Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Holding the value

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2007, 12:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The evo viii and ix are classics period!!! , this is the last generation of the 4g63, one of the most powerful over-engineerd 4 cyl powerplants in the world. remember in 2003 c&d and all the other mags were all over it the best steering, handling ,over any other car in its price range incl sti. the new x will be much different and more generic than the ix, so all you guys getting the x dont think a down pipe, ecu flash, and turning up the boost will yeild the same results as the ix it wont be that easy anymore.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 12:44 PM
Evolving Member

wait i sense a deviation to become another old evos vs Xs. I do agree with you but thats not the message of this thread. All im saying is we have the power to control the prices of our cars period. If everybody does it, everybody will benefit when its time to part from our babies.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 01:02 PM

I say we keep posting this thread on all the forums
Old Nov 19, 2007, 05:52 PM
Evolving Member

I am not impressed with the new Evo X at all. I read the brochure while waiting for my car to get the oil change done. Evo X is going to have some modification limitations because of the pedal shifters and RPM. Down-shifting will also be affected if you are trying to down-shift beyond the allowed RPM. Additionally, high HP upgrade will also affect something else as well, can't remember what, and didn’t have the interest to read to the end. Besides I don't like the way the look anyways.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 07:45 PM
Evolving Member

ttt
Old Nov 24, 2007, 07:36 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by cangriracing
wait i sense a deviation to become another old evos vs Xs. I do agree with you but thats not the message of this thread. All im saying is we have the power to control the prices of our cars period. If everybody does it, everybody will benefit when its time to part from our babies.
lol! if we all bump up the prices for the viii/ix's, it wont sell because the x will be out. that would suck for people that REALLY wants to sell their cars. if you want it to sell, you have to lower the price because the majority wont care about how great the 4g63 is
Old Nov 24, 2007, 07:41 PM
CGK
Evolving Member

I'm keeping my IX for as long as I can (knock on wood) so no resale issues coming from me, lol.
Old Nov 24, 2007, 08:39 PM
Evolving Member

I plan on keeping my 8, it is a good sized car, good interior, nice trunk and fantabulous passing power.
Old Nov 24, 2007, 08:40 PM
Evolving Member

I had to take off the wing and put it in my laundry room though. I don't appreciate the police/ricer attention.
Old Nov 24, 2007, 09:07 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
If you want the value of the cars to remain high, don't get in over your head, and dump them for cheap just to get the next greatest thing when you get bored or run out of money to afford to keep it..

This is the end of this particular generation of Evolutions, its basically the end of an era, and you will see these cars increase in value, as getting examples of cars in stock, or even modified but not abused, and in good condition is a very rare occasion. But all of this will take time..

For those who are just on the bandwagon until the next popular thing comes out.. Good luck and good riddence..
Old Nov 24, 2007, 09:09 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by JspecEfini
lol! if we all bump up the prices for the viii/ix's, it wont sell because the x will be out. that would suck for people that REALLY wants to sell their cars. if you want it to sell, you have to lower the price because the majority wont care about how great the 4g63 is
The CT9A is a different platform than the new Evo, there will be people who want this particular car over the new one. This is a niche car with a pretty hardcore following, and that won't change.. this is different than the kids who buy and sell their cars (losing thousands every time they trade in for something different, only to buy another Evo again) more often than they change their diapers.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 07:27 PM
Evolving Member

yep im keeping mine for a while, im only in bolt ons still has lots of potential left
Old Nov 29, 2007, 07:42 PM
Evolved Member

They hold value.....my car with 59k on the clock would sell at a dealer for $22k according to Blue Book. I bought it 2 years ago for $22,900. I'd say it holds value.
Old Nov 30, 2007, 04:20 AM
Evolving Member

+1 I couldn't agree more! Look at what dealers are selling for.QUOTE=MalibuJack;4987947]If you want the value of the cars to remain high, don't get in over your head, and dump them for cheap just to get the next greatest thing when you get bored or run out of money to afford to keep it..

This is the end of this particular generation of Evolutions, its basically the end of an era, and you will see these cars increase in value, as getting examples of cars in stock, or even modified but not abused, and in good condition is a very rare occasion. But all of this will take time..

For those who are just on the bandwagon until the next popular thing comes out.. Good luck and good riddence..[/QUOTE]