Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Holding the value

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2007, 12:49 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Holding the value

this explains much of it http://www.cars.com/go/search/search...l&aff=national
We have to do the same on the sales of this forum and we will be able to control the depreciation. Im concerned how much it will drop with the evo X but as i said we can do something about it. Dont sell these cars for cheap
Old Nov 19, 2007, 01:14 AM
Evolving Member

wow a couple months ago when I was looking for my evo here in CO, you could only find 2-3 for sale at a time in the entire state.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 01:41 AM
Evolving Member

everyone just put your evo for sale for 50k for now on. lol
just like the supra's did
Old Nov 19, 2007, 03:49 AM
Evolved Member

It's all about supply and demand. If many people, like myself, who plan to keep their Evo's for several years than the price may not drop that much in 5 years. Lucky for VII, VIII, and IX owners the X is a bit softer and built for a slighlty different market. I like the sharper performance of the IX that is why I bought it over an Acura TL and even the STI and that will be its selling point 10 years from now.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 05:32 AM
Evolved Member

are these prices for real? ...that is crazy, I mean, in a good way. I had mine up for sale but I COULD NOT DO IT. It seems as though I asked way too little as well. SWEET...
Old Nov 19, 2007, 06:03 AM
Evolving Member

This listing has a bunch of dealers with their marked-up prices. I wouldn't say it's indicitive of the market.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 06:35 AM
Evolving Member

You guys are nuts if you think those prices are reflective of what they are actually selling for. I've been shopping for an Evo the past 2 months and have found several 06s with low mileage for around $25k private party. Don't kid yourselves. It will only get worse when the the new Evo and Sti arrive.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 08:53 AM
Evolving Member

Well thats their bad im saying we have the control, how many evo owners read this forum out of the total number of cars? Im pretty sure its the majority. Well ok you saw a couple of evos being sold for cheap, doesnt matter we dont have to follow the trend of a handful, who here wants to loose money?, I know im not selling mine for at least 3 more years.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 09:01 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Yodobashi
You guys are nuts if you think those prices are reflective of what they are actually selling for. I've been shopping for an Evo the past 2 months and have found several 06s with low mileage for around $25k private party. Don't kid yourselves. It will only get worse when the the new Evo and Sti arrive.
I was reading your posts, apparently you dont even have an evo you just want them to be cheap to get a cheap one. I see you talk about saving money buying them and stuff. I love my evo and im very proud of having one, this is not common srt 4 or anything. Get the cheap evo you saw and be happy after you get to be an owner you wont be saying that their cheap cause that would be stupid.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 09:30 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by cangriracing
I was reading your posts, apparently you dont even have an evo you just want them to be cheap to get a cheap one. I see you talk about saving money buying them and stuff. I love my evo and im very proud of having one, this is not common srt 4 or anything. Get the cheap evo you saw and be happy after you get to be an owner you wont be saying that their cheap cause that would be stupid.
I don't really understand the point of your post. I used to have an Evo which I bought brand new and eventually sold on here.

I am now in the process of buying another one and am telling you from first hand experience that the prices people are asking both on here and on craigslist and autotrader and cars.com and anywhere else, are drastically more than what people are actually able to sell them for right now.

If you have to sell you have to sell. You can keep your price high but if there are 20 others out there with owners with comparable cars who are willing to take less, it doesn't do you any good.

For reference, some of the cars I have seen the past couple months:
- 06 GG MR with 17k miles for $25k
- 06 TB MR SE with 9k miles for $28k from a dealer
- 06 GG SSL with 6k miles for $25.5k from a dealer
- 06 TB SE with 11k miles for $25.5k from a dealer

All one needs to do is look at the listings in the For Sale section on here. There are some people having real trouble selling these things. Much like houses, its a buyers market.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 10:18 AM
Evolving Member

^exactly! and that was the first page, lol! try clicking on the next pages on cars.com and you will see more realistic prices. its like that for every car not just the evo!

and the evo is pretty damn common. nothing like the supra. it will be worth like 15k when the x officially releases here and continue to drop and possibly stay at around 8-10k. why?
because the X is also awd and turbo, and most importantly, superior.

Last edited by JspecEfini; Nov 19, 2007 at 10:24 AM.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 11:19 AM

The new evo is also proven to be slower than the 06 models, and is targeted towards a totally different market...
Old Nov 19, 2007, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JspecEfini
^exactly! and that was the first page, lol! try clicking on the next pages on cars.com and you will see more realistic prices. its like that for every car not just the evo!

and the evo is pretty damn common. nothing like the supra. it will be worth like 15k when the x officially releases here and continue to drop and possibly stay at around 8-10k. why?
because the X is also awd and turbo, and most importantly, superior.

i wouldnt say its superior. slower 0-60 car is heavier. and engine is unproven at the moment. all i have to say like i said before looked what mitsu did to the eclipse. thats the whats happening to the new evo's (just my opinion)
Old Nov 19, 2007, 12:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Bl@ckburn
The new evo is also proven to be slower than the 06 models, and is targeted towards a totally different market...
This is what i think too. Plus as i said this forum is big enough to make changes in the values of our cars in america
Old Nov 19, 2007, 12:07 PM
Evolving Member

there was something that sorta went down on the gvr4 boards a while back like this. something among the lines like everybody decided to up the value of their cars $1,000 to help preserve them and their worth. then again the galant vr4 was far more limited production than the evo, you get the idea. i'm sure i'm not the only one that likes seeing evos somewhat maintain their value. comparable to that of an s2000 i'd say as far as years vs miles. as long as i can sell my car without losing money i'm happy. my only additional hope is that my **** retentiveness for keeping my car clean and maintained will show over time and stand out as being a positive selling point for it.