fan now.
Old Nov 13, 2007, 09:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im with Pure Playa. I have loved the Evo before FnF. I have read up on it and everything that the car could do and handle. When i decided to buy a new car i originally tried to sign for a yellow 03 Evo 8 but they wanted crazy money down and if i hadnt found the black one that night which was like a god send i wasnt buying a new car. I wish i had as many people around me that enjoy cars and evos as much as i do and like everyone in the dc area and midwest with buschur and ams. It seems everyone lives over there and gets together and has a great time with there cars.
Old Nov 13, 2007, 09:56 AM
Evolving Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
^^ exactly how i feel about mine i love it, i will be exicted when i get to meet another evo owner. I wash/wax it every week even when its raining or snowing in my garage.
Old Nov 13, 2007, 09:57 AM
Evolved Member

Ive been a fan since evo 6. I hardcore i know almost every part you can get for a evo 8 and 9. Ive droped over 28k in parts so im not letting this car go for some time.