Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My car was stolen and found

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2007, 08:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That sucks so bad!!!

Sorry Man
Old Nov 20, 2007, 08:44 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Since they towed it, I would be very careful and have someone check your transfer case or transmission. Chances are it was not towed on a flatbed and thus more damaged was created.
Old Nov 20, 2007, 09:18 AM
Account Disabled

Wow, after seeing the pics and reading all those posts, it sounds a lot like an 8 to 9 conversion. I say rebuild and be better, faster! Sorry for the loss though.
Old Nov 20, 2007, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
man those guys are ****ing dumb, id have droped that engine/drivetrain first thing hahahah. Well atleast they didnt take all the expeinsive stuff. is your insurance going to cover all the stolen items. COUGH COUGH MISSING TURBO = buy fp green
Old Nov 20, 2007, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

lol
Old Nov 20, 2007, 09:32 AM
Evolving Member

hey I'm not so sure if its going to help but there's this one white/mexican guy(in his early 20's) yestrday morning who followed me to my school randomly started talking to me at my school parking lot here in cerritos(la county) and he told me that his friend who has an evo 8 mr was parting out his 8 and he's selling, evo9 seats, evo9 bumper, hks intake, hks bov, and evo 9 wing...I asked for prices and he started naming some really low prices...I thought he was really suspicious since he said his friend had an 8 but he was selling 9 parts =/ and he seemed pretty weird...started asking me what parts I had..I told him to come back the next day with the list and prices...after he left I immediately went back 2 my car and turned my killswitch on..and took all my tuning hardwares out of my car...I don't know if he was legit or not tho..today I wanted to see if he came I waited and he never came back.. anyways, sorry to hear that ur car was stolen, I wonder how they bypassed the immobilizer tho...
Old Nov 20, 2007, 09:32 AM
Evolving Member

that sux man... time to upgrade!!!
Old Nov 20, 2007, 09:39 AM
Evolving Member

Sorry to see this man, I hope everything works out for you.
Old Nov 20, 2007, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

Wow...I wish "people" wouldn't post threads like this...It really insults all of us in the "know".
Old Nov 20, 2007, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by xzlnt
Here is the aftermath...

They took my wheels, brakes, front bumper, spoiler, spare tire, intake, exhaust, intercooler all my seats and interior. They even tried burning my car. I am so bummed right now. I hate thieves.
Wow, this is terrible. Why did I KNOW that you were in SoCal once i read the title?!?!?!? This is why I HATE SoCal! Screw teh nice weather, this city is filled with a bunch of punkass **** heads who are pissed they don't have nice ****! So they take other peoples **** or vandalize nice cars. It just pisses me off! Where exactly are you located in Socal? I'm in LA and someone already managed to key my car. Boo to Los Angeles!
Old Nov 20, 2007, 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

well dude, i understand that your bumbed out, BUT at least you have it back.

Is that an VIII BOV on a IX?
Old Nov 20, 2007, 09:52 AM
Evolving Member

insurance going to cover it?

~Chug
Old Nov 20, 2007, 10:07 AM

dammm i cud jus imagine ur pain

but at least u got some of it back
Old Nov 20, 2007, 10:08 AM
Evolving Member

Sorry about your loss man. Now in the hands of your insurance, hopefully they do right by you. Someone suggested LOJACK..........don't help if he doesn't even realize his car is missing for almost two days.
Here is a suggestion.........if the ins. will not total the car and you get a good chunk of change from them, replace what u can, sell the car and get a new one with the cash.

DON'T U JUST HATE THIEVES.

They will get theirs.

G/L
Old Nov 20, 2007, 10:12 AM
Evolving Member

Damn this is exactly why I even get scared about owning an EVO. *****es jacking everything. They prolly would look at my Lancer and go "eh, its not the EVO" and just pass by it.

Originally Posted by ohhgyeahfasho
hey I'm not so sure if its going to help but there's this one white/mexican guy(in his early 20's) yestrday morning who followed me to my school randomly started talking to me at my school parking lot here in cerritos(la county) and he told me that his friend who has an evo 8 mr was parting out his 8 and he's selling, evo9 seats, evo9 bumper, hks intake, hks bov, and evo 9 wing...I asked for prices and he started naming some really low prices...I thought he was really suspicious since he said his friend had an 8 but he was selling 9 parts =/ and he seemed pretty weird...started asking me what parts I had..I told him to come back the next day with the list and prices...after he left I immediately went back 2 my car and turned my killswitch on..and took all my tuning hardwares out of my car...I don't know if he was legit or not tho..today I wanted to see if he came I waited and he never came back.. anyways, sorry to hear that ur car was stolen, I wonder how they bypassed the immobilizer tho...
u shud have asked for his # to get back at him