Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

am i getting screwed over on a new alternator?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2007, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sometimes is not a good idea to do business with friends.I bought a car off of a former friend I knew for awhile.He tells me about a week after I buy the car that the rims belong to someone else and I have to buy some other rims.He gives me a price for the rims with new tires which was $1200.When I went to pick up the rims he came up with some story like "I said $1200 just for the rims."Needless to say that ended our friendship.Just goes to show you who are your real friends.
Old Nov 24, 2007, 12:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JDM, good point. I have a friend who has an STi, and instead of putting the car back together after a couple of extensive mods, I brought my tools over to his house.

It tooks me 11 months to get my stuff back, which involved pounding on his door and scaring the hell out of his elderly, non-English speaking grandfather.

I am a nice guy....and to this day I try my best to trust people, but I still wind up getting screwed here and there due to my trust, which is few and far between nowadays.

People suck...its fundamental...just look at this board..even I can't resist ripping on someone because of a misspelled word....shame on all of us......

But just the same.......I have a good Evo battery, at least it *might* still be good, its been sitting for a while. Im in PA, if anyone wants it, come get it.
Old Nov 24, 2007, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kevin Knight
went to my friends shop "hook it up performance" in Maryland and thier telling me a new alternator is $350 and its going to be 3 hours of labor due to having to move the fuel rail and power steering pump etc. and its $80 an hour

comes out to be like $545 total. this ****ing blows. right before i was about to buy cams

look it up on mitsubishiparts.com and see what it really is and then find any normal shop to do the work all it is is unbolting the alternator taking off the belt bolting it back up you might come out better than that i would check the price but cant go on that website at my job i work for chevy they block mitsubishiparts.net but not evom