Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Almost rear ended, by ANOTHER EVO!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2007, 03:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Almost rear ended, by ANOTHER EVO!

Well on my way home from work, (about 12:45am) I was driving west on Montrose and I had an off duty cop or undercover sitting behind me at a light.. I know this because I saw him pull out of the police station on Pulaski near Montrose. When I look in my drivers side mirror and notice a Evo sitting behind him, I could tell because of the shape of the HID head lights and JDM license plate location. So I pull off the light nice and easy seeing how most off duty cops here in Chicago still have CB's in their DD's and this continues for the next light or two, until the other Evo gets tired of following behind the cop and goes around him along side of me, and we were a good 100-150yards from the next stop light which was turning amber so I gave it a little throttle in 3rd gear up to at most 4500rpm just to hit boost, and he does the same and goes in front of me a bit and by the sound of his exhaust I would say more than likely a turbo back. We pull up to the stop light which is now at the entrance to montrose from the I-90 (exit 43C), I look over but the guys windows are tinted all the way around, so I couldn't see him just for a little for having a nice car. So we just accelerate nice and easy because the off duty officer is still behind us and come to the next stop light which is under the viaduct that the Amtrak train passes over. The officer is still there.. So we again accelerate nice and easy and just for the hell of it I punch it at around 15 in first gear and hit 2nd for at max two seconds, and I look in my rear view the other evo is about 4 car lengths back and I notice the off duty isn't there any more and the guy in the evo comes into my lane (two lanes each way) at WOT from 4-5 cars back thinking this guys just having some fun and is going to slow down in plenty of time.. but NOOOO he keeps on it until he's about right on my bumper and slams on the brakes, he's so close that I CAN'T SEE HIS HEADLIGHTS OR HOOD!!! and I'm already going 15 over the speed limit, and the guy just follows me like this through the Cicero intersection until the next light, and in my head I'm thinking maybe I should just brake check this ***hole. After that he makes a left on Milwaukee, and what do you know and the next stop light (seeing I went straight) there's Chicago's finest sirens a blazing coming east bound of montrose and whip a right on Milwaukee where the other evo turned...

Now.... So which one of you guys in Chicago drives a BB with HID's, JDM license plate location, Black rims, tints all the way around, and an exhaust.. cause your lucky I just didn't brake check your *** and let you hit me and get you for wreckless opp. and tailgating. Your the type of guy that gives us Evo owners the bad name along with the high insurance rates.
Old Nov 23, 2007, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

sorry to hear man. same thing happens to me. evo's get right up on my bumper for no reason and rev at me and try and race. I just don't get it. there are a bunch of really good evo owners out there but a bunch who are really reckless as some of the stories have shown on here.
Old Nov 23, 2007, 03:49 PM
Evolved Member

Dont be so hard on the guy he just wanted to swap some paint with u.... is that such a bad thing? Obviously just kidding

No seriously though i hate people who act like morons on the road, sorry to hear of your troubles.
Old Nov 23, 2007, 03:53 PM
Evolving Member

Ha thats right by my house, no traffic at that time?
Old Nov 23, 2007, 04:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MitsuOZ
Ha thats right by my house, no traffic at that time?

Nope, hardly any traffic. I live a little further down Montrose
Old Nov 23, 2007, 04:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sux man.To bad you couldn't of busted a flame out of your exhaust and cook his front bumper.Some people are just total jackballs with nothing better to do than try to start stuff with other people.
Old Nov 23, 2007, 04:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That's sad to hear that the tailgating bad driver ended up being a fellow Evo owner .
Old Nov 23, 2007, 04:21 PM
Evolved Member

Wow, a good story that turned bad... that could have been worse. I know the feeling man. Last night I had a Jeep SRT8 come within i'd say 4 inches of my rear quarter panel trying to 'show off' or something. He immediately cut in front of me, where 2 cars were going very slow & he kept in front of me for a good mile or two. Kinda waist of gas just to do that? Idiots.
Old Nov 23, 2007, 04:31 PM
Evolved Member

He's probably in this forum and read this post and is chicken and scared to man up and say it was him. Give it about 3 months and we'll see a post from him stating that he totaled his car.

Maybe he should drive an SRT-4.....haha
Old Nov 23, 2007, 04:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would have gotten his insurance to pay for it....
Old Nov 23, 2007, 04:49 PM
Evolving Member

so that was you huh...? we'll meet again...soon very soon...
Old Nov 23, 2007, 04:56 PM
Evolved Member

Old Nov 23, 2007, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by highbredcloud
Sux being slow doesn't it? No need to ride someone's *** for it....

Might as well done the ricer flyby....
Old Nov 23, 2007, 05:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by highbredcloud

to you driving a Silver Evo.. when in fact it was a BB.. In actuality I hope it does happen again, this time I'd get the license # and since that driver can't drive worth a ____ it wouldn't be hard for me to keep up in my stocker..
Old Nov 23, 2007, 05:13 PM
Evolving Member

IT WAS Me, it was me....HAHAHA JUST KIDDING.....people that do that **** **** me off

Quick Reply: Almost rear ended, by ANOTHER EVO!