Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Sold the Evo..Final Thoughts

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2010, 12:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Enjoy the bimmer, see ya.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 04:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by njboy
I love that rear wing its like driving around flipping the bird to people who don't know how to have fun in life.
hahaha my thoughts exactly also great when theres a redneck behind you
Old Nov 6, 2010, 06:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by tru evo
Damn FJF and Redcat, we are too old for an Evo. Didn't u know we should be modding our wheelchairs...
j/k

ps. 43 and I don't give a damn what people think, my evo is fun as hell 2 drive.
Same here, 45 and right now I am at an HPDE at CMP with NASA. I don't give a rats a@@ what other folks think. I bought the car to enjoy. And it's perfect for what I wanted it for.

And I rock the wing. It's on there for a purpose. People who track their Evo's know why.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 11:21 PM

for some reason i really enjoyed reading this...hope you decide on something youll enjoy man.. best of luck
Old Nov 7, 2010, 12:30 AM

36 yrs old here and actually my husband researched/picked out the Evo in 2007 after we decided to upgrade from an SRT4 (now there's bare bones for ya). He's 43. He's been overseas for two years so guess who drives the car almost every day? Yep, with the 2.5 yr old daughter in the back in her carseat yelling for me to go "super fast" - don't worry, nothing extreme while she's in there. Anyways, being in the San Diego area there are a lot of car enthusiasts and fast cars but I don't get too much trouble. I've modded it a tad, tinted the windows and love the big *** spoiler. Guess I should be embarassed about the fact that I'll pull off a light if somebody wants a go but it's usually V8's and we laugh about how I beat them off the light and then they'll outpull me. *shrug Haven't revv'd on anyone and try not to be an asshat but somehow I did **** off one guy in a crappy Civic that threatened to key my car if he ever saw it around because i was driving like a ****h. No idea what he thought I did to him...eeesh. Overall, my opinion is that this car is an adrenaline rush only ever a fraction away with an awesome look and curve-hugging action that is just sublime. I should test drive all these fancy luxury sedans before I spout off but I sure hope I can drive my Evo's wheels off before I have to look at getting another car...for the price you get SO much joy. OP, made me cringe when you sold yours and had to nod when I saw you miss it after all this time.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 08:29 PM

I read the first two pages, then skipped to the last page because I was getting tired of the bashing, so maybe I'm repeating things. If so, sorry!

When I first bought my Evo last year, I had my Dad with me most of the time since I hadn't driven manual before. Well my Dad and uncle (both in their mid-40s) were in the front as we were driving around. Cop drove past, and was OBVIOUSLY eying the car up the second he saw it. When he got closer, I could almost hear his mouth hit the steering wheel when he saw two old guys cruising .

Anyways, me being 21 I don't mind when people pull up, revving their engines or whatever. Hey, if you want to waste your gas, fine. I'll just get a smirk on my face and ignore you. I don't give in to the wannabe's or whatever you want to call them, when they want to run. Most people (and by now it should be ANYONE) who own an Evo know that it WILL get attention, good and bad. But most people who come up, and start revving, will just go away in a bit if you ignore them. That's just my take on things.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 04:14 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Bad Company
I read the first two pages, then skipped to the last page because I was getting tired of the bashing, so maybe I'm repeating things. If so, sorry!

When I first bought my Evo last year, I had my Dad with me most of the time since I hadn't driven manual before. Well my Dad and uncle (both in their mid-40s) were in the front as we were driving around. Cop drove past, and was OBVIOUSLY eying the car up the second he saw it. When he got closer, I could almost hear his mouth hit the steering wheel when he saw two old guys cruising .
Geritol is key.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 11:24 AM

Hey there guys and gals I gotta say I was 19 when I bought my evo and yes I bought it worked my *** off for it. I personally love the ****civics revving at me due to the fact it ain't even worth the race they know and I know they are gonna lose not worth the time and trouble to stomp them. I do agree people seemto always want to do somthing stupid cause they see a person specially a 19 year old kid in a car with a spoiler kinda stupid just giving a young kids thoughts on the matter I would like to apologize for my generation and it's idiotic antics that make us all look stupid thanks yall