Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Faithfulness: Evo-vs-Motorcycle

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2007, 05:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I totally understand! My Evo was my summer toy...until I got my bike this last spring. Instead, I was on my bike all summer and the Evo sat in the garage. I'm now selling my Evo and keeping the bike. The car is going for other reasons besides the bike, but I did find myself taking the bike over the Evo.
Old Nov 27, 2007, 05:33 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Funny... also forgot to add that at times I left the bike at home this summer because Texas is often TOO hot to ride. So again, the Evo is still my friend year round.
Old Nov 27, 2007, 06:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Xolition
Reality check at the door please, bull****.
You know more about my customers than I do?
Next time you're in my shop, make sure you say hello.
Old Nov 27, 2007, 06:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Zeus
BTW... My Evo is down with suspension woes... read wore out. So I rode in to work at 5am this morning... 38 degree at the house. TourMaster/Alpine Star/Scorpion/Goretex are my friends. Arrived nice and toasty even with a wind chill of 70 mph PLUS
I remember having to scuff in tires on an RC51, at Willow when it was 28 degrees.
I don't dig riding/racing in cold weather one tiny bit. I guess if I lived somewhere like you where it was either suck it up, or don't ride for the season, I'd choose the former.
Old Nov 27, 2007, 09:50 PM
Evolving Member

So I rode in to work at 5am this morning... 38 degree at the house. TourMaster/Alpine Star/Scorpion/Goretex are my friends. Arrived nice and toasty even with a wind chill of 70 mph PLUS
What a true soldier, my hat off to you sir.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 12:52 AM
Evolving Member

Yes, sunburns on Christmas do suck!!!

Pick your's up yet???

How's the Evo saga?

/\ classic case of some one going to enjoy both!
Pick it up this week! We'll have to ride sometime! (if you don't mind going slow enough for me to keep up )

I talked to RPS and they don't have a record of the guy who bought the clutch, the said that CFT isn't one of their vendors. So it looks like I'll be paying retail unless somebody out here in EVOM land can hook me up. (HINT HINT) We just have to figure out how we are going to handle this downtime between sending the clutch off and getting it back, I don't want to put Josh's friend out that has the lift.

Here's a pic of what i'm getting same color except I got the tail chop and bar end mirros

Last edited by dzraduzit; Nov 28, 2007 at 01:04 AM.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 12:54 AM
Evolving Member

Funny... also forgot to add that at times I left the bike at home this summer because Texas is often TOO hot to ride. So again, the Evo is still my friend year round.
True that.... especially with gear. Does an air-cooled bike put out more heat than a liquid cooled?
Old Nov 28, 2007, 06:28 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Sweet! Where did you find that color? I didn't see it on the web site. Or maybe I was on the wrong one.

Opt for the center stand if you can... trust me, sooner or later you will have to do your own maintenance.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 06:34 AM

is there not enough love to go around for both?
Old Nov 28, 2007, 09:38 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dzraduzit
I'm a fan of a lot of the newer naked bikes, but not enough to buy them. I just love sport bikes too much.

However, I absolutely love the Ducati Monster. I would love to get one of these. They are beautiful and very customizable. Also, you can't really argue with the sound of a V twin or the fact that they are great for performance and handling. I'm sure I'll end up getting something like a 1098 or something before I actually get this though.

Very nice.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 12:06 PM
Evolving Member

Zeus... it was between this color and the black w/ tangerine stripes, I was just digging the bumblebee and I got a great deal. They don't offer a center stand on this bike I checked, something w/ the singe sided swing arm or exhaust or something.

XdannyX.. I would love a 1098 or a hypermotard, they're just too much bike for me at the moment. I'll get there though!

Last edited by Zeus; Nov 29, 2007 at 05:17 PM.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 05:16 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Yellow has always been at the top of my favorites paint list for cars and bikes... just dead sexy if it is a rich yellow.

Your bike looks damn nice... kinda makes me want one too... maybe someday I'll be able to afford a Jay Leno collection... probably not...