Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

EVO 8 MR RS..... rare breed?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2007, 12:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JDMCT9MR
Sounds interesting.I didn't know that there were so many different versions in so many countries.It just shows you how we get the short end of the stick in the US.
I used to think that also, but if you compare the actual car price....the US has it made., look at how many younger people are driving evo's...in the philippines, evo's are sooooo expensive!!!!. same as europe...then there is the modding freedom that we get here.....most states anyway.....asfar as the lower performance...always ways around that so Im happy to get my evo here in the us.
Old Nov 15, 2007, 01:21 PM
Evolved Member

yes US spec Evos are a bit cheaper .

i got mine for $41k
Old Nov 15, 2007, 01:30 PM
Evolving Member

^^^^ do you guys get to play on that F1 track over there???? I was deployed there back in 2004 and LOVED the place...i miss it., o well....
Old Nov 15, 2007, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jenx1976
^^^^ do you guys get to play on that F1 track over there???? I was deployed there back in 2004 and LOVED the place...i miss it., o well....
yes we just held an event for ppl to test out their cars.
Old Nov 15, 2007, 04:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JDMCT9MR
Sounds interesting.I didn't know that there were so many different versions in so many countries.It just shows you how we get the short end of the stick in the US.
and you call your self "JDMCT9MR"?
Old Nov 15, 2007, 09:25 PM
Evolved Member

No kidding...You learn something every day. I never knew that they existed.
Old Nov 15, 2007, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Dead-Man Inc
Mine is an VIII MR RS 5 speed

Alluminum Roof, Bilstien shocks, Metal Bov, BBS wheels, And a 5 Speed Gear box.
it comes in power windows also, wing.
it's a Mix of GSR and RS and MR in the same time, all in one platform

GSR part - Power Windows, 5 speed.
RS Part - no radio and carpeting
MR Part - Bilstien shocks, BBS,metal Bov, Alluminum Roof
no radio? as in there is no speakers wired in to the car at at all? I see you're from bahrain , how much (price) would an evo 8 MR RS stock run in the UAE?

and are there anymore evo IX for sale?
Old Nov 15, 2007, 10:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jenx1976
I used to think that also, but if you compare the actual car price....the US has it made., look at how many younger people are driving evo's...in the philippines, evo's are sooooo expensive!!!!. same as europe...then there is the modding freedom that we get here.....most states anyway.....asfar as the lower performance...always ways around that so Im happy to get my evo here in the us.
But you also have to consider the exchange rate differences, and the cost of living!!
Old Nov 16, 2007, 12:03 AM

what about in terms of engine power and gearboxes for the 8 and 9 ? is there a huge difference?

especially on the ACD , AYC , EBD , ABS etc .....
Old Nov 16, 2007, 12:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
LOL. all you evo "fanboys" that didnt know about the MR RS and all the other trims. IIRC, theres even a automatic evo, the GT-A.
Old Nov 16, 2007, 02:00 AM
Evolved Member

GT-A was for VII, and there is wagon for IX, has code of CT9W rather than CT9A

US Spec VIII MR = JDM VIII GSR with JDM VIII MR GSR look. Not only does it not have the metal BOV, the titanium turbine wheel is not there either.

I think USDM IX MR = JDM IX GSR with BBS wheels, USDM IX MR SE = JDM IX GSR with JDM IX MR GSR look. It doesn't get the 155G titanium turbo, nor the Eibach springs, nor the adjusted MIVEC map.
Old Nov 16, 2007, 08:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evoIX_mafia
no radio? as in there is no speakers wired in to the car at at all? I see you're from bahrain , how much (price) would an evo 8 MR RS stock run in the UAE?

and are there anymore evo IX for sale?
yes no radio and no speakers in the car.
in Bahrain the Evos come with Warranties and Get Good support for your vehicle after you buy a car from them, for example, i just wanted a JDM IX rear and the dealer quoted me $350 only instead of their regular price because i bought from them ..
in UAE in the other hand it doesnt come with Warranties and their vehicles are usually a bit cheaper than Bahrain
i beleive UAE Sold the MR RS for $34k ... you won't find one though, i believe the MR package that got sold in the middle east is very limited.

Evo IX in the other hand, as I know in Dubai there are about 2 left in Stock at their dealer "White and a red one", don't know about the whole UAE, they might have few left there and there.

UAE also recieve US spec Evos. and they are cheaper .
Old Nov 16, 2007, 08:29 AM
Evolved Member

if anyone didnt knew the MR RS exsisted should Watch the Best Motoring Episode of the VIII MR ..

at the end, at Tsukuba battle they lined up all the MR packages, the MR GSR, the MR RS 6spd and the MR RS 5spd, against the Subarus
Old Nov 16, 2007, 08:33 AM
Evolving Member

Actually, not entirely true.

1. Habtoor Motors, the dealer, no longer has any more GSRs for sale. They are sold out. They do, however, have the RS models with no radio, no ABS, no EBD, no Enkeis (15" steelies), no Recaros (stock Lancer seats), no Brembos (looks like Lancer brakes)

2. Not all Evos sold by Habtoor are USDM. Mine is an EDM with a JDM ECU. My tuner, who flies in twice a year, has found that the IXs here are a mix of EDM and USDM models

3. The IX MR was never sold in any shape or form in the UAE. Only the IX GSR, GT and RS trims

You're right that we don't have warranties with our Evos, so most people who buy one go out and get modded in the first month of ownership
Old Nov 16, 2007, 08:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Dead-Man Inc
if anyone didnt knew the MR RS exsisted should Watch the Best Motoring Episode of the VIII MR ..

at the end, at Tsukuba battle they lined up all the MR packages, the MR GSR, the MR RS 6spd and the MR RS 5spd, against the Subarus

Also worth mentioning that the 6-speed MR RS had SAYC, while the 5-speed did not. SAYC appears to be standard with all 6-speed models in EDM and JDM trim

Quick Reply: EVO 8 MR RS..... rare breed?